“Heavenly”
Review of Temazcal del J

Temazcal del J
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I wanted to go to temazcal in Oaxaca city, but didn't have time. I am so happy to have found this one in Huatulco!
The session started with half an hour steam bath, which was really relaxing. During this time the girl came a couple of time to show some breathing techniques.
After that I was more than ready to exit. Cool towels on my face and an aromatheraphy session felt divine. That was rather quick, perhaps 15 mins.
Then came full-body scrub and mask. I was covered with red clay head to toes, and then rinsed it after maybe 15 mins. The skin felt amazingly soft and young!
Then came the main massage, about half an hour. I have to say that I was already so relaxed and literally in heaven that I don't remember much of this final stage.
During the treatments you get some herbal tea, get sprayed with sandal water and are served a plate of fruits in the end. I was re-born, without any exaggeration.
You can also buy the clay and other products from them. I am taking a clay pack home with me.
This place is also great value - I got a promotion deal and had 2 hours of pure bliss plus the clay pack for 400 pesos (23 euros!)

This place is a little out of the center, you can take a taxi for 25 pesos or walk - it took me 10 mins to walk to Plaza Principal. The area is residential and safe.

4  Thank Soturimimmi

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I spent a lovely couple of hours being pampered and cared for. This is definitely an experience you should seek out. I will come back each time I am in Huatulco.
Una experiencia relejante ---muy bien atendida y muy satisfecha con toda la experiencia.

1  Thank larosablanca1964
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent about 2 hours there with a couple of friends and it was an amazing experience.
The herbal steamed sauna was great! It felt like we cleaned our souls and not just detoxified our bodies...
The place is very clean and has a nice Zen feeling. The owner (along the rest of the staff) is extremely professional, friendly and passionate about what she does.
The massage they offer are more like Swedish style, so it's relaxing but don't expect a deep tissue or Thai style massage.
Over all, I would definitely recommend it to anyone and would go back if I visit Huatulco again.
PS: Very reasonable pricing.

1  Thank Lalla E
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I always make room on my calendar for a trip to Temazcal for a one hour massage. I stay in Santa Cruz and it is an easy walk over the hill, but they even offer the service of picking you up and dropping you off at your hotel. You definitely need to take them up on that offer because you are so relaxed that you don't want to walk a step further than you have to when you leave. Very clean relaxing environment, and service is always first class. I look forward to returning knowing that it will be need to be followed by a nap by the pool or beach.

1  Thank AngelSaskatchewan
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I enjoyed over two hours of very relaxing time at Temazcal. I received attentive and professional services in a clean and very friendly environment. I highly recommend going!