“Destination Wedding Paradise”

Las Brisas Huatulco
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
“Destination Wedding Paradise”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

First time ever at the Las Brisas Huatulco and I was not disappointed. I spent two nights at this all inclusive resort for my cousin's beach wedding. My only wish is that I could have stayed longer. There were only about 20 of us at this huge resort, but the staff made us feel like we were their only group.

As I stated, this resort is HUGE!!! So big in fact that they have carts constantly taking guests everywhere. The carts seat about 9 people each and are easy to catch a ride. If a cart was full, then there usually was another one less than 5 minutes behind. I soon learned the walking paths, but this place is hilly. We stayed in the Blue Tower section so it was usually easier to walk down and catch a cart back up. The size of the resort did require some planning because a trip back to our room could take 20 minutes or more.

I heard other sections of the resort had different sized rooms, but our room was big. We had a king sized bed with a full sized sitting area. The balcony had a phenomenal view and I enjoyed sitting out there for morning coffee.

The 3 beaches here are great. One includes a coral reef that is nice for snorkeling. The snorkeling is not as spectacular as say Hawaii, but it was good enough and there were plenty of beautiful fish to see.

My cousin was married on the activity beach, which the resort closed for the wedding. The staff did a fantastic job of setting up the altar and seating on the beach. It appeared that it might rain heavily so the staff setup on the beach and in the beachside restaurant. When it did not rain they very quietly removed the duplicate setup. Obviously, they do many weddings and the staff had it down. The wedding was beautiful and the food was delicious. As we ate dinner, the staff converted the beach into our own private wedding disco. It was an impressive wedding.

I had breakfast twice and one lunch at the buffet. The food at the buffet was nothing to write home about, but it was good and the restaurant was very clean. The staff was great.

The entire wedding party had dinner at the Mexcian restaurant and it was delicious. Ordering here was off a menu. Again the staff was great.

I enjoyed my stay at Las Brisas. It was impressive that they could keep up with each individual guest and still be so huge. I hope to visit again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Cortesokc
SalesHuatulco, Guest Service at Las Brisas Huatulco, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
July 16th, 2013.
Bahías de Huatulco, Oaxaca-México

Thank you so very much for such grandiose words and for all your details about your last visit to Las Brisas Huatulco.

You are very kind to thank the all the staff for a good event and vacation. We thank you back for the opportunity to serve you. You are delightfulIt is us who are in debt to you for your visit and for sharing your lovely personality.

We will be honored by a return visit sometime in the near future.

Guest Service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to the Las Brisas Resort from January 19th-26th 2013. I travelled as a group of 18 people. Friends and family were among the bunch from ages 21- 50. If you are thinking about booking this resort then I can tell you it is worth the money.

Check In - The process was very quick and efficient. We were greeted with some non-alcoholic cocktails and smiles. It was in the afternoon so we were all ready to get up to our rooms to head down to the pool right away. I have never had a check in that quick, especially in the middle of peak season.

Property - Was very big and spread out. I walked down to the pool most days and took the carts they drive back up as I was staying in the farthest building. I did not find it a problem what so ever and actually enjoyed the little ride around. Also note I am 24 so as it is not a problem for me it could be if you have small children or seniors in your group if you want to walk , but if your okay with a few minute cart ride then you are good :) The men who drove the carts were very friendly and polite and quick to help you with your things.

Rooms - I stayed in the the beach club room call the mar section (blue tower). It costs extra money to stay in these rooms as they are better and you get more with your package (balcony, ocean view, bigger room, more room amenities, private restaurant, best building ect) . Was definitely more then worth it. However some people in our group chose to stay in the regular rooms and still thought they were good.

Beaches - I am not a beach person as I enjoy the more lively pool scene much better. with that said the beaches were absolutely beautiful. They have 3 beaches (not including secret beach) A snorkel beach, an activities beach and then the big regular beach. The snorkel beach was fun and I did go snorkelling. The activities beach had jet skis! I went several times and got addicted to it. It was about 40 dollars Canadian for about half an hour (they let us on a bit longer) and was well worth the money.

Pools - There were 3 pools. One being an activity pool that they had water basketball and water volleyball in every day I was there. The guys in our group enjoyed it a lot. There was also a very large pool where most people hung out, there was great music sometimes games such as aqua aerobics and trivia for prizes which was fun to watch. The other pool was the adults only pool where I spent everyday! because I am not a kid person this setting was perfect. I could tan and swim and drink and our group didn't have to be worried about small children running around when we are trying to get our drink on, its not really appropriate behaviour in front of kids, so it made me feel more at ease that it was adults only. Also had these huge steps with water flowing down them I tanned here for hours everyday So if you like the heat and like to tan this will be the spot ;)

Bars - All the bars had very fast service, the main bar in the lobby could be a few minutes if they were really busy which was not a problem with us at all. The drinks were good in my opinion however some in our group were not happy with the "caesars". The only complaint is that the bar closed at 1am, I wished it was 24 hours because I drink into the night, and like to have that as an option. However we went into town most nights so it was not really a problem.

Food - The breakfast was good for omelets and and fruits and breads. However the bacon was not good but I am not a bacon person so did not care what so ever. The lunch you can either go to the buffet or a smaller lunch bar type restaurant (snack bar). They had nachos , fries, chicken ,burgers, salads, pasta salads, sometimes fish, pizza, and many toppings. I love love loved the food here. The lunch buffet was also good but the snack bar was my favourite. For dinner we only ate on the resort 2 nights of our 7 night stay. Had the buffet both times and it was so good especially the chocolate mouse I had for dessert. I did not get a chance to try any of the a la cartes while I was there so I cant comment on them.

Service - Best service I have had at a resort period. I have stayed anywhere from a 2* to a 5* and as for service this place really had it together. "Victoria" the server who works the pools areas bringing drinks around works very hard to bring drinks down to the lazy tourists who didn't want to walk up to the bar (including us haha) We tipped her VERY well as she works very hard along with the other serving staff and bartenders. I must also say I noticed some people were not tipping her and she still served them with a smile in a timely manor good for her! But please tip the staff! they work hard for lower wages! The service at the front desk was always great. Nadia is amazing and friendly and really cares about her job and making people happy. The staff who cleaned our rooms, as well as stocked our bar fridge were always polite and kept our rooms very clean. Always had our room looking great and fully stocked with sprite, coke, bottles of water and CORONAS. Yum.

Activities - I saw an activity board that had something going on every hour at various parts of the resort. Good for people who want to participate.

Location - The location of the resort is among the mountains and just so picturesque. It was about a 5 minute ride into La Crucecita by cab. We went into town every night eating and drinking at various places and had amazing food at every spot. Casa Mayor is a must see and has the best food, coffee, drinks, and live entertainment. Right in the town square with a great view and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Mar section!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
15 Thank ArmadaLatina
SalesHuatulco, Guest Service at Las Brisas Huatulco, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
July 18th, 2013
Bahías de Huatulco, Oaxaca - México.

Your recount about your recient visit is a very extensive invitation to other possible guest of what can be find in this Resort.
All the team of Las Brisas Huatulco thank you for your eloquence and kind words. You are definitely a guest who is a joy to cater to.

We will see you in a very near future. Thank you for availing us the honor of your visit.

With warmest regards,

Guest Service
Buffalo, Minnesota
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I went with another couple to Huatulco over Christmas. The hotel was full but service was great. There are lots of steps so this hotel is not for everyone. They do offer carts so you do not have to take the stairs. We always walked down the stairs and usually rode the cart up. It was the first vacation I lost weight on, not because of the food but because of the stairs. The food was great and they had a lot to choose from.The hotel was very clean, however the bathrooms down by the beach could use someone at all times to wipe up the water on the floor because they were slippery. When we were leaving they were putting a new bathroom on the main floor by the lobby which they needed badly. One other down fall was that when you are in the lobby there is no elevator to take you down to where the pool, food or bars are and the steps are very steep going down to them.. The staff was wonderful and very eager to help you. The grounds and beaches are beautiful and the weather is amazing. A short trip to Santa Cruz and La Crucecita is a must, They are just about 5 minnutes away by cab. I would return to Huuatulco in a heartbeat but would like to try another hotel on the other side, still The Las brisas is worth checking out.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms do not have balconyes so if you want one make sure you upgrade
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank 237KarenL
July 18th, 2013.
Bahias de Huatulco, Oaxaca - México.

Your kind words serve to encourage all of us at Las Brisas Huatulco to strive even harder to make all your stays with us as enjoyable and pleasant as possible.
Thank you very much for your recommmendation and we hope to have you back in a near future.

toronto
Reviewed April 23, 2013

As an active person, I loved this resort. I only took the readily available carts to the room on arrival and when leaving. We stayed in the Mar section and had the Beach Club Room. Room is basic, but listening to the ocean while sipping a glass of wine, was so worth it. We did find short cuts down to the beach after a couple of days there. I must admit, on arrival I was a little overwhelmed with the size of the resort, but it is so easy to learn your way around.
We only ate at the Mexicana for breakfast. Amazing omelettes and wonderful view....lunch usually at the buffet, and dinner split between the a la cartes and in La Crucecita. La Crema...Yum!! So many other Italian restaurants......funny as you are in Mexico. This little town is SO safe and so pretty and really everything there is SO reasonably priced. I would absolutely recommend this place and will probably go back. I love Huatulco....not high touristy, and guaranteed great weather. I have never returned to a resort, but would consider this one if the price was right.
If you are a traveller who enjoys beauty, exercise, amazing weather, friendly people, and great beaches than go...........not luxuary, but........ I loved it :D

Room Tip: I loved the Mars section for the view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank beth022
SalesHuatulco, Guest Services at Las Brisas Huatulco, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
April 27th, 2013.
Bahías de Huatulco, Oaxaca-México.

Thank you for your comments, it is gratifying to know you enjoyed your stay in Las Brisas Huatulco.
We invite you to return soon to this beautiful destination.
Guest Services.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Pictures do not match reality of the property and or rooms, and when you factor in the price of the rooms, it's way off..... False advertising.....
If you like to climb hundreds of stairs and hills, this is a place for you. This hotel is spaced out more than any other I've visited and separated by what seems mountains....
Food is at best average. If you want good food you'll have to leave the hotel. Actually the airport food was better than the hotel food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank TequilaBarrel
April 27th, 2013.
Bahías de Huatulco, Oaxaca-México.

We welcome your comments. We would like to clarify that we are not publishing untrue promotion both photographs and information on our advertising media are a reflection of what the resort offers. We try to detail as much as possible our product includes before the customer book.
We apologize for not being the best choice for you.
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our family has visited many parts of Mexico over the last 10 years, both Pacific and Caribbean side. Thought we give Huatulco a try for spring break, and what a great decision!!! By far our favourite place in Mexico hands down. Weather was fantastic for the entire week, nothing but sunshine. We were a group of 5 families and everyone loved Las Brisas. The staff had us all in the same section (mountain) with rooms all close together. Resort is absolutely beautiful to walk around. And if you get tired of walking there are tons of carts to give you a lift. Beaches are fantastic with a ton to see if you like snorkelling. Water was clean and warm with no red flags ever. I kayaked everyday in the bay to find many people on the beach at the other resorts ie.Dreams and Barcelo but only a handful in the water. They had red flags every day I kayaked and the water was very rough on that side of the bay. We spent every single day at the beach/or in the water and it was a blast. Went to town one Evening for pizza and taxi was dirt cheap. Rooms were clean and nice. Food was fantastic. The whole resort is kept very clean and the grounds are breathtaking. We have stayed at many 5 stars and by far prefer the Las Brisas. Nothing real fancy but exactly what our group was looking for in a holiday: great service, great beaches, great food, great swimming, great rooms, and great weather. We will definitely be returning to this place!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in mountain section and all rooms had awesome ocean views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank rainbow
Bahías de Huatulco, Oaxaca - México.

Thank you for taking the time and the effort to write about your recent stay at Las Brisas Huatulco.

We really hope we could have the opportunity to have you & your Group as many times as you wish!

We are highly grateful for your review, and it´s a pleasure for us to hear that your family vacation turned out as you expected and enjoyed everything during your stay.

Rest assured that we will share your note with our dedicated staff for them to know that you have recognized their efforts.

We are glad everything turned out well on your family vacation!

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I booked in through an online deal that covered breakfast only in this all-inclusive resort. We rebooked again when we returned to Huatulco on our way home. The resort turned out to be a good choice, since the evening meals we had on site weren't as good as some we enjoyed in Huatulco. The breakfast buffet was very ample with lots of variety, but the evening meals weren't as impressive: adequate but not special.

The resort has a wonderful, sheltered bay with 3 beaches (a 4th faces the outer ocean and is less sheltered and little-used). One of the beaches has a wonderful reef for snorkelling, and became our favourite. We didn't access the pools at all.

The site—as you'll read elsewhere—is quite expansive, requiring use of the available transport. However, access to the vehicles was convenient and a preferred option to climbing the many hills in the heat. Heading down to the beaches was easy. When we overlapped a popular weekend we found that the "regulars" leave something on the preferred beach chairs in the morning before breakfast and then occupied the chairs at about 10:00 AM. Head down early with a towel and a book to leave in place.

Place no faith that you'll have Wi-Fi access in your room; it's intermittent at best and notifying the front desk seemed to produce little change.

One of the main reasons for our Very Good rating is the result of our interactions with the concierge Joseanne, who couldn't have been nicer. She booked flights for us, advised on restaurants, went out of her way to arrange an in-room lobster feast for us after the booking time and after she was off shift, and sorted out a problem with the bill upon checkout. She is a jewel and sufficient reason for us to return to the resort.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room that has access through fewer stairs if you have trouble negotiatin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank GBHenderson
Bahías de Huatulco, Oaxaca - México.

Thank you for taking the time and the effort to write about your recent stay at our Resort.

We will share your note with our dedicated staff (Jossianne) to know that you have recognized their efforts.

We hope to have you back in a near future

Warm regards,