“The real deal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of tlayudas arely huatulco

tlayudas arely huatulco
Ranked #32 of 171 Restaurants in Huatulco
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Whitehorse, Canada
“The real deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very authentic.Local families eat here, a family affair. Ask for some mescal and they really heat up the service!

Visited November 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Amazing mole”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The moment we sat down on stools at Arely's outside eating area, we were met with a shining smile and menus. Items were carefully explained to us, and I opted for chicken-stuffed tortillas smothered in the best mole I've had. My husband enjoyed two tostados with chicken and pork. The limonada hit the spot to quench my thirst and cut through the richness of the mole. The total price: $109 pesos or less than $10 Canadian.

Rolando, a family member, gave us the history about his grandfather walking for 2.5 days to Oaxaca City to get his chocolate and other ingredients to make the mole. He also invited me to the prep kitchen to show me a cauldron of mole just finished its cooking after 12 hours on the burner.

Service is pleasant and fast. The cooks answered questions about the food they were assembling, happy to help us understand the local cuisine.

Rolando enjoys practising his English and was more than happy to walk us post-dinner to a nearby ATM we were looking for.

We will return to enjoy the local Oaxaquena cuisine.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
chicago
“One of our favorite meals of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Tried to catch places we haven't eaten at over the years and this was one. Probably one of my favorite "local" meals that we had. Sat on the plastic stools outside overlooking the grill. Loved watching the lady making the tlayudas right in front of me! Our group of three ordered some queso fundido, melted Oaxacan cheese that I can't seem to get enough of, a very generous portion, almost more than we could eat. We also had an order of 3 steak tacos, carne asada which was just one piece of skirt steak, and alahambres, chopped steak with melted cheese over it. I had the skirt steak, wish I would've ordered the alahambres instead (next time!) Beer was 15 pesos and it was the coldest Modello that I had all week. They only served beer but they did have shots of mezcal. My friend made her own drink by buying a shot of mezcal and a lemonade water and mixed it together. They seemed to get a kick out of that. Dinner for 3 (and we couldn't finish it all) was 300 pesos with tip. I will make sure that we return again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
British Columbia
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great place to eat and not very expensive. Food was fresh and very good. There was nothing that I disliked.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank hola-bc
Champaign, Illinois
“Back for seconds, thirds, and fourths”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Another great month spent in Huatulco eating at as many different restaurants as possible. Tlayudas Arely is a great place to eat and people watch. They have the most economical meals and cheapest beer and mezcal in Huatulco. This is the third year we have gone to Arelys and it has become a favorite of ours. We always take friends here and it has been interesting to see some of these folks entertaining others at Arleys as well. Good food, like the norovirus, is contagious. We have sampled just about everything on the menu and have yet to find anything to complain about. Do yourselves a favor and stop by for some of the best food and service in La Crucecita.

• Visited February 2013