“What a difference a year makes!”

Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
oklahoma city, ok
“What a difference a year makes!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a week of fun in the sun at Secrets Huatulco. We visited the resort last year and there was a litany of problems which completely turned me off to the resort, however my wife loved the clear skies and 95 degree weather every day, so back we went this year.
From my understanding, a new management team is in place and it shows! There wasn't a single thing this year that management could do to make our stay any better. Also, there was not the continual complaining about everything amongst the guests. I literally did not hear a single complaint all week long.

We stayed in room 6116 a swim out one room suite and all I can say is WOW! It is literally TWO ROOMS and was right in front of the main pool swim up bar. Awesome room and location.

Secrets offers pool and beach waiter service and these folks do a fantastic job! They make it super easy to kick back and relax. Whether you tip or not, they make their rounds and always offer service with a polite smile. We usually tipped about $5 a day, but it isn't expected.

Our housekeeper was an extremely hard working young man. Our room was always left in a state of disarray in the morning and in the afternoon, viola! it was back to immaculate condition, too bad it don't work like that at home!!!

Our favorite restaurants were Spice and Castaways. The French restaurant, Bourdeax, is nice, but I really wish the would up grade the seating, the plastic beach chairs really takes away from the atmosphere of the place.

The bars were all well stocked and drinks flowed freely.

The preferred club has been moved and is in a much better location now. The staff there was very helpful and informative.

The only detractor from our stay was the rude guests! Operating at 97% occupancy while we were there, needless to say the place was packed. Usually, I read on here about how the American tourist is rude self servicing etc. The guests at Huatulco were approximately 70% Canadian, and they have the TOWEL GAME down to a science. Every morning they were up staking out 4, 5, 6 loungers and umbrellas for their still sleeping friends. Management is pretty much in a catch 22 in this instance and if the guests would exercise some common sense and civility toward each other this wouldn't be an issue at all, "A"

Make sure you bring AMPLE sun screen, the sun is I N T E N S E!!! If you have a fair complexion, you may even want to consider a swim shirt, because you will get lots of sun even through tshirts!

The nightly entertainment is still lacking, but they do try hard. One problem is the theater's location. Perhaps they should move some of the entertainment to outdoors around the pool or beach areas.

Our stay this year was a complete 180 degree turn around from last year. We will definitely be back and look forward to seeing many of the same smiling faces from our previous two stays.

Unfortunately, this little unspoiled nugget (Huatulco) may not be so secretive anymore and rumor has it more resorts are moving into the area. Part of the allure of this part of Mexico is the unspoiled beauty and lack of over commercialization like in the Mayan Riveria. The airport has already expanded since last year.

Bottom line.....Thanks to the entire staff for a fantastic week. See you soon!

Room Tip: Pick a category other than Jacuzzi suite. The Jacuzzis are very close together.
2 Thank dave3232

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,213)
Carrying Place, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We just returned in March from our second vacation at this resort. We stayed here when the resort first opened in 2012 and they have made some changes since then - not all good - if you want a poolside lounge be prepared to get up at 5:30am! There are very few "floaties" so if you find one hang on to it. We have stayed at other AM Resorts - Secrets Silversands especially, and not had these issues. This may seem like a minor complaint but I was not able to get "can of cold beer" at Huatulco - cans of Bud Light and Corona Light were offered at Silversands(I'm a Canadian eh),and floaties were plentiful. I would expect all AM Resorts to be similar in these regards. On the plus side the weather in Huatulco is amazing and the food excellent. We will return!!

Room Tip: All rooms have Oceanview - higher floors are less noisy. Not sure preferred price is worth it unless...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim W
Sechu EConcierg... A, General Manager Assistant at Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your message, it is very important for our hotel to receive the feedback of our guests, in order to take measures to improve our services when needed.

In this frame be sure we will take in account your comments.

We hope to see you soon again at our Resort.

Best regards,

Aurélien Pichereau
General Manager Assistant
a_gerencia.sechu@secretsresorts.com
Toronto
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I trust tripadvisor explicitly, so when we were looking for a getaway this past March Break I started reading reviews. This resort stood out and exceeded our expectations!
We are "4 star" people generally, so going to a 5 Star was a treat for us both. Seriously, it was AMAZING.

It is difficult not to repeat the awesome PLUSES of this resort. Here is our story:

The Staff: Absolutely EVERYONE there, no matter what the job title or description, is lovely, hardworking, genuine and helpful. My story? We had been to a 4 Star Mayan Riviera resort a few years ago, and they had soy milk at their breakfast buffet. I was pleasantly surprised at this. They did NOT have it at Secrets, a 5 star, so I was disappointed, but knew it was a possibility. I have many allergies, so my food choices are limited...one being a dairy allergy, so could not use the lactose free milk, which they did have. One of the breakfast buffet managers, Sofia (remember that name, she is AWESOME) was so sweet and kind when I pouted about the soy milk. A few minutes later she came up to our table and said, if I would like, she could buy some soy milk in La Crucecita on her day off. I was stunned! Thinking she was doing this on behalf of the resort, I gratefully accepted, tipped her generously, and sure enough, it was there when she returned. They kept it in the fridge for me, so every morning all I had to do was ask for the soy milk and they brought me a glass for my cereal and coffee. Every morning I was greeted by Sofia and a big hug. A new friend....my "soy milk angel". Here's the best part of my story....It occurred to me a few days later that she may have paid for the soy milk out of her own pocket....when I asked her if this was true, she said humbly, "She did it from the bottom of her heart". I was speechless. Of course, I paid the for milk and more, although she tried to decline the offer. Beautiful, kind, lovely people work at Secrets. The entire food experience for me at Secrets was awesome. Our first night was a bit of a disaster, as our flight arrived late, and we didn't know what to do, or where to go for food. We ended up at Oceana (Sea food), and I didn't know enough to talk to the Manager of that restaurant upfront about my allergies. After that, every restaurant we went to, every manager, went beyond the call of duty to see that my food was free of allergens and DELICIOUS. Amazing service....we felt like royalty.

The Resort: Amazing, Five Star Plus. Note: This happened to us, and to a few other people...we had booked a Junior Suite, Ocean Front room with King Size bed. We got everything except the King Size bed...but two doubles just wasn't going to cut it...they offered to put them together, but we declined the offer. I had read on here that you MUST insist they help get what you booked. We were polite, but firm, and Nestor was the person we found success with. Again, helpful, kind and extremely nice. We arrived Friday night and had to wait until Sunday afternoon to get the room, but it was worth it. Being rude and grumpy won't help, but expect that the hotel may have overbooked and it is not the staff's fault. The staff will accommodate you if they are able. We started off in Building One....it has the vastest view of the ocean, but you have the orange tile roof of Building 3 as part of that panoramic. We weren't in our room that much anyway, so that didn't matter to us, but the distance away from the action and the bed situation bothered us a bit. Building Five (where we spent 5.5 glorious days) was THE BEST. It depends on what you are after. Building One is far away from everything except the restaurants. It took me half an hour to walk back from the snorkelling cove to our room in Building One, when I forgot something. We were moved to 5201(second floor of Building 5) and only had to walk down one flight of stairs and we were at the pool area, a two second walk to the glass elevators which took us to SkyBar and the restaurants. There are elevators down to the pool area as well, but we never used them. The first floor of Building 5 are swim-outs, as with the twin, Building 6. Like I said, it depends on what you want. I would recommend Building 5 or its twin Building 4....LOVED it.

It is extremely QUIET at this resort. People have a great time by the poolside all day, but it feels like "lights out" for most people by 11 pm. Very quiet. I read a lot about "the quiet pool vs noisy pool" before we went. Building Five, I guess, is in front of "the quiet pool", but to be honest, unless you are sitting on your balcony during the day, and want silence, what's a little happy noise? The "noisy pool" is happy noise! The entertainment crew plays water volleyball once or twice a day, they have water aerobics by the swim up bar and music playing all day long. A sure sign everyone is having fun. We are age 50 and age 60 and at first I was worried it was going to be TOO quiet.... once we got into the groove and joined into some of the activities, it was all good. Alex, Mya and Mickey (and one more girl I can't remember!) made water volleyball a TON of fun. They accommodate everyone who wants to play (any ability), eventually call you by name when they see you, and you truly have a blast. Everyone vacates the pool by the very latest 6 -ish and starts getting ready for dinner, so evening pool noise is non-existent. The swim up bar and snack bar close down around this time, so that helps take care of "hangers-on".

Your Room: Every person at this resort will enjoy the turn down service, clean room upon arrival at the end of the day, and a stocked mini bar! My partner kept asking, "Are you SURE this is included?" A cold cervesa after a day around the pool while getting ready for dinner, was just as the doctor ordered. 24 hour Room service was also included, although we only used it once. Delicious. I had the chicken....Fun fact: the air conditioning turns off automatically as soon as you open your patio door. No wasted energy. Loved that. The glass door for the toilet was no big deal for us as we were there alone...might be if you had friends popping in. The fan in the bathroom was LOUD, however, who cares, really. Loved the rain shower head....always hot water, spacious. We had no trouble with any bugs, mosquitoes or "no see -'ums" as read in previous reviews. Not even on our mountain waterfall tour. There were little house fly type things at pool side now and again, but nothing at all worth mentioning. One "heads-up" we found out about at our "welcome meeting" by Canjet....do NOT put anything that belongs to you on the empty shelf underneath the safe in the closet. There is a secret door that opens to the outside hall for employees to remove any room service trays without disturbing the guest. If you put anything there, they will remove it and you will have to go to the concierge to retrieve it at the lost and found. I thought that would have been useful information before the trip as opposed to 15 hours into the trip. We tipped the housecleaner $1 or $2 every day, our waiters/waitresses a couple of bucks etc. Remember, this helps them tremendously as we were told that the people of Huatulco have one of the lowest minimum wage standards in all of Mexico. They truly deserve the tips, as they work so hard.

The Food & Restaurants: Cin Cin (Italian), Spice (Japanese) and Castaways (a little bit of everything) were our favourites. Again, very accommodating managers and HARD working waiters/waitresses. Cin Cin usually has a waiting list, but is worth it once you get in. Fantastic chefs. Spice requires reservations if you want to experience the personalized "show" (you get to meet some great people while you watch your meal being cooked as well...we met awesome people from Chicago and St. Louis....we talked HOCKEY! LOL). Once again, the manager accommodated my food allergies by having my meal cooked separately in the main kitchen to avoid possible cross contamination. My meal was DELICIOUS, as was everyone else's. Castaways has the view of views, and again, great food. The only restaurants we didn't try were Bordeaux (French) and Tamarindo (Mexican). There was nothing we could have altered for me at Bordeaux and we were eating Mexican on our tour days, so felt we were scratching that itch off resort :-) The traditional "buffet" option you find at other resorts would transform at night and take on a theme. It would move into the central area between the other restaurants and you would eat under the stars. One night, they even had a Market kind of night, where locals came and set up and sold their goods. We preferred La Crucecita, but for those who did not want to leave the resort, they loved it.

The Beach: Okay, it's NOT the white, soft, sandy beaches of the Mayan. It's like a slightly coarse, crushed pebble/shell sand. By noon you won't be walking on it anyway, because it's SO hot. All you have to do is get to the part where the tide is coming in and you're fine. We figured this out after a couple of days: Get up early, eat breakfast by 8 am, swim in the front of the resort before 10 am because the undertow is incredibly powerful. I am a very strong swimmer (used to lifeguard) and my partner is a firefighter...VERY strong. This tide is crazy strong. We had some fun in the surf for about an hour and then it was just too much. Great workout though, but don't go in if you aren't a strong swimmer or are panicky in water, the waves (later in the day) are powerful and will knock you over. My hubby was hit by an unexpected wave and ended up with his head in the sand....couldn't go diving this trip because his ear was full of water and/or sand. We ended up spending our early mornings on the left side of the bay....we called it Snorkel Cove. Again, later in the morning the tide gets a little strong, but not as bad as the front of the resort. But the earlier in the morning, the better if you want to snorkel. Nice and calm and not as murky (we were told by a veteran traveller, that it was plankton that made the water murky, not sand or mud). The snorkelling at the resort was just as good, if not better, than the trip we paid to go on. That's another paragraph.

The Pool: Another thing you will read is about the loungers etc. and being claimed early in the morning...and lack of loungers/umbrellas. We only reserved chairs once. A few other days, we actually found a couple of empty loungers by the pool, no problem. Three days of the seven we were on excursions, so for us, we didn't care. Like I said, we found empty chairs, but it's true, there aren't a lot that aren't claimed by 6 am.

The Sun: Pay heed....this is desert sun, not Caribbean sun. I brought a couple of little cover-ups as when we were in Cuba and in the Mayan, it got slightly cooler at night. Not in Huatulco. As our tour guide, Oscar says, there are only two types of weather in Huatulco: Hot and VERY hot. It was easily between 34 -38 degrees Celcius every day. Not a cloud in the sky. Every day was the perfect summer day. No joke. I fried my back the first full day there, although I was wearing a 60 SPF. My mistake was playing water volleyball for over an hour, reapplying sunscreen while I was still wet and not getting enough on my shoulders. Kept putting it off as I was having so much fun chatting with my "chaise" neighbours (from Alberta). My back is still sore (the peeling is finally gone) after 2 weeks. It didn't ruin my holiday, but I was SORE....wore an SPF t-shirt I had brought with me for most of the holiday after that. Lots of very lobster- like people walking around. Some, clearly not afraid of getting skin cancer.

Safety and Surrounding Areas/Excursions: We never felt safer. We took a taxi into La Crucecita by ourselves and spent the day walking around and shopping for silver and other souvenirs. My partner had just been to Los Cobos in January and commented on how much nicer it was here than there, purely based on the fact that the people do not chase you down the street to go buy from them. They are pleasant, nice and will barter over certain items. We had a lovely day there, talked to many locals and learned a lot about weaving, dyes, Mescal, and the Huatulcan diet of grasshoppers, iguanas and worms. We also met several, retired Canadians living in the area, who just LOVE it. We saw people jogging along side the immaculate highways (we actually saw government workers SWEEPING the highways on two separate occasions) to reinforce the safety factor here. We then hopped in a cab and went into Santa Cruz. A little quieter, but met a super guy named Oscar Longoria (no relation to the actress lol) who worked at Jessy Mar restaurant. We stopped in for a cervesa and enjoyed our conversation with him.

Excursions: We opted for Sweet and Salty and Waterfall excursions through our TripCentral booking guide. I had read that you could find a local to take you out fishing, snorkelling etc., but for conveniences sake, we just went through them. I would highly recommend the Waterfall Tour...our guide, Oscar (not the guy mentioned above) was OUTSTANDING. We visited an Iguana Sanctuary, Botanical Garden (beautiful and interesting) and were fed a tortilla snack after we were shown how the corn is turned into mush and made into the tortilla. We took a winding road (bumpy, but the worst part for me was that it's high up into the Sierra Mountains and no guard rails). You drive through several little villages and end up on a coffee plantation. A short walk through mountain jungle and you are at the beautiful falls. It's an awesome day. A local woman puts mud on your face if you want (natural exfoliant is all) and then after about an hour, you head back to the coffee plantation and have lunch and a sample of Mescal. Oscar is well educated and extremely informative. We LOVED this excursion.
Sweet and Salty was okay, but like I said previously, we had pretty good snorkelling at Secrets Resort. We saw a humpback whale briefly, and a pod of dolphins entertained us for a bit. I know, that was pretty exciting. Charlie, one of the guides, was super helpful, and pulled sea urchins out and a blow fish for us to see. Pepe was our guide and my husband enjoyed talking to him about Santa Cruz and the development happening in Huatulco. Very knowledgable and experienced. The one thing we found a bit disappointing was that we were dropped at a bay full of restaurants for TWO hours....the snorkelling wasn't great, there was no place to put our stuff because the boat was anchored in the bay...so we roasted in the sun until we could get back on the boat....you could opt to sit under one of the restaurants' shady parts...but to us, it was a wasted 2 hours.

The SPA: Worth every penny. I am SO glad we did this. We bought a couple's massage, and the concierge gave us a discount (from $179 Canadian each, to $125). I had read not to use the coupons they offer (something about a time share presentation?). We refused politely when we were asked, and they didn't bother us again. Every morning you get a list of the day's events and the spa provides a deal for its services. We followed this lead and it worked out well for us. The concierge is very sweet (also a Canadian) and we enjoyed every minute of the experience. The one hour hydra-therapy was thrown in and was a wonderful treatment. You truly feel like royalty. The 80 minute massages were fantastic...although, my sunburned back prevented me from enjoying it as much as I should have. We opted for "sunset" massages, but in fact, you are face down on the massage table, so you don't really see a sunset. lol It didn't matter, it was a good time for us because we would be finished at the pool by 4:30 anyway.

In closing, (it was so hard for me not to ramble on about this resort, it was so fantastic), there were no real disappointments or negatives. One thing we thought Secrets might consider, is the rule that men HAVE to wear long pants to get into the restaurants at night. I think they were allowed to wear long shorts only if they sat at the tables outside the restaurant itself. Women wear a variety of short skirts, halter dresses etc but the men have to roast in a short sleeved, collared shirt and long pants. I know this maintains a certain "class" for the eating experience ( for sure some guy would turn up with his flowered wakeboard shorts on or something), but there are very nice dress shorts out there that I think would be acceptable. One night my hubby couldn't wait to get back to the room to change as he was absolutely roasting. Just a thought.

Sorry if this was too long winded. We have been back for a full week and I am still on my "holiday high". This is an outstanding resort and beautiful destination. We will be back, without doubt. Thanks for a most memorable holiday, Secrets staff!

Room Tip: Like I said in my review, we were in room 5201...Building 5, second floor, closest to the stairs and...
15 Thank Beachbaby33
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2014

just came back from Huatulco we were there for a wedding awesome food, drinks and service. Sofia was the best ever will defiantly go back again clean rooms great room service. The beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Context
We are veteran travellers who have stayed at a number of resorts in Mexico, the US, Jamaica, Thailand, and Greece. Some of them were AI, some half board, and others conventional a la carte lodging. In Mexico, we’ve stayed at Las Brisas, Ixtapa (three times), Dreams, Puerto Vallarta, and Eldorado Seaside in Tulum.

We booked the resort on a last minute basis, approximately 3 weeks prior to our departure, through Sunwing and got a fabulous price. Our expectations were not high because of the comparatively low cost, the fact that it wasn’t our major annual vacation, and we were desperate to get out of winter.

Check-in
This was disappointing. We were told that our room was not ready and it would be in excess of 3 hours until it was. Many on the same flight were getting their rooms immediately, and we watched “nose pressed to the glass” as others were escorted to their rooms. Further, we did not receive the welcoming sparkling wine that other guests around us were being served. We strongly objected to the delay in getting our room and eventually were advanced. The hotel employee who showed us to our room pointed to the gym and spa but gave us no other introduction to the hotel property and failed to familiarise us with the room itself.

Room
We had an entry level room.
The room was well furnished and generally comfortable. The condition of the room was disappointing. There were fingerprints and palm prints on the wood and walls, as well as assorted stains and marks, many of which likely could have been removed with a good scrub and a Magic Eraser. The drapes also had what we hoped were just food stains. The place felt grubby. We conducted a bed bug check when we first got the room. The mattress was spotless and in new condition. No pests except for one mosquito. The walls are paper thin. We heard our drunken neighbours’ conversations, music, and their hairdryer as if they were in our room.

We liked the generous sized shower, which had a rain shower head with excellent water pressure, and a hand-held. We disliked the toilet cubicle that offered very little privacy. The glass cubicle is fitted with a translucent film that has graphic design cuts on it such that the user is plainly visible to anyone standing outside. Further, the cubicle is not full height. This arrangement is only for those comfortable with their roommates in areas of intimacy. We also disliked that the vanity was essentially situated in the bedroom and not in a discreet space. If one awoke in the night and washed in the sink, the noise of activity and running water awoke the other. Lighting over the vanity was poor.

The balcony is very small. Again, privacy is an issue as the balconies are right beside one another with only a sliver of an outside wall separating them. Our room faced the activity pool. The noise from that area sometimes made sitting on the balcony an unpleasant experience.

Housekeeping was OK. For several days, we had a problem with our room not being cleaned until after 3:00 pm. We complained to the front desk who arranged for it to be cleaned by 10 am. There was the familiar failure to sometimes restock toiletries that we have found in many properties. We left tips for the maid both in the morning and evening for turn down.

The Beach
The beach is deep and long. Palapas are in short supply and we had to get down early in order to secure a spot. It’s a huge disincentive to returning to the resort. Lots of hawkers on the beach but they go away (to return later) if one says no. Beverage butler service was attentive and the margaritas were the best in the hotel. We tipped whenever we were served a drink. There is a concrete trough from the beach to the walk filled with water where one is supposed to clean the sand off one’s feet. There is no disinfectant in the water. It’s like taking a bath with hundreds of others. Yuck! We didn’t use it.

Restaurants
We ate at all 7 restaurants and always tipped. The food ranges from the occasional good dish to vile.
Breakfast at the Market is typical of most AI resorts. We chose to eat outdoors and guests seated there don’t always get the attention given to those inside. There’s a large variety of food and something for everyone. We were able to get espresso there. Our complaint, and it’s a biggie, relates to hygiene. Wait staff don’t wipe off the place mats on the table between guests. Instead, we watched them shake the mat and sometimes turn it over. Theoretically, the same mat could be turned over multiple times never being wiped. This is a recipe for the spread of norovirus. If one guest is carrying the virus and sets down cutlery that has been in their mouths or places a dirty hand on the mat, the next guest is at risk.

Food at Bordeaux was good (duck, steak, seafood soup) but eating there is like eating in a concrete bunker. Our waitperson was excellent, but the hostess inexplicably felt the need to have a conversation with someone right beside our table on her squawking 2 way radio.

Tamarindo The worst Mexican food we’ve had anywhere and the worst margarita. Arroz con leche was good.

Spice- Unbelievably bad. Spring roll was inedible. Peking duck wasn’t Peking duck and the Thai dish, although flavorful, was almost all potato.

Oceana Service was poor. We had a long wait; the wait staff was pathetic and terse. Dishes were simply dropped on the table. The food was OK.

Cin Cin The antipasto bar is a nice touch, but there’s precious little on it. We had one decent pasta dish- the arrabiata. Of all the restaurants, this showed the least imagination in terms of selections and was the most pedestrian. Tiramisu was a gelatinous creation that was inedible. Second most unattractive restaurant on the property.

Castaway With the exception of 1 day, we had our lunch here every day. The food was OK. Service was charming and the view allows one to forgive a lot. Dinner was very enjoyable. Good prime rib.

Coco cafe is an nice idea. We object to the fact that guests may sit on stools at the counter immediately adjacent to open trays of food that they can pick up, breath, cough, and sneeze on. The baristas routinely handle money in the form of tips and then do not wash their hands when preparing food.

The resort knows how to cook a piece of beef. Medium rare was always medium rare. Our only complaint was that the meat often lacked seasoning, including salt.

Overall
Of all the resorts we’ve been to in Mexico, Jamaica, and elsewhere, this resort has the best overall service ethic that we have encountered. The majority of staff is friendly, courteous, and competent. The resort as a whole gives off the impression that it is designed for the guests’ pleasure and that efforts are being made to optimize the experience. There is, in short, a culture of generosity and desire to please.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Fearful
toronto
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This hotel was rated as a five star.It was a beautiful resort but the beach was very difficult to walk on.No one was swimming in the ocean,I found it there was a lot of rip tides which is dangerous to swim in.Most guests stayed around the pools.
I was very disappointed in the food and the wait time at some restaurants was over one hour..
Not a lot of fish on the menu.Certainly not five star in the food choices.
The Market Cafe was pretty good,.Sonia was amazing also the staff could not do enough for you
Entertainment at night needs to be improved.Very amateur.
Too many guests saving lounge chairs with towels then never coming back.
People were getting up at 4:00 and 5:00am to place towels to reserve chairs.
I just moved towels and took the lounge chair.This has to monitored as so many lounge chairs lay empty for hours.
Lots of walking at this resort.Very secluded area.
This is our third visit to Hualtulco.Amazing weather the whole week.
Our room was lovely but the building in front blocks the view of the ocean.
Lovely beds but very uncomfortable pillows.

Room Tip: Try for building five. Swim up rooms are ground floor and we did not see many people using the pool...
1 Thank francesderose
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The drop in sports were excellent, the entertainment team did a great job. Food was perfect. Don't leave your bags on the beach that is just off the resort, we had items stolen from our bags. It looked like we had the beach to ourselves but heard there were people lurking in the bush.
The actual resort was extremely safe. No Spiced Rum or Bud Light as promised, very disappointing. All in all it was a great resort, I would totally recommend it.

Room Tip: swim out rooms were excellent.
2 Thank LovingLife15
Sechu EConcierg... A, General Manager Assistant at Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear guest:

First of all let me thank you for your message and staying at our resort in your past vacations.

Let me assure you that your feedback is very important and that we will take in account your comments; since our mission is to offer the best quality service to our guests.

It has been our pleasure to attend you in Secrets and we hope to see you again.

We wish you a pleasant day and week,

Best regards.