We decided to try a different destination this year and were persuaded by the great reviews that Secrets Huatalco received. We were certainly not disappointed!
This was probably the best arrival experience we have had. Starting with a relatively short bus trip to the resort we were really happy to be whisked quickly through a very efficient arrival and into our room. It's not a big deal but after a fairly long day travelling you are just keen to 'arrive' and spend ten minutes in your room settling in.
Next up was the room. It was fantastic. Very modern, very clean and spacious and it would rival most top end North American boutique hotels. Then you walk through the patios to an absolutely stunning view. This is what you get to wake up to every day, and at least for us, look at as the sun sets (recovering from your day lounging on the beach/at the pool).
Staff were very friendly, food was really good, bar service was great, resort was spotless. There are the usual minor issues (beach vendors a little too frequent, entertainment wasn't our favourite) but this was minor.
The spa is world class! Make sure you treat yourself on your final evening there - it is fantastic to do the hydrotherapy as the sun sets, have your massage and then head off to Oceana for a final meal on the terrace. Perfect.
Other notables was a pretty good gym with a superb view of the resort (it is next to the spa), the Sky Bar for the views and open air, and Sophia who is an incredible asset to the smooth running, friendliness and efficiency of the marketplace café.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The enchanting Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa sits on the Pacific coast in Huatulco - a sustainable tourism destination recognized for its commitment to the local environment. Beautifully secluded on the Conejos Bay, guests at Secrets Huatulco are treated to divine views of golden sand beaches, stunning rock formations and sapphire waters. Exclusive Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities start with limitless gourmet fare and top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge services. While 399 gorgeous suites offer daily refreshed mini-bar, spectacular views, plus a furnished balcony, terrace Jacuzzi, or swim-out pool access. Take part in daily activities and nightly entertainment, or a pampering treatment at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia. Guests can even spend a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience at the nearby Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, to enjoy more fine dining and entertainment. Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa - Enchanting. Secluded. Divine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Secrets Huatulco Hotel Huatulco