We arrived on 9/6/13 and left on 9/13.
My wife and I have been to the Secrets chain before so we kinda knew what to expect. And the Huatulco resort didn't disappoint. From the moment we arrived and were given fresh towels, to the day we checked out and were driven to the airport, everything went great. We dined at each restaurant at least once and were pleased with them all. We gravitated back to the French restaurant several times during our stay because it was so good. Due to low occupancy, there were only two restaurants open a night which didn't really pose a problem since we got around to going to all of them eventually. Just a quick tip to my fellow travelers: the week after Labor Day is the best week to travel anywhere. It was rumored that occupancy of the hotel was at 15%. As far as lunch goes. we ate at Castaways everyday. There is also a buffet available in the main Cafe, but we liked Castaways, great food, great view and good drinks. It's a bit of a walk though. We hit the spa one day and made an entire morning out of it. The pool, the sauna, the hydrotherapy were all included in the spa treatment, which is extra. The hotel has two tennis courts which I enjoyed very much. The resident pro is Victor and kicked my but several times. But get there early as there is no shade and Huatulco is hot. The pool was refreshing and the ocean quite warm, but rough. If you're looking for white sand and blue waters, look elsewhere, this is a bay on the Pacific Ocean. Please don't write in your review that you were disappointed in the beach; do your research. I would definitely go back to Secrets Huatulco as we had a wonderful time and created many memories. I almost forgot to mention the coffee bar CoCo, which has excellent Mochaccino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The enchanting Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa sits on the Pacific coast in Huatulco - a sustainable tourism destination recognized for its commitment to the local environment. Beautifully secluded on the Conejos Bay, guests at Secrets Huatulco are treated to divine views of golden sand beaches, stunning rock formations and sapphire waters. Exclusive Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities start with limitless gourmet fare and top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge services. While 399 gorgeous suites offer daily refreshed mini-bar, spectacular views, plus a furnished balcony, terrace Jacuzzi, or swim-out pool access. Take part in daily activities and nightly entertainment, or a pampering treatment at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia. Guests can even spend a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience at the nearby Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, to enjoy more fine dining and entertainment. Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa - Enchanting. Secluded. Divine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Secrets Huatulco Hotel Huatulco