I'm really late in writing this but I guess better late than never. We stayed at Secrets Huatulco last winter. We took several family members with us, some elderly, some that haven't travelled too much. For the most part the resort was a hit with most of us. (Some people are impossible to please)
There were a few hiccups, but this resort is fairly new and I think was just experiencing a few growing pains. For example, the buffet restaurant was not up to the standards we have come to expect from AM resorts. The ala carte restaurants were really good. Although I expect that they too, will improve in time. Staff was wonderful. Very helpful, especially considering the inexperienced travellers we took with us. Their patience was endless.
Huatulco is my favourite destination in Mexico, it's beautifully warm and sunny and I've always felt safe and welcome there. That being said, there is limited shade at Secrets Huatulco, the way it is situated gives every room an oceanfront view but also full sun exposure. I love the sun so that worked for me but some people need the shade and there is limited umbrellas and beach cabanas. We had a swim out room and it was lovely but it's very hot and again, no shade so we didn't use it in the afternoon at all.
We upgraded to the preferred club and have to say it was NOT worth it. I was surprised by this because we have upgraded at other Secrets and Dreams resorts and have always been happy with it but there was really no benefit to the upgrade at Secrets Huatulco. The preferred club lounge was, quite honestly, a joke, and just not worth the extra cash.
The time share people were annoying but usually would back off with a polite 'No, gracias'.
If you are looking for a relaxing,quiet holiday in a great resort, look no further. Party animals may want to look elsewhere.
Overall, I would absolutely recommend Secrets Huatulco. It's a lovely resort in a lovely location and I'm sure the few problems they do have will be resolved soon. I can't wait to go back.
One other thing I will say is that if you can afford it, give Secrets Maroma Beach a try. Absolutely heavenly. Love love loved it...but you will definitely pay quite a bit more. For the price you pay to go to Secrets Huatulco it really is a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The enchanting Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa sits on the Pacific coast in Huatulco - a sustainable tourism destination recognized for its commitment to the local environment. Beautifully secluded on the Conejos Bay, guests at Secrets Huatulco are treated to divine views of golden sand beaches, stunning rock formations and sapphire waters. Exclusive Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities start with limitless gourmet fare and top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge services. While 399 gorgeous suites offer daily refreshed mini-bar, spectacular views, plus a furnished balcony, terrace Jacuzzi, or swim-out pool access. Take part in daily activities and nightly entertainment, or a pampering treatment at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia. Guests can even spend a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience at the nearby Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, to enjoy more fine dining and entertainment. Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa - Enchanting. Secluded. Divine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Huatulco Hotel Huatulco
- Secrets Huatulco Resort And Spa