Let me tell you all about my experience with Secrets.
Since we knew about the resorts and all the concept, we thought it was a wonderful and very attractive idea.
Over the time, we had the opportunity to stay in some of the Secret resorts and we only confirmed that idea.
For instance, Maroma Secret resort is excellent and fulfills all the promises in the publicity. We have really enjoyed our stays in Maroma.
Having that in mind, we had one free week and decided to visit one of the newest Secret resorts in Mexico….. Secrets Huatulco.
We really regret that decision.
First of all, we thought that because being a Secrets resort, they all share the same standards of service and attention. Nothing more mistaken that that.
Okay, the buiilding and landscape are beautiful……but that ´s it !!!
- We made a reservation asking for a room close to the beach. They gave us the last building and the farest from the beach. The hotel occupation was around 15-20%, so there were plenty of free rooms.
- The reception was really rude and impersonal, never a smile or a warm welcome like the other resorts.
- When we arrived to the room and rested on the bed, we were surprised by a mattress with a hole all over the center. Not only it was impossible to rest, but for sure it would have resulted in a severe back pain.
- We begged three times to change the mattress, at the end they did, but it was not easy to make them do it.
- After that, we learned that half of the services were out because the occupation was low. We can understand that, but what we cannot is that the service and attention were also out.
- The quality and brands of the drinks were considerably lower than in other resorts. When we asked why, they said ….low season. The first day we ordered one drink, by the second night they did not have that drink, we ordered a different one that by the third day was also denied. We really do not drink, only one drink after dinner, but the assortment was everyday poorer.
- Then we went for breakfast. We eat healthy and usually have fruit and oatmeal. The first day we prepared our oatmeal with nuts, almonds, granola, and prunes. By the end of the week they only had oatmeal, they said they ran out of all the other things and they did not know how long it would take to refill these items.
- The attitude of the captain in the breakfast buffet is very bad, when we asked for almond of nuts he said they did not have them. However, one of the girls listened and got some for us. So that means, that the captain found it easier to deny them than to make a little effort and find them.
. Then we go to the beach hoping to have a sandwich or snack. We remembered that in other Secrets at the barefoot grill at the pool they usually have fruit, sushi, shrimp cocktails… in this resort only hot dogs and burgers.
- In every beach resort we have been in our lives, even lower class than Secrets, there is always service of food at the Palapas at the beach. In this NO, only drinks and they say the resort has forbbiden this service.
- The details makes the difference. For example in Maroma they have a wooden path at the beach so you can walk to the palapas without burning your feet.
The sand especially in Huatulco is heavy and super hot, they had nothing to solve this and most of the people burned they feet.
- During the dinners, eventhough they were almost emply because of the low season, the service was superslow and in some moments really bad.
We understand that during low season some things have to be reduced, but if you have fewer customers, the logic says you can pamper a little more.
Please have in mind that these kind of resorts rely sometimes in repetitive customers and recommendations.
We will never recommend or return to Secrets Huatulco, because this particular hotel do not represent a Secrets resort.
On the other hand, I would like to thank three people that outstand all the other employees and that made the extra effort "extra mile" to make our stay a little more confortable:
- Violeta in the breakfast buffet.
- Beto at the dinner restaurants.
- Ivan at the beach and palapa drink service.
The really shine….. thanks to them.
Renato Fernandez Lorenzo and Guadalupe Langarica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The enchanting Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa sits on the Pacific coast in Huatulco - a sustainable tourism destination recognized for its commitment to the local environment. Beautifully secluded on the Conejos Bay, guests at Secrets Huatulco are treated to divine views of golden sand beaches, stunning rock formations and sapphire waters. Exclusive Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities start with limitless gourmet fare and top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge services. While 399 gorgeous suites offer daily refreshed mini-bar, spectacular views, plus a furnished balcony, terrace Jacuzzi, or swim-out pool access. Take part in daily activities and nightly entertainment, or a pampering treatment at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia. Guests can even spend a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience at the nearby Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, to enjoy more fine dining and entertainment. Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa - Enchanting. Secluded. Divine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, HotelPower, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Secrets Huatulco Hotel Huatulco