“A Bad experience”

Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Huatulco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Let me tell you all about my experience with Secrets.

Since we knew about the resorts and all the concept, we thought it was a wonderful and very attractive idea.

Over the time, we had the opportunity to stay in some of the Secret resorts and we only confirmed that idea.

For instance, Maroma Secret resort is excellent and fulfills all the promises in the publicity. We have really enjoyed our stays in Maroma.

Having that in mind, we had one free week and decided to visit one of the newest Secret resorts in Mexico….. Secrets Huatulco.

We really regret that decision.

First of all, we thought that because being a Secrets resort, they all share the same standards of service and attention. Nothing more mistaken that that.

Okay, the buiilding and landscape are beautiful……but that ´s it !!!

- We made a reservation asking for a room close to the beach. They gave us the last building and the farest from the beach. The hotel occupation was around 15-20%, so there were plenty of free rooms.

- The reception was really rude and impersonal, never a smile or a warm welcome like the other resorts.

- When we arrived to the room and rested on the bed, we were surprised by a mattress with a hole all over the center. Not only it was impossible to rest, but for sure it would have resulted in a severe back pain.

- We begged three times to change the mattress, at the end they did, but it was not easy to make them do it.

- After that, we learned that half of the services were out because the occupation was low. We can understand that, but what we cannot is that the service and attention were also out.

- The quality and brands of the drinks were considerably lower than in other resorts. When we asked why, they said ….low season. The first day we ordered one drink, by the second night they did not have that drink, we ordered a different one that by the third day was also denied. We really do not drink, only one drink after dinner, but the assortment was everyday poorer.

- Then we went for breakfast. We eat healthy and usually have fruit and oatmeal. The first day we prepared our oatmeal with nuts, almonds, granola, and prunes. By the end of the week they only had oatmeal, they said they ran out of all the other things and they did not know how long it would take to refill these items.

- The attitude of the captain in the breakfast buffet is very bad, when we asked for almond of nuts he said they did not have them. However, one of the girls listened and got some for us. So that means, that the captain found it easier to deny them than to make a little effort and find them.

. Then we go to the beach hoping to have a sandwich or snack. We remembered that in other Secrets at the barefoot grill at the pool they usually have fruit, sushi, shrimp cocktails… in this resort only hot dogs and burgers.

- In every beach resort we have been in our lives, even lower class than Secrets, there is always service of food at the Palapas at the beach. In this NO, only drinks and they say the resort has forbbiden this service.

- The details makes the difference. For example in Maroma they have a wooden path at the beach so you can walk to the palapas without burning your feet.

The sand especially in Huatulco is heavy and super hot, they had nothing to solve this and most of the people burned they feet.

- During the dinners, eventhough they were almost emply because of the low season, the service was superslow and in some moments really bad.

We understand that during low season some things have to be reduced, but if you have fewer customers, the logic says you can pamper a little more.

Please have in mind that these kind of resorts rely sometimes in repetitive customers and recommendations.

We will never recommend or return to Secrets Huatulco, because this particular hotel do not represent a Secrets resort.

On the other hand, I would like to thank three people that outstand all the other employees and that made the extra effort "extra mile" to make our stay a little more confortable:

- Violeta in the breakfast buffet.

- Beto at the dinner restaurants.

- Ivan at the beach and palapa drink service.

The really shine….. thanks to them.

Renato Fernandez Lorenzo and Guadalupe Langarica

10  Thank Renato L
Write a ReviewReviews (4,360)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I visited Secrets Resorts and Spa in Huatulco June 14-21, 2013. This was my first trip to Mexico. I had started taking Pepto Bismol and probiotics the week before and also during my vacation. I made it through six nights without issue but on the seventh night I awoke with bad stomach pain and threw up pretty violently. I came very close to passing out too. On the bus back to the airport from the hotel, 24 out of 50 people said that they had also been sick.

With that said, I fell in love with the resort the moment I got to my room. The view of the Pacific was absolutely gorgeous. I never came across a single staff member that wasn't friendly and helpful. The pools were all very nice, and room service was always timely. The restaurants had attentive servers and the food in all was tasty.

I particularly enjoyed being able to walk onto the beach and down to the water. Yes, the surf is too rough to swim in but it was nice to feel the hot ocean water on my legs. The sand was scorching hot but flip flops took care of that problem.

The rooms themselves were very nice. I slept soundly every night (except the last). The room was faithfully refreshed and restocked every morning and we made sure to leave tips to say thanks. Previous reviews complained about the bathroom having "frosted glass" but I personally felt it offered sufficient privacy. Wi-Fi service was accessible from our room on the 7th level for both my smartphone and tablet. I used it to Skype home with no problems, as well as check emails and Facebook.

I cannot really comment about the entertainment as we never went out at night except for dinner. I had very little interest in the nightlife as all I wanted to do was sit by the pool and drink during the day. Mission accomplished from that perspective.

Using Apple Vacations in the hotel lobby, we booked the Bay Cruise and enjoyed a day trip on the water with separate stops for snorkeling and lunch. Huatulco is such a beautiful place and Jaime Martinez, a native of the town was our tour guide. He picked us up from the hotel, guided me through equipment rental at the port (I speak no Spanish), gave the beginners snorkeling lessons, and even provided a large life-preserver for the people who couldn't swim to cling to so they could enjoy time in the water too. Later on, he drove us back from the port to the hotel. A very, very nice man and clearly committed to taking care of those with him. I highly recommend this cruise.

This was my dream vacation. I loved the resort and all of the people who served us during the week there. I am sad that it was spoiled at the end though, and am not sure about whether I would stay here again or even return to Mexico. Others had me convinced before the trip that I would be fine, that those who complained were just doing so for the sake of it. I believed it until I also became sick. It's so unfortunate because every day was perfect until the end. And that's why this review is so bittersweet for me.

5  Thank DarrenSTL
Sechu EConcierg... A, General Manager Assistant at Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear DarrenSTL,

We thank you very much for your comments. They are very important for us to improve our quality services.

I read carefully your message and I am really sorry about what you experimented at the end of your stay.

Let me assure you that we are doing the best we can to have our guests in a good healthy condition (in this frame we have certifications regarding food and beverage handling, the company is called Check Safety First (Cristal) - it is the best certification for Food and Beverage in Mexico- and they inspect the property on a continual basis, the quality of the food, temperatures of chambers, frigorific machines, meals and buffet exhibits, expiration dates, as well as how food is handled by us, in fact our last score was 94 over 100 - we always passed the inspections and our Staff has classes constantly-).

Additionally, all our Chefs have logbooks and register temperatures in every restaurant.

Best regards,

Aurelien Pichereau
General Manager Assistant

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our second Secrets resort stay and it was great! We booked through Expedia and it was very simple. We used their round trip shuttle to and from the airport and that made things very simple. There was not a direct flight from DFW to HUX, so we had a 3hr layover in Mexico City.... and that was interesting :) The airport in Huatulco was very, very simple. You exit the aircraft on the tarmac and there is only one baggage claim. Once we made it through, there was a man with our name on a sign, we hopped in the van and 20ish min later pulled up to the resort. We were greeted with the breathtaking view of the private cove! The car ride to the hotel was eye opening, this is by far... the cleanest part of Mexico I have ever been in! Our room was in building 1, 3rd floor (1306) awesome, awesome, awesome view. The Preferred rooms do not have this amazing view as they are on lower floors. If you are not able to walk long distances, you will want to stay on a lower floor/building as it can be quite a hike.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. A little bit of Spanish can go a long way. Unless they have a speaking position, many will not understand a word you say!

The food was average. We did not get sick, but there were others who did. They were not at full capacity so they only had 2 restaurants open at a time each night. They do enforce the dress code here. The Hibachi took foooorever, at least an hr and a half.....

The pool was very spacious.... but absolutely no shade whatsoever. Pack sunscreen and apply every hour, you will regret it if you don't! The only shade are the umbrellas. Thankfully there was under 200 people here and we had an umbrella every day or we wouldn't have been able to stay out very long. I had to cave a buy a hat in the gift shop!

I thought the bed was really hard and I could have used a few more pillows! The shower and bath were fantastic!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor.... I saw nothing that would make me want a Preferred Room!
2  Thank AmyTexas85
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is our 5th trip to Mexico, 2nd to Huatulco, 1st to this property.
We don't look for much other than decent food, some good beverages and sun. We don't care if the place looks a little run down, if service is slow or all the "other" little things that bother so many other travelers. We look to relax and enjoy some beach time. Hard to do that on this past trip, 6/14-6/21 because half of our 6 days was spent in our room being sick. To say we are disappointed puts it mildly and to be honest, we would be hard pressed to do any more traveling to this area, and definitely not this resort.

The resort is newer, around 2.5 yrs old with a great view. The staff was always attentive/helpful when we needed them, especially the room service which we needed for 3 days unfortunately.
Only got to check out 2 of the theme restaurants because of this. Cin Cin and Bordeaux. The food and service at both was good. We would have liked to try Oceana, Spice, Mexican and the Cafe but thats not possible when you need room service for half of your vacation.

Once the illness hit my wife and I, I went to get some Immodium from the resort store, 17.00 USD for 12 pills. OK so they want to gouge a bit, no problem, we should have brought are own. 6 in one day did nothing to stop the problem and then I knew I would need antibiotics at that point. By then others were sick and mentioning it..

To see the Dr. there would be a charge of $150.00 USD just for consultation. NO Credit Cards accepted...Cash only...Medicines were extra of course but the fact that if you needed the DR. at any other time other than days it would be $250.00 was a real rub. I am a healthy person who rarely becomes ill and today Monday 6/24 I am going to my Dr. here because I am still basically chained to a toilet. To tell people its over indulgence while prescribing antibiotics is an insult. I dont know of anything you can over indulge in that requires antibiotics for days or a week except for unsanitary food and water.
The resort was not helpful in dealing with this at the onset but after a few more people started complaining they did call each night to ask us how we were doing and if there was anything they could do? The funny thing is we did ask for what we might be able to buy in town on our own and they said they would get back to us...were still waiting for that call back.
We ended up checking the 'net and took a cab to town buying our own pills ( Ciprofloxacin ) at the pharmacy, 25.00 for 6 which was enough to get us feeling OK but not enough to enjoy the last 2 days..

In the end, 24 out of 40 people on our bus ended up being sick during this trip.
The real kick is that some people save for years to do a trip like this, borrow from ?? or make sacrifices to have a nice time and when this happens you feel like maybe you should have stayed home. I know I can honestly say that I would not recommend this place to anyone. It is the 21st century and they cant get it together here.. why spend your hard earned vacation time and money in a place like this ? You would be rolling the dice on vacationing here..

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view, main floor has swim out pools or outside jacuzzis. Get a room on the s...
9  Thank Ed D
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was our second Secrets resort to stay at, and once again, it did not disappoint. We went from June 13-20, 2013. We booked through cheapcaribbean.com. It was very easy. We also booked our round trip shuttle service to and from the airport through them with a company called Bahias Plus. It was very enjoyable. The driver was knowledgable and friendly and the shuttle was clean and in good condition. When you arrive at the resort, you are greeted by the view of a gorgeous lobby, a cool refreshing towel, and a glass of champagne while you check in. We did have to visit with a representative of the Secrets frequent guest program for about ten minutes who tried to sell us on joining a presentation about the rewards program. After this though, we were never bothered again. The room was immaculate with a gorgeous view of the ocean. This was building 2, floor 3. We recommend staying on the higher floors because the views are better. The room was always well taken care of and the mini bar was always restocked with sodas, beer, and water. We also enjoyed the turndown service every night. The only other desire we could have had for the room would have been a WiFi connection in the room. There is WiFi in the lobby and in many of the main areas, pools included. We also would have liked to keep our balcony door open more often but the humidity and bugs were too much of an issue. This is not Secrets fault. Remember, it is pretty much a jungle around you and this is the climate for the area.

Pools, Beach, and Ocean: All of these are great. We mainly stayed at the pools but enjoyed time on the beach as well. The pools are clean and were not crowded at all when we went. We enjoyed the swim-up bar as well as the Barefoot Bar and Grill. The beach is gorgeous. Very wide, clean, and secluded as Secrets is the only resort on this cove. Only a few vendors come to the beach and we were pretty much left alone. There is a private beach that you can reach by taking a small trail, that is 50 meters or less through the trees. We highly recommend this. It is quite breathtaking, especially since you will be the only one there. It is true that the sand is very hot. It is also more coarse than the Caribbean sand but there are lots of great seashells and coral washed up on the shore. The ocean is typical Pacific roughness but you can swim. It is blue and beautiful and provides lots of good body surfing.

Recreation: We enjoyed using the gym everyday as we are both very fitness-oriented. There was always fresh fruit and water there. It had good cardio equipment, including nice treadmills and a precor stairstepper. There were free weights as well as one multi-station machine. We did not use the spa, but one person we talked to said it was the best massage she ever had. Plus, it looked beautiful. The only excursion we took was to go ATVing in the jungle. This was very fun and adventurous. You will really see a wild jungle! We also really enjoyed the Secrets entertainment staff. They made the experience even more fun with plenty of activities for those who were interested and shows every evening that you could attend if you liked.

Food and Staff: We cannot say enough good things about both of these. Every staff member you come across is polite, friendly, and very eager to help, regardless of what role they serve. For food, we were always pleased. There was always a wide variety to meet all dietary and taste preferences. We enjoy keeping to a very healthy diet and the staff was always more than willing to accommodate this.

Overall, we would rate this experience very highly and would recommend this without hesitation. We hope you get to enjoy a Secrets resort! Even if the Pacific is not for you, their many locations are sure to please you! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor for the best view.
3  Thank T-townMan123
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Haultuc Mexico June 14-21, 2013
Dreams, for those with children, was the older sister resort to Secrets, he adults only resorts. We booked through Apple because of he price but took advantage of an upgrade to Secrets. Secrets is only one and a half years old. The arrival at the airport was interesting. It was the rainy season where the temperature is in the high 80 to mid 90 range with humidity in that same range for a sweltering feeling. But its not really raining during the day. in fact, all the days we were there it didn't rain at all during the day. any way, the arrival did not offer any air ...only fans to herd your flight group's sweating bodies arrival through the process which was easy once you got to the agent.

The Dreams staff offered the upgrade as a discounted process if we would agree to go through their vacation sells presentation the next morning. They offered to pay for our taxi but didn't. They promised to inform Secrets of our anniversary status, but didn't. The wife loves newer facilities so it was worth it to us. The room was a very modern design on the level of the "W" hotel chain in the US....glass frosted partitions for the John, modern furniture. The staff are very, very attentive for the most part. We had excellent service to our room. We tipped and they came back to refresh and turn down the bed several times a day. They kept our little fridge full of an assortment of beer, bottled water and soft drinks. Nancy at the front desk made sure our anniversary was acknowledged with champaign, fruit plate, rose petals on the bed and jacuzzi ... I think she thought it was our honeymoon since that was what the sash they put on our door read..."Honeymooners!" Oh well, after 37 years it was appreciated.

The food was consistently good. Presentation is of chef quality even thou a lot of our meals have been buffet style. Market Cafe had chef stations during breakfast and lunch to cook your eggs, omelets, steaks, fish, Mexican breakfast items and other offerings in addition to the prepared portions in sufficient variety. Mimosas, Bloody Mary's where offered but all forms of drinks were Available. They would make your drinks with all "top shelf" brands if you asked for it. Mescal is made in this area is an acquired taste for some but to me, it is good stuff. Pure vida.

Pesos vs dollar. 10 pesos to 1 dollar is what the street gives while hotels and banks give 12 pesos to 1 buck. You will lose 20% if you don't use pesos so get one or two day's worth at a time if you plan to be off-site on tours. The "city tour" offers a trip to several sites with one including a mescal (agave tequila) tasting stop. It is made in this area using only the agave plant...no sugars or distillates are added like many do with regular tequila. This is really good stuff. Makes Jose Quervo taste like swirl.

At this time of year during the off season, The facility seems to torture you everywhere except your room with little or no air-conditioning. And it is hot and humid there in June. Not every day was sweltering. one day after a early morning rain there was some cloud cover and a breeze that made everything feel wonderful. One entertainment night was the "white party" where you were supposed to dress in white and dance until you drenched your clothes dancing. Only a large ceiling fan offered any circulation. Because of the humidity it takes a while to get your wet things to dry out. But it is a beautiful place. Take your camera because it just seems like a beautiful vista pops up at every turn.

We took a spa treatment that was really a wonderful experience. The hydrotherapy proceeds any massage as a way to help relax the muscles. This was a 12 step process that by itself would have been sufficient but then you get the actual treatment that just tops it off in a way that is reminiscent of the days of King Ahasurerus and the spa treatment of queen Esther.

Spice is the Asian theme restaurant where reservations are required for the cooktop grill but sitting in the "well" is open seating. A few regular tables were there for the physically challenged. . The well is where you are sitting on pillows on the floor with you feet down in the well and you appear to be sitting Japanese style. But getting in and out is for young, agile people. Even the staff had issues of dumping things on the patrons as they had to bend over all the way to give you your meals and drinks. One of the cooks at the grill was flipping his spatula and hit a glass. Glass fragments went flying everywhere...plates, clothes, everywhere. Some wondered if they consumed some of the glass. Another glass was dropped in a woman's lap (Shirley Temple) which broke in the well sending glass fragments between their toes. Yikes! Not to mention covered in sticky syrup. We reserved the cooktop one night and sat by ourselves with Rico the cook who enjoyed himself as much as we did. The usual "volcano" onion stack, flipping the spatula and fork and all the other condiments was what you would expect in a Japanese style cooktop. The manager kept paying strict attention to our every need on June 19th.

They would shut down some of the restaurant offerings for dinner so you had to pick from only a couple places per night. One of those nights was Mexican or Italian as our choices and we took the Italian called Cin Cin. The language barrier was more apparent here. We asked for some olive oil to go with the bread and fresh gated cheese and we asked for some butter as well. What were we to do with bread and grated cheese and no olive oil to mix with the cheese to dip the bread in? The request for butter was met with, "de bat room is dare" as if we asked where the bathroom was. Our request for olive oil was completely ignored by two different wait staff. We picked at our meal and left to watch game six of the NBA finals. I left thinking they did the disappearing act on purpose. Final assessment, skip the Italian place called Cin Cin. But if you are one of those low expectation people, go here and you will not be disappointed.

Desires bar was the place to hang out in the evening. The Stanley Cup playoffs, NBA finals drew a crowd most nights. The dancers from the entertainment portion would come there after they cleaned up from sweating on stage and dance with whoever wanted to get down with them. Great bunch of kids. They would fluctuate from Dreams and Secrets every other night so the entertainment was not consistent. And when it's really warm, you get to the point where you would just like to go back to the comfort of your cool room rather than fight the heat for some made up contrived entertainment. But Eric and his dance troupe were worth braving the heat.

Bordeaux was the French offering. The meal was excellent. Ernesto reminded me of the little head chef in the animated movie Ratatouille but he was very attentive and made that an impressive experience.

The Mexican restaurant actually offered grasshoppers. Yes the insect. Go for it if you are the adventurous type. Apparently eating grasshoppers is likened to eating peanuts...which they say, "Once you go grasshoppers, you will not want peanuts again" I know I will eventually have to eat bugs to survive a world tribulation the likes of which man has not seen before nor will see again. but, I am not practicing for the "great tribulation." I will eat bugs then knowing it is done all over the world and they consider it something special.

We wanted to do Oceana (seafood) one night but this place was open so infrequently we never got do it. But those that did said it was WONDERFUL.

Three days into our trip, the stomach problems started in spite of taking asodolphilous probiotics prior to the trip, Imodium, pepto-bismol, staying away from the fresh veggies and fruit and non-bottled water. Both of us got sick. Anyway. We asked the on site doctor's rep for help and they wanted $150.00 to see the doctor plus the cost of the meds to just talk to us. One patron shelled out $450.00 (150 for the doc and 300 for the meds) because she was violently ill on both ends of the spectrum. Checking with the front desk we found a pharmacy that would deliver a product that was for infections and non-infections of the intestines for $22.00. They even delivered. We took a huge chance because we were sick and the product (Treda tablets) as indicated on the box in Spanish, and we were feeling better that evening but didn't gain 90% recovery we got home. Some, and there were a considerable few, had their doctors prescribe Cyprocin (antibiotic) and they may have fared better. But a notable number were doing the Imodium regimen to ward off the "flushing" syndrome. Those that travel to Mexico on a regular basis may not have to worry. But I suggest you tell your doctor where you are going and get the US controlled prescription and avoid the unknown element of taking a non-regulated med produced in Mexico. It could cost you your kidneys or worse. And the doctor here was primarily interested in gouging the Americans who he knew would pay to fill better...cash only. Hickabod Craine looking goof ball. But he got everybody that paid feeling better. So far we haven't suffered any permanent damage from taking their sulphate-based antibiotic.

Frontier has all leather seats throughout the plane which Apple travel uses for this excursion into Mexico. The trip was 3 - 1/2 hours, all food items are premium items costing a "grip" so pack your own snacks going and coming just to piss them off. When one woman next to us asked how much the gin was, the blonde flight attendant looked completely annoyed by the question and even got further annoyed when she asked for fruit and crackers. I love you women but after 37 years of marriage I have learned to spot a hormonal disposition when I see one. The women on the plane were the ones complaining about her.. She must have heard them and tried to present a better face a bit later. Maybe the Midol kicked in. But she looked like she wanted to fight me when I got up and went to the back to use the restroom. I didn't go into the restroom soon enough for her after having set for 3 hours. She glared at me as I stood there in the back. Maybe I looked suspicious being one of the usual suspects and all.

If you love peaceful, beautiful scenery with easy going, unpopulated areas surrounding you... And good food, sun so hot it will crisp your skin then Haultuco, Mexico should be considered. It is not the usual Cancun-Cozumel fare. No criminal reports or activity to be concerned about here. These people love, respect and protect what they have. And it is something special. Spring-break drunkards need not consider this a destination possibility. Stay in Cancun and leave this for the mature, family oriented travelers.

Room Tip: All the rooms have an excellent view of the ocean... There were no bad views here. The restaurants w...
6  Thank Paul W
Sechu EConcierg... A, General Manager Assistant at Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for your message. We are pleased to know that you liked our service and installations, and we appreciate that you are sharing it through our Trip Advisor account.

We hope you will have the opportunity to come back again to our resort.

Best regards,

Aurelien Pichereau
General Manager Assistant of the Hotel

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Husband and I decided we wanted to go somewhere for a week get-a-way and chose Secrets Resort in Huatulco. The resort is fairly new and I guess the best way to describe is 'Sterile'. The resort just didn't have the warmth we have experienced from past trips to other locations. When we booked this trip, we told our travel agent all we really wanted was a nice ocean view which we could enjoy from our room while having coffee in the morning. She called Apple Vacations to let them know of our requests and it was suggested we upgrade to Junior Suite with Jacuzzi. When we arrived, our room was on the first floor of building 2. The only view we had was of orange tile roofing from the building below. The Jacuzzi was a joke. We have a nice Jacuzzi in our own back yard and the one at Secrets was more like a tiny wading pool. We went to see the concierge who told us he could move us the next day to a standard room on the third floor, but would have to wait for the next day to move. Also told us we would have to sign a paper stating that we would be willing to DOWN GRADE to get a better view and would not receive any compensation or refund back. As you can see from the photos .... the view from the third floor was far superior. Sorry we wasted our money. You can judge for yourself ... which view would you like best? The staff at Secrets work extremely hard, they were only about 29% full .... so the
resort seemed quite empty to us .... in the morning we felt like it was our personalized swimming pool as we were the only ones enjoying the pool and views. Food was good, we enjoyed the restaurants. The beach was very poor, guess I am just spoiled by the Caribbean beaches. Water was too rough so we couldn't enjoy the ocean at the resort.

Anyway, one of the best parts of our trip was our excursion with Pilo Vazquez. We mainly just wanted to go snorkeling, but once out on the water, we caught black fin tuna, saw sea turtles and the dolphins were amazing. They jumped amazingly high right in front of us ... much higher than they jump in captivity. We visited several bays and stopped at one where the restaurant cooked up the black fin tuna and it was very tasty. Our snorkeling adventure with Pilo was awesome. He took photos of us holding several different kinds of puffer fish, starfish & octopus. Even snorkeled into a small cave which was interesting. Pilo explained to us a lot about the history of Huatulco and showed us his concern and passion for the environment and wild life of Huatulco. He saw a bird which had gotten tangled up in fishing line and stuck on a bouy. Pilo carefully
picked up the bird, was able to get it untangled and set it free.
If he hadn't done this the bird would have died. If anyone visiting Huatulco wants to go on a special tour and get to know Huatulco, we would definitely recommend you contacting Pilo Vazquez. We found his website on line along with his email address and wrote to him before our arrival. He met us a few days before we wanted to take the tour to make all the arrangements of everything we wanted to do. Trip was very personalized .... just us and his main concern was to make us happy.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for upgraded room .... see photos.... the best views are the standard rooms on the...
4  Thank Roy S
Secrets Huatulc... R, General Manager at Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Dear, BARBIEB

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude for taking the time to share your feedback experienced during your vacations at Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa.

It is very important for us to receive sincere comments like yours in order to reach our goal; in this frame; Therefore I will give more attention to these important matters, and we'll take the necessary measures to achieve our goal of an excellence service overall.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa where to serve you: ¡It is a pleasure!

Angélica Angón