We were here from 3/7-14 as part of a trip that went in to Oaxaca for a few days. This was our first visit to an all inclusive resort and we likely won't be doing another one on the future.
The grounds, rooms were all very clean and well appointed.
Service overall was good not great.
Unfortunately except for sitting by the pool and drinking all day we didn't find much else to do at the resort or in town. We like our adult beverages as much as the next person but the drink all day atmosphere really made this like a spring break for adults, if that is what you are looking for this would fit but it wasn't for us.
We found the food to be very lacking. Breakfast was ok and lunch in either Cataways or market Place were ok but most of our dinners were average to poor. The meat in this part of Mexico just isn't what we are used to as far as quality and taste and that made most dinners hard to eat.
We were also disappointed in that there really wasn't a good bar area, Sky lounge was ok but odd layout and a main traffic flow area made it less than relaxing.
We envisioned an AI to be somewhat of a cruise on land but found food better on a cruise and more to do.
Talking to many guests many of them liked the resort and the food but we didn't have the same opinion.
WIFI was available but it was spotty and very slow, ok for checking e mail but would be difficult to get any work done if you had that thought.
We did use the laundry service and it was $3-5 per item and they did a good job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The enchanting Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa sits on the Pacific coast in Huatulco - a sustainable tourism destination recognized for its commitment to the local environment. Beautifully secluded on the Conejos Bay, guests at Secrets Huatulco are treated to divine views of golden sand beaches, stunning rock formations and sapphire waters. Exclusive Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities start with limitless gourmet fare and top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge services. While 399 gorgeous suites offer daily refreshed mini-bar, spectacular views, plus a furnished balcony, terrace Jacuzzi, or swim-out pool access. Take part in daily activities and nightly entertainment, or a pampering treatment at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia. Guests can even spend a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience at the nearby Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, to enjoy more fine dining and entertainment. Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa - Enchanting. Secluded. Divine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Huatulco Hotel Huatulco
- Secrets Huatulco Resort And Spa