TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search

Ways to Experience Chiles&Chocolate Cooking Classes
More Info
All reviews street food mole cafe juanita cooking school great class local culture learning how learned how jicama salad great teacher empanadas great morning mexican cooking seafood visiting huatulco huatulco area fruit
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2019

Most of the other attendees at the "Fiesta " class were couples, but I was on my own. I was picked up at my hotel and driven 20 minutes or so through lovely country side to the school. What a lovely location. I was greeted by several laid back dogs and Jane our chef/teacher. She was great! We learned a lot about the culture, food and history in a most enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere. We all made several dishes at our work stations, had a glass of wine and later ate the goodies we made at a table under trees over looking a river. It was glorious! I would certainly recommend this experience to others and hope to go back and take a different class next year. Our taxis came towards the end of the class to pick us up and we all got dropped off at our hotels.

Reviewed March 12, 2019

This was our 4th trip to Huatulco but only our first time at Jane Bauer's Village to Table Dinner. I don't know why we waited so long. No wait.... I do know why; it is because I am such a wimp about trying new foods and I was afraid to go! But we were invited to go with a group and I talked to Jane ahead of time and she assured me that she would not be offended if I didn't eat everything. I am so glad we went. It was amazing. The river setting is lovely and something completely different from the ocean. The 8 course meal was good. There were a couple of things I didn't love, several that were enjoyable and some that were downright delicious. But for me, the actual food was secondary to the fascinating experience of listening to Jane teach us about the history, geography and culture of the place through the local food. She is passionate and extremely knowledgeable - and fun. This is an adventure you will not experience elsewhere. I highly recommend it. Well worth the price.

Reviewed March 9, 2019

After seeing nothing but tourist food for a week, it was refreshing to not only experience native cuisine, but learn how to make it at home. The ingredients are not unique to the area, but many of the preparation techniques are, meaning that this was an experience that could not be duplicated elsewhere. Additionally, I learned cooking techniques that I can use on non-Mexican recipes, making this class worthwhile in every way a cooking class should be.

Reviewed March 3, 2019

This is well worth the money...beautiful setting, super clean kitchen and Jane was a great host/chef. Everything was extremely organized, we met nice people and her super sweet dogs. To eat our creation under the trees overlooking the river was reminiscent of the vineyards in Italy...would definitely do another class with Jane!

Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

A wonderful experience it was cooking with Jane. The classroom is in a beautiful pueblo. The food both authentic but creative and innovative. Jane is a great teacher who knows lots about Mexico, its people, and its cusine. The class was lively and I am excited to try the techniques out at home. The drive to and fro was also beautiful. I would take another class if I was staying in Huatulco area longer.

Date of experience: March 2019