Chiles&Chocolate Cooking Classes

Ways to Experience Chiles&Chocolate Cooking Classes
More Info
All reviews street food mole cooking school great class local culture learning how jicama salad learned how empanadas great teacher seafood visiting huatulco huatulco area santa cruz highlight of our trip shrimp jane
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We have been to Huatulco many times and searched TripAdvisor for something different to do. We were so very pleased to find Jane and Alfredo operating this wonderful operation. We had a blast! Alfredo was so very personable and guided us through what I was certain to be my most unique culinary experience. What I perceived to be a difficult process resulted in a very natural easy cooking style comprising of fresh ingredients available in most every city. My mouth is watering anticipating my next visit with Jane and Alfredo.

Date of experience: May 2012
2  Thank kinggas
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have done two seperate classes with Jane and Alfredo. Last year we took the "street food" class and this year we learned how to make mole. It has become our favorite day of vacation. Always so much fun to learn new recipes and meet new people. We love the hands on approach and love sitting and having a family style meal with the amazing food we made. We love to cook at home and have used the recipes they have given us to make for family and firends, they never disappoint. The added bonus is that Jane is the Fodors of Huatulco. She knows everyone and everything that's going on. She is a great resource to ask about what to do and where to go. This is a must do on your trip to Huatulco!

3  Thank Claire Laister S
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Spent a great morning with Jane and Alfredo. We went as a family to appreciate learning about street food. We were taught by a very patient and relaxed Alfredo about Mexican peppers, salsa and with hands on experience mastered making tacos, tortillas, sopas, etc. My teenagers even enjoyed the experience. The habiscus magarita was the icing on the morning. We have been making salsa and tacos since arriving home. I would also highly recommend this attraction to all 'foodies' visiting Huatulco.

1  Thank KenandMaureen1992
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Spent a great morning with Jane and Alfredo learning about Mexican peppers and learning to make tacos, tortillas, sopas, etc. Teenage boys even enjoyed the experience.
Alfredo is a very relaxed and knowledgeable instructor.
Would highly recommend this attraction to all 'foodies' visiting Huatulco.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I took this class after reading all the positive reviews ... I wasn't disappointed!
The other reviews give plenty of detail so I won't repeat the same information. What a great way to spend a morning learning about local food, how to make it and then enjoying it for lunch. I'll definitely take another class next time we visit the Huatulco area -which can't come too soon for me.