“Amazing Day!”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing Day!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We went on a tour of the bays with Mario today and it was so good I couldn't wait to write a review. Mario is knowledgeable, personable and a great guy! I booked this tour for my family down for my wedding, and we ranged in age from 1-70. All had a great time and I would highly recommend

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Melflex

washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great day in Huatulco!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Mario and his driver picked our motley crew up in the morning to go on our tour to the coffee plantation and to some great little town as well as beautiful San Augustine Bay. We had a wonderful time. We started at an Iguana Sanctuary, paid a few dollars per person to help with upkeep. It was amazing to see all of those Iguanas just chilling together and with a few turtles. The babies were super cute too!

Next stop was a medicine farm. That was really cool also. We learned about local plants and how they can naturally help you with your stomach or headaches. It was great and beautiful. The people that own it, truly nice. At the end, we had fresh made tortillas and cactus with black beans and juice. Super tasty, I had no problem leaving a small tip because of their generosity.

We next tried for the coffee plantation, unfortunately, we were unable to make it. So many heavy rains caused severe mudslides making the road hazardous to drive. We drove as far as we could and pulled over to take some breathtaking pictures of the valley and were rewarded with many butterflies to take pictures of.

After that was a quick stop in Santa Maria for homemade ice cream. Super yummy. Then we stopped at a Mezcal factory and did some tastings (including the dried worms). That was fun and quite informative. Then on our way to the bay. We did have one snag, two of the people in our group weren't feeling well, so Mario negotiated a price a cab driver and they went safely back to the hotel.

We drove down a very bumpy, long and beautiful road to San Augustine Bay. It was worth it. How beautiful. Charlie was open for us and provided us with some beer and a fresh, large parrot fish. Oh man, hands down one of the best meals we had our whole time there. So good. The snorkeling was awesome and the company great. Just a few beach vendors, but they were very nice and left you alone if you told them no thank you. All in all, this trip was so much fun and Mario and his associate were the reason why. I would highly recommend doing a tour with Mario. It is worth your time and money.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank dustined
Berthoud, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Super Mario totally made our trip!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We shared three incredible days with Mario, and he made our experience so much better than it would have been on our own. He knew where to take us, was very knowledgeable about the history and culture and looked after our every need. Mexico is a culture that moves slowly and frequently says no to any request outside the norm... Mario always knew exactly where to push and who to talk to to get the door to open and was very good at greasing the wheels. I will never go to Huatulco without visiting my new friend.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tom K
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A life changing experience...”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went to Huatulco with a few of my closest friends for a private and relaxing 30th birthday. As the birthday boy, I didn't do much in terms of coordinating what the activities were. When my friends told me that we were going to go on a beach tour and go fishing I thought, "sure".

Mario picked us up from our residence on time and with a big smile on his face. From there he took us to the boat where everything was ready to go without issue. From that point on we were in heaven!

On the boat ride to our first beach we saw turtles, manta rays, packs of dolphins and more. From there we snorkeled and saw a beautiful coral reef and in general just got to relax.

After that it was back on the boat where we were lucky enough to catch an amazing Mahi Mahi that wound up being lunch for everyone. Mario took us to another beach where he knew a spot for us to eat the fresh Mahi Mahi, relax in a hammock in the shade and enjoy far too many fresh margaritas.

We were going to do more snorkeling, but we were too relaxed and Mario was totally okay with that. We hung out on a quiet beach in the shade with a few other people that showed up and then took a calm ride back to our starting point.

Throughout the whole trip Mario infused us with local knowledge about the area and about what he does around Huatulco. His stories are icing on the cake for what was an incredible day.

While we were watching some dolphins jump out of the water on the trip back, Mario looked out at them and said something that resonates with me to this day, "we choose to be happy," and I couldn't agree more.

Mario was our guide for just one day, but this was a trip that will last a lifetime. If you have a small group of friends or a family, Mario will take 100% care of you. He is a great guy that knows the area and will do everything he can to accomodate you within reason. He is also an artist and clearly a lover of mexico. He is not just a guide but a tremendous resource, you will love your trip with Mario!!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Matt R
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Two Wonderful Days with Mario!"”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just returned from 9 days in beautiful Huatulco! My husband and I booked two different tours with Mario Cobos on the recommendation of lamarlafongCleveland on TA. One was a Day Tour to the Pochutla Market, Puerto Angel, Zipolite Beach, (nude beach, interesting...), the Natural Cosmetics Factory in Mazunte, and to Finca de Vaqueros (Cowboy Ranch) for an amazing lunch. The other was a Bay Tour visiting several bays, seeing manta rays, sting rays, sea turtles, dolphins, and ending at beautiful San Augustin Bay/Beach for another amazing lunch at Charley's Place. Mario is so knowledgeable, personable, and fun! We really enjoyed our time with him! I was afraid I was wearing him out with all my questions! He graciously answered every one and provided us with so much information about the people, history, the towns, the customs, the schools, the way of life, and even spoke of his own family. He makes it so interesting! He used a very cautious and experienced taxi driver and the same with his boat captain, (Julio), for our bay tour. I felt very safe with Mario. He was always willing to take pictures of us when we asked and when we got home, I realized he had snapped a few pictures of us on the beach at San Augustin that we weren't aware of! What a nice surprise! I am so glad we went with a recommended "local" like Mario than some big tour company! I would highly recommend him!

Visited April 2013