“Excellent Alternative to Cruise Excursions”
Review of Aventura Mundo

Aventura Mundo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a Canadian owned and operated adventure company for holiday visitors to Huatulco. Since 2005 we have run a variety of tours to suit every level of experience. Enjoy a tranquil 1/2 day river float, horseback riding, waterfalls trip, or a full day adrenaline filled white water rafting excursion. Our tours and scooter rentals are safe and fun for everyone! Our internationally certified and bilingual guides will ensure fantastic and safe holiday memories. Come and book direct with us, we are located right across the road from Dreams Hotel.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 2, 2013

What a wonderful way to spend our time in Huatulco. We escaped the crowds of cruise passengers lining up for various bus tours. Even though we disembarked from the cruise ship earlier than we had arranged, our guides were waiting for us and ready to go. The stop at the iguana farm was quick and interesting. The river float was enjoyable and comfortable - our guide was knowledgeable and personable, and we felt safe at all times. The stop for fresh fruit and drinks was refreshing. All in all, a relaxing day, away from the cruise crowds. I absolutely recommend this company.

1  Thank LoriChm
There are newer reviews for Aventura Mundo

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Elderly group but we loved seeing the iguanas, the gentle "float" down the river in tranquil surroundings with lots of birds to be seen.

Stephen and Pepe were great guides!

Tour was very well-priced and well-arranged!

1  Thank nora w
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The rafting excursion along the Copalita River was most enjoyable. we floated leisurely along the river and we soaked up the scenic sights along the shoreline. there were lots of bird sightings and children catching fish by the shore. Our guides, Stephen and Pepe were most attentive and helpful through out the tour. Along the way, it was very thoughtful that our guides served us fresh fruits and drinks. We also liked the visit to the Iguana Farm. Stephen was very knowledgable and gentle with the Iguanas. Afterwards we visited one of the beaches and tasted delicious seafood cooked mexican style. All in all a very memorable experience.
Lucy & Ernie R

1  Thank Lucy R
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Rafting the Copalita River was the best.
Stephan knows his stuff and we had a great time.
I highly recommend this out fitter.
Go for it...you will not be disappointed.
The most fun thing I've ever done in Huatulco...and I've done a lot!!!

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed August 5, 2012

A friend of mine planned a trip to Huatulco in Jan. 2012 with 5 of her friends, including me. Most of us had been rafting before and the rafting trip down the Copalita River with Class III & IV rapids sounded awesome. We decided to go on a Thurs., a couple of days before we left town. The trip started off pretty fun. I was surprised how intense some of the rapids were. There were a lot of rocks and our guide explained that the water levels were getting so low that they probably would have to shut Copalita River trips down in a couple of weeks. He said basically when they aren't having fun anymore (because you're spending half the time getting unstuck) then they call it. Well, I found that interesting because I felt like our guide, Stephan, was not having fun at all. He was very much on edge. I thought it might be because he was nervous about us getting hurt, but he kept telling us about how much experience he had, so...He had made it clear up front that we would need to pay close attention to his instructions and I totally get that - for all of our safety - but if we didn't react immediately to his commands, he would yell at us. A few times he lectured us about paying attention, even though I felt we were all very attentive and understood that it was important to act quickly. There were many times when myself and others in the boat couldn't hear him. You can't get mad at someone for not listening if they can't hear you. I pointed out that I couldn't always hear him and even joked, "Probably because I've been to too many concerts or something, but I'm having trouble hearing you". He said in a snippy tone, "Maybe you could hear if you weren't talking so much". The crazy thing is that I was hardly talking!! One time we were on a quiet flat stretch and we thought we could finally relax and chat for more than 5 seconds and he still was like a dictator. Just took the fun all out of it for me. At one point we all got really quiet after he'd yelled at us so much. I think he actually realized what a jerk he had been and was all like, "Are you guys having fun?!!" in a peppy voice. Yeah...sure. Is this over yet? And then through no fault of Aventura Mundo, things went really bad. We got really stuck sideways on a rock and Stephan was trying his hardest to get us unstuck. By the way, both rafts got stuck many times...That was just the way it was. Stephan had a couple of people in our boat get out and sit on an exposed rock. I was closest to the rock we were stuck on and he told me to stay in the boat. But he started tipping the boat all the way vertical and I couldn't hang on. I ended up slipping out of the boat and couldn't grab on. They had prepared us well for this and said most importantly, turn yourself around so your feet are pointing downstream. I did that just before I started to "ride a rapid" on my bottom. The rocks were barely submerged so each one I hit hurt really bad, but the water was swift enough that it kept dragging me over them and I couldn't avoid them. Once I was at the end of the rapid, Pepe, the other guide, grabbed me. I was really shaken up and he told me to just stay laying on my back in the water and take some deep breaths. It really calmed me down and I was thankful he was so kind. Well, long story short, my flight home was very painful and 7 months later, I am still healing from a very damaged tailbone. I've spend hundreds of dollars and many uncomfortable office visits to try to make my tailbone right again. As I said, I don't blame Adventura Mundo for what happened to me, but I want people to be clear about what kind of trip this is. It is not for the faint of heart and you are taking some big risks. In the end, I am giving them an "average" rating because if it weren't for Stephan (and well, my accident), I really would have enjoyed it. They fed us really yummy food at the end and most of the other guys were really nice.

2  Thank Jaimee D