“A Mixed Experience”

Quinta Real Huatulco
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The hotel is nice and well located. Service and food are good and they were nice enough to upgrade us given we were the only guests in sight that day. However, price is high considering we went in low season and the hotel does not have a gym and the tennis court was dirty. Also with the exception of the digital climate control the room infrastructure is pretty old. But to top it all off at check out they charged an exchange rate of 13.63 MXN/USD when the rate was 12.95 or so. This was completely unwarranted and of course the front desk clerk could only tell us that was the "default" rate in the system.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tpin2013
Gustavo M, Director General at Quinta Real Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. I would like to let you know that we are in the process of installing a basic gym that should be ready soon. We apologize the tennis court was dirty and more than that, that we did not take care of it right away. Unfortunately vegetation is deep in the hotel surroundings and sometimes we can not keep up, but we will work on that with our staff. We will also be renewing part of the rooms furniture and clothes, hopefully you can visit us soon so you can enjoy them.

Unfortunately the exchange rate changes every single day and that is the reason why every day your room rate had variations. I will make sure we send a brief writting about it with each reservation confirmation so that future guests know in advance about this matter.

Receive our warmest regards and do not hesitate to contact me directly for further comments.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My Family And I Enjoyed so much This Luxury Hotel.
The Staff attends And Pamper you as Royalty since the Very First seond you Show Up.
The staff offered us all Cool bottled Water, Refreshing Clean Cool Odorized Towels And ice-cream
While Doing the Check in. Just like at JW Marriott in Cancún, our Favorite Hotel !
Great Luxury Rooms,with High Quality Shampoo and BathRoom Ammeniies importes from England. Beautifull Beach And Swimming Pool with a Great View to one of Huatulco's 7 Beaches.
Expensive but it is worth the money !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jesus E
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Me and my family are in the middle of our stay and everything from our service to our suite has been a 5 star experience. We have stayed in numerous hotels and villas around the world and so far, our experience ranks very high in our top ten list. The setting is quiet and beautiful.The restaurant's food is excellent. Plus the hotel is very close to town with more opportunities for a great culinary experience. Thanks to all the staff at Quinta Real for their personalized attention and always greeting us with a smile.
We are looking forward to the second half of our vacation. More to come soon! HIGHLY recommended

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ACSPR

We really appreciate your comments and we are glad our service is notable. Receive our kind regards.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I spent a few truly memorable days at Quinta Real while exploring various options in Huatulco. This is by far the best resort in Huatulco in my opinion. While we were here in the very low season, the staff were amongst the most attentive that we met in the variety of places that Huatulco has to offer. The staff think of every detail to make you comfortable, from adjusting your beachside hammock to adding a rolled up towel as a pillow on your lounge chair. The drinks are very high quality and the food is simply delicious! We could not get enough of the seared tuna tostadas and tacos al pastor de pescado. The hotel manager, Gustavo, was extremely friendly and accomodating and is definitely there to ensure that the guests have the most pleasant experience possible. Our young girls (and my mother-in-law) loved seeing the feeding of the iguanas - I'm sure that is something they will never forget! A place I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Gustavo M, Director General at Quinta Real Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful family. I´m glad you also met our beautiful Iguanas. We look forward to seeing you next time in Huatulco.

King regards.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went in the low season. The hotel was pretty empty. We got a room with a private pool. The hotel is beatiful.The room is nice but the infrastructure is old. The public pool is beautiful. The beach is small and simple. The staff were helpful. There are many iguanas and beautiful birds around. The restaurant has a good view of the ocean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lau_traveller

Thank you very much for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed the views and the beautiful surroundings. I would like to mention that we have been working on the hotel´s improvements. It would be great if you could give us another opportunity to live the renovated property.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly. gmartinez@quintareal.com

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I spent Christmas at this beautiful hotel. From the moment we arrived (offered fresh coconut ice-cream) until we departed we were treated like honored guests. The staff is truly attentive and will bend over backwards to accommodate any request. The food is wonderful (don't miss the breakfast)! The rooms are very comfortable and were in the process of being updated while we were there. My wife especially enjoyed the magnificent view (and hammock) from the balcony.The pool and beach facilities/service are exemplary. My children (and I) especially enjoyed the daily feeding of the iguanas. The iguanas come out of the trees to feed every afternoon, and will eat right out of your hand. The hotel has a dedicated counter on the beach for arranging kayaks, jet skis and excursions, which we took advantage of. I would recommend the snorkeling excursion through the Seven Bays of Huatulco, which we all really enjoyed. The local towns (Crucecita and Santa Cruz) are a short cab ride away and offer a variety of restaurants and shopping. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Damon D
Gustavo M, Director General at Quinta Real Huatulco, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We are glad we were helpful and that you enjoyed the property. We are definitely working on improving our facilities and every day you can see a difference. We look forward to see you and your family on your next holiday vacation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Having been to Huatulco several times in the past, and to this Hotel, I thought that I knew what to expect. To my suprise, this trip with my adult family was the most relaxing vacation that I have had in many years. The Quinta Real is still the chain that owns the Hotel, but there is all new and very professional management now running it. From the moment we arrived, until we departed, the service was superb. Our room had just been redecorated and a new flat screen TV was installed that same day. The entire hotel was receiving the same updates. The food: Breakfast - fantastic; Lunch at Pool side - excellent; Dinner - very good. The entire facility was clean and the staff could not have been more cordial. Since I love to play golf - there is one course nearby, The Tangolunda, which I played twice. It is an interesting course, but expensive - the good news is that there are plenty of tee times available. The two nearby towns are fun to visit, with a lot of small shops and a few good restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views and privacy.