“Excellent experience at Sotavento diving”
Review of Buceo Sotavento

Buceo Sotavento
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving instruction services also offering advice on the best dive sites in the area.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent experience at Sotavento diving”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hello everyone,
Diving in Huatulco with Hector Lara from the shop “Buceo Sotavento” for this Christmas morning was an excellent experience, the Pacific´s waters where nice and warm and the sun gave us a great tan. We had 2 immersions that morning where we appreciated a very colorful sea life diversity, we event had the chance to enjoy the company of a Carey Turtle about 3 feet wide. If you are enjoying some free time at Huatulco, try scuba diving with Hector, he is a great guy who will get you to the best places for diving and will give you a history lesson for the same price.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Michel K

Boulder, CO
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Dive Master left me...”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The dives were pretty good, no problem with the equipment. I should mention that after losing two inexperienced divers, the dive master instructed me to sit at the bottom alone around 40 feet, while he surfaced to look for him. Obviously, he never should have left me, but even worse, he never came back at all. I waited maybe 3 minutes before deciding this was stupid and surfaced on my own. He was back at the boat with the other divers and acted as if nothing had happened just saying "Good, you're back."

Visited December 2012
6 Thank nrgreen3
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Buceo Sotavento (Sotavento Dive shop) Huatulco, Oaxaca”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Very nice dive with Hector Lera owner of Buceo Sotavento. Very helpful and knows all the best dive areas and best times for each. Highly recommended for diving courses and experienced divers.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank sotaventohuatulco
Ulm
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super experience!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I made 6 dives in Huatulco: 2 nigth-dives and 4 day-dives with an awesome dive-master
The diving team is really friendly and competent
I discovered how to eat under water, to play with octopus (carefully of course :-) ), to help during obster-hunt... you can learn this only in Huatulco!! try it!

Fabien (CMAS 2*, 100 dives)

Visited April 2012
1 Thank le_fabinou
Mexico DF
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“GREAT DIVING HUATULCO”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Diving in Huatulco (15-Jan-2012) was a wonderful experience for the first time diving. Hector Lara helped me to lose the fear tha I had, adding that I do not know to swim. Also the prices are affordable. Sotavento Scuba Diving is highly recommended for those who have not dived, we are afraid and want to dive. I share my images.

Bucear en Bahias de Huatulco(15-Enero-20012) fue una experiencia maravillosa para ser la primera vez que buceo. Hector Lara me ayudo a perder el miedo que tenia, anadirle que no se nadar. Ademas los precios son accesibles, por lo que Buceo Sotavento es altamente recomendable para quienes no hemos buceado, tenemos miedo y deseamos bucear. Les comparto mis imagenes.

Alejandro Espinoza