“Really nice hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
Laval, Canada
“Really nice hotel!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed there from 24th to 31st december 2013. This small hotel is really nice. Super clean room and the most friendly hotel staff i have ever met. Ideal location near some beaches (Playa Santa Cruz and Playa Entraga) and La Crucecitta (downtown).
The only negative is the food. Its good but since its not a large resort, dont expect big buffet with a lot of choices . The best meal is breakfest.
We choosed this hotel base on the reviews from the others travellers and we had a wonderful times/holidays in Huatulco. We loved the place and will go back there for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank BenCaron
AlejandraA605, Director of Sales at Binniguenda All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments, We really do our best effort to make unforgetable the stay of our guest.
We share your comments about the food with the Food and beverage manager, She will take care to make the necesary for improve the menu.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Red Deer
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very nice smaller hotel great staff clean all inclusive. This hotel is 2 blocks from towncentre very safe the hotel checks you out when you leave and checks you in on return to hotel. Food is good service excellent we stayed a week and met lots of people. Have a massage drink a cervasa kick back or walk to the beach 3 blocks away will be back.

Room Tip: get a room poolside
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ralph B
Thank you so much. Binniguenda´s staff do really do the best effort to make unforgetable the stay of all our guest.
As you said The hotel is very safe, it is located in Santa Cruz Bay, in a residencial zone, near to the dock of Cruiseship
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and We hope you can comeback "someday not so faraway"

Warm regards
HAMILTON
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I went for the weather on Pacific side of Mexico. The quiet fishing village is growing fast(new highway), so go enjoy this three story All-inclusive. Always helpful and so polite. Great adventures to, Emerald falls(a walk up into a cool spring waterfalls) and a real coffee plantation. Tip: buy real fresh coffee from the plantation and enjoy coffee at its best. At the hotel, the coffee creamer foil packages were spoiled, the next day they had brand new for me! That was really good service. I am lactose intolerant and could not indulge in all the food. The buffet always had Fresh fruit and salad. I really liked the fish. Entertainment every night. Sunny every day. Thank you, I needed that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ROBERT F
Thank you for your comments, we will take more care of the details as you mentioned of the creamer packages... about the food, we have different kind of milks and our guest can to request to the waiter, hot cakes with milk without lactose

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you can comeback soon

Regards
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

All the other reviews cover most of the pluses and negatives but I loved this gem. I had the most positive, relaxed holiday ever compared to all the other places I have been in Mexico.

The rooms are comfortable and kept spotless. The grounds and pool area are beautiful and spacious. If a leaf falls from a tree, it is swept up within minutes.

The location is within walking distance of many great restaurants if you want something different than the buffet (which is great for breakfast and dinner, but a little bland for lunch).

Some might find the beach a bit small but I always got a chaise-lounge in the sun and a cold beer was always at hand. The locals are polite and respectful and very helpful.

Good advice...learn some basic Spanish before you arrive. This is a genuine Mexican experience and English is rarely spoken fluently... don't come thinking Cancun or Los Cabos...this is genuine Mexico.

There is excellent snorkeling along the rocks especially if you go out past the first point and beyond (save your money and don't do the Bahia snorkeling tours).

The highlight of this gem is the staff. They treat you so well and are so genuine in their attempt to make your days enjoyable. Julian is the best bar tender I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Erica in the main restaurant made me feel like family. Adilad and Evencio were so keen to improve their English that I gifted them with English/Spanish dictionaries.

Jorge, in security, saw me accidentally drop a 500 peso note as I reached for my room card on my way from the bar. He had no idea which room I was in and I disappeared before he could follow me. I don't know how he or front desk staff figured out who I was or what room I was in, but as I opened the door the phone rang and front desk informed me I had lost something. I said I would attend the front desk and Alejandra (forgive me if I got that wrong) said that security was on their way to my room. I hadn't put the phone down when there was a knock on my door. I was presented with the 500 peso note. I tried to give Jorge a token of my appreciation for his vigilance and honesty. He said it was his duty to provide such a service and only with the manager's permission, would he accept a financial reward. Where else do you get that? Exceptional. The staff make this place so special.
I was sad to leave but I shall return regularly.
Oh, the troupe of five entertainers and the DJ/sound/light guy were fabulous. They put on such great evening shows and for a small venue they gave big show value. A special bravo to them.

Ian
Burnaby, BC

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. They are all quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Ian C
Bilthoven
Reviewed January 1, 2014

From december 15e till december 22e 2013 we had a wonderfull time in this hotel. Because it is not a big hotel, the service was exellent. Nice and friendly staf make us a great week. The room was perfect and also the food. Make a reservation at the Greek restaurant at saturday, delicious Italian food! And go also to the evening-show of the animation-team, great show we saw that week! It is also only 5 minutes from the centre and beach of Huatulco were it was so clean, we saw that never before in Mexico. We also advice you to go to La Crucecita, a nice village on 20 minutes walking or by taxi in 5 minutes. There are a lot of shops and restaurants.
We enjoy this Huatulco a lot also because the hotel is in a quiet place but stil direct in the neighbourhood of the beach and shops!

Room Tip: Take a room at the poolsite of the hotel, it is very quiet in the night!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank henkio
Chicago
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I stayed at the Binniguenda Hotel from Dec. 21-28, and it was simply wonderful! The hotel only has about 80 rooms, which gives you the chance to get to know other guests as well as the terrific hotel staff.

The staff at this hotel are excellent! They really go above and beyond and always with a smile. Knowing some Spanish would be helpful, but not essential. It was clear that the priority at this hotel is customer satisfaction!

The hotel grounds are maintained beautifully and the rooms are lovely as well (recently renovated). The rooms were spotless as was the entire hotel. The pool is great, and they have a separate area for small children to play and swim as well. This hotel is not located on the beach, but it is a short walk away or you can take the very convenient shuttle to and from the beach (less than 5mins). They have beach chairs, tables and umbrellas set up in a private section at the beach as well as a small bar and some snacks. Both the pool and the beach area were very nice and not crowded. I've stayed at a lot of resorts where reserving pool/beach chairs by 6am was a must. This was not the case here. Plenty of chairs and shade for everyone!

The food was good overall. Breakfast was delicious! A variety of fresh fruit, hot breakfast items, juice, coffee and tea were offered as well as an omelette and quesadilla station. We got eggs to order with quesadillas every morning-delicious! Lunch was pretty basic, but we were usually too full from breakfast to even care. If not, we would just eat a small snack (there was always something that we could find to eat). The dinner buffets were a little hit or miss. The Mexican food nights were amazing....so delicious! The international food nights were average and the Asian food night warrants reservations at a local restaurant.

Each evening after dinner there was a fantastic dance show! The themes varied from disco to Vegas to traditional dancing from the different regions in Mexico. All the shows were wonderful with some being exceptional. We really looked forward to them each and every night!

For a small hotel, it is very complete with the amenities offered. They have a small gym, ping pong table and small basketball court. There are reasonably priced spa services offered as well. My mom got a hot stone massage in their outdoor tent near the pool and loved it! If you prefer an actual spa, they will provide transportation to and from the hotel to their spa. We talked to a couple who got a couple's massage there and really enjoyed it.

If you are looking for a sprawling 5 star resort with half a dozen restaurants, this is definitely not the place for you. If you are looking for a more intimate, relaxing experience at a tranquil hotel with wonderful staff, this is it! We cannot wait to return!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tulip579
AlejandraA605, Director of Sales at Binniguenda All Inclusive, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments, We really want all of you enjoy their stay in Binniguenda and come back always as you can
We will keep trying to offer the best of ourselves for all our guest
the best wishes for 2014
Warm Regards
Almonte, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We did this trip as a family of five. We wanted a place with lots to do and where we could be close to a town and have an authentic experience. We were not disappointed. It was everything we had hoped it would be. From the hotel we walked to the beach and to the surrounding restaruants. We walked to and from La Crucecita a few times, took taxis to other local beaches. Hurricane divers was great. Fantastic lunch and good diving and snorkelling. We went with Arturo Martinez to the coffee plantation area of Pluma Higalgo. It was a very good tour, lots of information and a comfortable air conditioned ride.
Hotel Binniguenda was a fantastic place to stay. The staff were very friendly and the rooms always cleaned and tidied up. The food was good and we also ate out a few times in Santa Cruz and La Crucecita, where there are lots of good restaraunts.

Room Tip: All rooms would be quiet. Choose an upper floor room so you can leave your patio door open in the ev...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family