“Nice place, good location”

Binniguenda All Inclusive
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
Edmonton, Canada
“Nice place, good location”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Nicely finished resort, including our room. The staff are as excellent. We had mixed reviews about the meal selections however there were some excellent choices. Given the low number of travellers during our stay, we felt it may have been easier for the hotel to offer a menu rather than the usual buffet. We were disappointed that the al-a-cart was only offered 2 nights during our stay, and we had to buddy up with someone else in order to attend both nights. We were also a bit disappointed that there was no fridge in the room, but it proved to be a non-issue. We felt the location of the Binniguenda was excellent. The Best snorkel beach (La Entrega ) was only a 50 peso ride away, and a walk to the Santa Cruz marina took about 10 minutes, with a number of shops along the way, as well as a bank, liquor store and restaurants. We felt very safe, but were warned to keep a distance from a few shop owners down at the marina. The hotel also utilizes a security bus to the marina, where the hotel has a beach section, beverages and daily food included. The hotel security staff were very diligent and tracked everyone coming and going. This is the hotel for you if like a smaller , quiet resort with good access to the marina.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Rustyvin
AlejandraA605, Director of Sales at Binniguenda All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments.. we are working on in the details you mentioned about the restaurant a la cart and meals
Regards from Binniguenda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at the Binniguenda from April 9th -16th and all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!
There are many great things about this place but the best part has to be the staff. They are the friendliest and most accommodating people I have ever dealt with on any of my vacations. Our bartender Julian was fantastic!!
The rooms were extremely clean and had good beds, good showers, an in room safe and excellent air conditioning.
The pool area was our favorite part of the property and was absolutely meticulous!! The loungers are in excellent shape and there was never an issue finding one.
The food at the resort was also good with breakfast being our favorite meal of the day.
The entertainment crew is also fantastic!! They work very hard at what they do and it shows. The Vegas show was outstanding!!
We will definitely go back to Huatulco and without a doubt will stay at the Binniguenda again!!
p.s. – The staff here work so hard to impress so please tip them accordingly!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Dean W
AlejandraA605, Director of Sales at Binniguenda All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, its so nice, people note our effort to give a service of quality. I hope you can come again, we will be waiting for you
Warm regards
Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed for a week in March. The bus was late and didn't have any beer. Check in was ok. Rooms were great and we got what we requested. Beds were soft, pillows not great. Balcony is very small. Pool area not too big but was fine for the few people that were there. If the hotel was ever filled to capacity this area could become conjested. The staff were excellent and very happy. The food was alright, breakfast was the best, dinner and supper not a lot of variety. The desserts were very good. Walked to the beach a couple times, nice walk not too far. Had trouble with card reader on door, maintenance guy was there right now and fixed it.
Be sure to lock your jewelry in the safe as some of ours went missing from a makeup bag on the bathroom vanity second last day. Follow up from management would have been appreciated. Kind of put a damper on the trip.
Wifi was awesome even by the pool. The whole place was very very clean. I think the best part of our stay was that there were no loud party people.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank TRBNNR
West Hawk Lake, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I LOVED this hotel. We booked last minute because we wanted to get down to check out other resorts in the area to host our wedding in 2014. Our travel agent told us to check our dreams and a couple other larger resorts for next year and we decided to have our wedding at the binniguenda next year instead of the "fancier" larger resorts.
We traveled my fiance, myself and our 15 month old daughter.
ALL the staff were great with our daughter. The all would greet her and play with her, front desk staff, cleaning staff, cooks, bartenders everyone was amazing.
Sylvia at the front desk is the most helpful and caring person.
Whatever we needed she helped us the best she could, even when her shift was finished.
The food was great, rooms were very very clean. The entire resort was very very clean! Resort was walking distance to local shops. Beach was great, shuttle ride was less than a minute and we never had to wait.
Cant say enough good things. We will be returning next year and the next and the next. Cant wait to get back :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Laura T
sask
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The others have said it all,a great resort .Small and quiet. Beautiful grounds with room to wander.Great staff.Loved the Wifi in room.Breakfast was good ,the other meals were poor -one dinner there was only bread that was palatable. Recommend.bring your own pillow .We felt very safe there.People on and off resort were friendly.It is not on the beach which was not an issue for us.A taxi ride to downtown or a short walk from resort to markets.There are several tours available.We booked them through Sun Wing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Peg M
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Wow! Glad we trusted the trip advisor reviews... From the moment we arrived at the Binniguenda we knew this was going to be an awesome vacation! Especially for the price we paid. The place was immaculate. Every nook and cranny was kept perfect!

The pool area as one previous review states really is an "oasis". The chairs are super comfortable and you never had to play the "save a chair race". The first night we arrived it was only us and a few other couples at the buffet. The food was terrific. The servers at the buffet were outstanding. The omlet lady spoke great english and made an awesome over easy egg and quesadillas! The Italian ala carte is open Friday and Saturday for 2 sittings 7:30pm and 9:30pm and the food and service are excellent!

The bartenders (especially Oscar and Juilian) kept your drink full at all times. I took my water bottle and they filled it with ice and water. They would even insist on picking it up at my pool chair and bringing it back to me. However bottled water was not an issue all you had to do was ask.

The entertainment staff make sure you feel welcome as well. Stopping by your chair everyday to have a chat or bring you a snack.

The rooms were very clean. The air conditioning worked the entire time didn't miss a beat! The shower was nice and big. Beds very comfortable. Free valuables safe. Free WiFi.

We met lots of Canadians and had a blast! We will definately try to get back there. The weather is HOT!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank TammyandTony
Carstairs, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Before I booked our trip to Huatulco I read many reviews on all the hotels and I was captivated by the reviews of the Binniguenda. I must say that it was a better experience than I first anticipated and my Husband and I were very pleasantly surprised! I am not even sure where to start but here goes ....
The Hotel was Immaculate!! The grounds were beatuiful and very well kept. The rooms were very clean, the bed was very comfy and the linen was nice. The AC worked perfect which was great for sleeping. The pool was awesome, always refreshing and clean. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. We arrived late so I could not appreciate the true beauty until the morning and we were not disappointed! The hotel is not on the beach but there is a nice little Beach Club and it is only a 2 minute shuttle ride or about a 7 minute walk for the adventurous. The staff was always very friendly and they went out of their way to make sure you were taken care of and I loved that! I got many spanish lessons which of course I can't remember all of what I learned. Big Kudos goes out to the entertainment staff ... thank you for the wonderful entertainment. The shows were "Top Notch" for a small resort and we were very impressed!! The drinks and the drink service was excellent and thank you to the Bartenders Oscar and Julien!
I am a very picky person when it comes to food and I thought the food was good. Most of it was very authentic and I didn't try it all but what I did eat was very good! Breakfast was always good, the staff learned our names the first morning and I enjoyed the daily interaction with them, lots of fun!
I only have 4 very small complaints and they are so trivial I didn't even want to mention but It may be helpful to others. The pillows were not very comfy for me or my hubby but not a deal breaker. Also, I left my sunscreen on my lounger while I enjoyed the pool and it disappeared. I am just glad they left my camera, thank you! That happened on the weekend when the resort filled up, so just keep an eye on your stuff. The showers are great however, the fluctating water temperatures were a pain at times, literally! The hotel provides free Wifi, which was great but it didn't always work from your room. But also was not a deal breaker because I used it most of the time in the lobby or by the pool.
Overall, we had a Excellent time at the Binniguenda and will definitely be going back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple