Athough we loved the resort, food was great, beautiful beach and wonderful staff, I came home covered in bites. My husband only had a few but I had well over 30 bites.
I couldn't figure out why I keep getting bites. I didn't see or feel any bugs bitting me during the day but everyday I was getting more and more bites. Very itchy with a hard white bump in the center. I was told by another traveller (after we got home) who also stayed at the Gala, that they were spraying for budbugs in the resort and that is when I clued into what my bites were. I am still concerned that we may have brought them home with us. I washed all of our clothes and have put our suitcases outside. It is 6 weeks later and I still have some of the bites although no new ones. It is so creepy to think about being bitten while you are sleeping. I have heard that there is a real problem in many areas with bedbugs. Not to impressed with the whole experience. Put a real sour end on an otherwise wonderful vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular resort offering 421 luxurious rooms and suites, 6 shimmering outdoor pools, 6 restaurants and 6 bars, SPA & fitness center and endless activities for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Huatulco Hotel Huatulco
- Dreams Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Dreams Hotel Huatulco
- Gala Huatulco
- Gala Beach Resort Huatulco
- Gala Resort Huatulco Mexico