We have stayed at the big 3 in Huatulca and the Dreams was our favorite. Huatulco is a beautiful location with a very rugged landscape. We have gone to Huatulco 3 times because we love the location, the people and the incredible weather. Our first 2 trips we never saw a cloud but his last trip we did get some clouds one day but it was still very warm and enjoyable.
Almost everything is just a little better at the Dreams. The service at all the hotels in Huatulco has been good but at the Dreams they have more staff so the service is just a little better and more personal. The rooms are the most modern and the most comfortable. The beds at the Dreams are wonderful and we had no problems waking up rested and ready for another day in paradise.
The food at the Dreams was again a step up from the others and quite good. We ate in all of the a la carte restraunts and liked them all. It was nice to not have to decide 10 minutes after arriving where you wanted to eat for the week. The Dreams does not limit the number of sit down meals and no reservations are required.
The only area where Dreams was not number one with us was the hotel grounds. There are very few trees on the property and large areas of concrete. The concrete works well for setting up for the outside activities and special meals but it looks a little sterile.
One of the highlights of our trip was going on a 7 bay snorkeling trip with Elias Vasques on his boat the Texana. Elias brought his son Daniel with him and they took us were we wanted and snorkeled as long as we wanted. They came in the water with us and gave us a personal guided tour. We saw whales on the way out along with many jumping manta rays. Elias and Daniel dove down and caught fish for us to see up close and then let them go. We also went on one of the large 7 bay tours but it paled in comparison to the trip with Elias.
We will definitely be back to Huatulco and would go to any of the big three resorts, Las Brisas, Barcelo or the Dreams but if the prices were close we would absolutely pick the Dreams first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular resort offering 421 luxurious rooms and suites, 6 shimmering outdoor pools, 6 restaurants and 6 bars, SPA & fitness center and endless activities for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Huatulco Hotel Huatulco
- Dreams Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Dreams Hotel Huatulco
- Gala Huatulco
- Gala Beach Resort Huatulco
- Gala Resort Huatulco Mexico