My wife and I (and another couple) just got back from our vacation at the Gala Resort in Huatulco. GREAT time, loved the weather and loved the resort. Actually, the Gala is the best resort on the strip (right beside the Barcelo). We've seen more exquite resorts at other vacation spots that some would rate the Gala as 4 stars but, as for the service and cleanliness, it warrants the 5 stars.
The weather is always around 32C (90F) and NO RAIN! The staff at the GALA are great; very helpful and accommodating. On our arrival at the resort (1:00 am) we were greeted by our rep (Sylvie) in a big reception room with beer, various drinks & sandwiches. All the rooms and keys were ready on arrival. NO WAITING! We found them very organised! The rooms are big and exceptionally clean. If you can book ahead of time and wish to "upgrade", we recommend getting the corner suites with the jacuzzis if they're available... however, how much time does one spend there anyhow?
The buffet food is quite good...(trust me, you'll never go hungry) with a different theme every night. As for the "a la carte" restaurants, the Italian stood out the most and the Mexican was a close second. However, we were not fussy with the Meditarranean one. The nice thing here, is, that you can go more than once to the "a la carte" restaurants. The drinks are NOT watered down as some people believe; they offer most international brands at no extra cost. Their brand of beer "Negra Modello" is dark beer but very tasty.
The nightly entertainment is not "Las Vegas" calibre but they were entertaining.
By the way, we found that most of the Gala employees speak English very well. Just goes to show how hard the resort goes the extra mile to accommodate its customers.
The beach has coarse sand but it's clean and free of debris. It gets very hot at mid-day...but the ocean water is warm and there are loads of fish. GREAT for snorkeling. The pools are cleaned every morning and checked regularly during the day.
We encourage travellers to take the Catamaran Tour with Signature as well as the "real Mexico" tour. For about $60US each, it's well worth the experience. Also take day trips to La Crucecita Village by taxi for $2.50US... great spot for shopping and eating at the restaurants and bars. We favoured SR Cactus... awesome steaks and lobsters.
We cannot say enough about the Gala staff and our Signature Rep (Sylvie). They certainly made our stay that much more enjoyable. We certainly will be booking another trip there in the future. If you're planning to go, don't hesitate...you won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular resort offering 421 luxurious rooms and suites, 6 shimmering outdoor pools, 6 restaurants and 6 bars, SPA & fitness center and endless activities for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Huatulco Hotel Huatulco
- Dreams Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Dreams Hotel Huatulco
- Gala Huatulco
- Gala Beach Resort Huatulco
- Gala Resort Huatulco Mexico