“Last time at Dreams”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Calgary, Canada
“Last time at Dreams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have been fond of Dreams for consistency of service and child care opportunity. Huatulco have been favourite for natural beauty of the place. But this trip, I am sure, would be my last in all of Dreams/Secrets chain. Service is terrible, food- boring, English- hardly understood by staff here. Not only there is no extra steps made to accommodate customers- there is no way to receive what has been paid for. Preferred club- no longer paid for perks or luxuries delivered at all. Air conditioner in the room- notice but no cooling air. Internet- such an unreliable bandwidth that only at the office you can hope to get on the internet or your inbox. Coco cafe that offered tasty goodies before- stale pastries only. Schedule of activities- only on paper. Stuff is too uninterested to deliver. And alcohol- that's funny- you can have few drinks but no buzz- all liquor is diluted, all tequila or vodka- taste same no matter how expensive a bottle label is. Dreams management! You have lost a loyal customer!!! Shame on you!!!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere. Don't bother with any Dreams or Secrets place. They are in business to save mone...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank M A
Fernando R, Manager at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Huatulco. Thank you very much for sending along your feedback, as we take all comments written through this forum very serious as part of our improvement process to provide all our guests the best quality service possible. It is very disappointing to know that we were not able to fulfill your expectation. Rest assured this has been revised with the management in order to be improved and prevent any further occurrence.

We apologize again this was the outcome of your vacation; please know it was never our intention. Nevertheless, we hope to be able to welcome you to be able to serve you and turn this experience around and regain your trust in the Dreams Huatulco. For further comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have an excellent day!
Rooms Division Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

My family and I stayed here Jan.28-Feb.4 of this year. We really enjoyed it here! This is a great resort that has nice rooms, great beach; great pools and food. Most of the other reviews go into more details with this but I wanted to point out some other points that I hadn’t read before I went. This resort does get loud at night with the entertainment in the lobby bar. It didn’t ruin our holiday but it is something to be aware of. We were there with a group of 12 people and found it hard to get even 8 chairs together at the beach or by the pools. We were disappointed to find that the Eurobungee was no longer there as it was something we were looking forward to trying out. The morning buffets were awesome!! I miss the quiche! My children (ages 3 and 5) loved the kids part of the buffet with the lower counters and kid friendly food. I loved that there were beach/pool towels everywhere and that you didn’t have to keep exchanging them every day or have to worry about towel cards that you find at other resorts. The kids club was really great. My daughters loved going there and they made friends and lots of great crafts. The ladies that work there are really good. I loved the fact that you could make a reservation with the kids club to watch the children during supper so we could go for a nice a la carte. The movies at night were awesome! It was really neat to be able to sit there at night by the pool and watch a movie. This resort is easy to get around as it would only take about 5 minutes to get from one side to the other. I also really appreciated the activity sheets that would be left under our doors for the next day so you always knew where the activities were and at what time. We took advantage of the photography session. The pictures were a little pricey but they are really great pictures. If you walk across the street from the Dreams you can go to a few little shops. There aren’t lots to choose from, but enough for a nice little souvenir. The night shows were at a perfect time and lasted only 45 minutes which is perfect at the end of a wonderful day in the sun. I do wish that they had a Mariachi band come to this resort at least once during a week. My dad and I were really looking forward to seeing a Mariachi band but did not get a chance here. This resort isn’t fancy but it is really good. I loved that they offered free WIFI and long distance calls home to Canada. It was easy to talk to the staff and service was very good. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Amanda L
Fernando R, Manager at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Huatulco. We appreciate you have taken the time to share your feedback and comments; we take very serious every review received through this forum as this helps us identify the areas of improvement, in order to provide excellent service to all our guests.

We look forward to be able to welcome you home hopping you give us the opportunity to serve you once again in a near future.

Have a great day!

Rooms División Manager
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Grandma, Mom, Dad, two teenagers, stayed at the hotel the last week of March. What a great place. The food was very good. We always were able to find something for each of us to enjoy. Our rooms were very nice and the fridge was stocked every day. They cleaned the rooms twice a day and the beds were so comfortable. The place is spotless and the workers go out of there way to help you in any way they can. Grandma enjoyed breakfast, aerobics and bingo. Mom and Dad loved chilling out by the pool. The kids spent a lot of time in the ocean.
The day before we left we rented a boat and did the seven bay tour. It was the highlight of the trip. Our guide was Marcos. We saw dolphins, whales and went snorkeling. He took Grandma's hand and she snorkeled for the first time at 72 yrs. old. It was amazing! My granddaughter got a stuffed turtle at the gift shop and named him Marcos. Would recommend the Dreams to everyone, such a lovely place!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary Ann M
Fernando R, Manager at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest

Greetings from Dreams Huatulco. Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We are happy that you had a great time with us and that you had enjoyed the amenities from the resorts.

Once again thank you for choosing us. And we hope to have the opportunity to serve very soon.

Have an excellent day.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I recently stayed here for a week with my wife, 11 month old son and Mother and Father-in-law. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed our stay, but dreams did leave a few things to be desired.

Building and grounds: Both were very nice and well maintained. Everything was kept clean and organized. The landscaping was nice and the property has a beautiful view of the ocean. The beach was kept clean and raked.

Our room: My wife and I had a king bed and a crib for our son. I'd call the room itself pretty average, but it did have a balcony with an awesome ocean view, and a nice modern bathroom.

Service: Overall the service was pretty good. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful. There was some occasional inconsistencies with the room cleaning, and mini fridge re-stocking. Some days we got the snacks refilled, some days we didn't. My in-laws had the same problem in their room. Also at the restaurants we had to ask many times for things such as drinks or a high chair before getting them. Once again, overall it was good, there were just small annoyances.

Food: This is where they lose stars. The food for the most part was down right terrible. I've had better in dorm room cafeterias. I'm not a picky eater or a food snob, but this was just not good. My in-laws stayed here one year ago and said there was a major drop off in the food quality from their last stay.

Other: Our first night there, they made a big deal about celebrating the Earth Hour where they turn the power out for one hour around 8pm or so in the entire resort. My wife was freaking out because it was our first night there with our son who is a fussy sleeper. So we put him to bed, went to bed ourselves, then laid there for the first half of the night listening to the "Earth Hour celebration" outside our balcony, hearing what kept sounding like countdowns to lights out. But, they never actually cut the power after making a big deal all day, and even slipping notices under all the hotel room doors to prepare the guests. So, I'm not really complaining about it, it was just strange.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike M
Dear Guest

Greetings from the sunny Dreams Huatulco. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with others. we try harder every single day to make sure all our guests enjoy their stay with us. that is why your comments are very important to us.

Once again thank you for choosing us. And we hope to have the opportunity to serve you in a near future in your home away from home.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We spent a week in Dreams Huatulco in the beginning of April. Very clean resort with a great beach. The resort offered everything we needed: great accommodation, spectacular views, and amazing service everywhere in the resort. We would definitely be back

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank vakantsia
Fernando R, Manager at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Guest

Once again thank you for choosing us. And we hope to have the opportunity to serve very soon in your home away from home.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

On 2 separate occasions, evening clothing was stolen from my room. When I complained, manager Fernanco Ramirez yelled and spoke to me in a very condescending way. I felt like I was the criminal. Still stunned.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Tracey M
Dear Guest

Receive a warm hug from Dreams Huatulco. We would like to thank you for choosing us to spend your vacation in Dreams Huatulco and for taking the time to share your experience
We are so sad to read that we could not met your expectations regarding your missing items, we did all the investigation regarding your reports of the missing clothing we no positive results, Your comments are very important to us because they help us improve the service we offer, Believe me,it was a great honor taking care of your family as you said in our conversation that they were having a lot fun, hopping you can give you the opportunity to change your expectations and show you again that we are a company where our commitment is to provide unforgettable experience.

Have a great day!
st louis, mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed at Dreams Mar 28 to Apr 4 ands loved it. As said many times the beach is wonderful. Our room had a partial ocean view, but we could see it all. the only problem we had with the room is the air could have been a little cooler. room 2211 Housekeeping did a wonderful job everyday.
Food was good. The only thing I could suggest is make the buffet larger. It is relatively small for the size of the resort. It makes for a limited selection of different foods. I was disappointed that they didn't have the fresh hard crust breads that we have found at other Mexican resorts. Service was excellent.
People say the Mexican visitors get special treatment, I don't completely agree. The get more attention, yes, but that is because the staff can communicate with them.
WE will be returning to this resort in the future.
Had no trouble with chairs on the beach. We sat below the Barracuda bar. This is the best bar on the resort. The gu that work there are very friendly and hard working. Be sure and try Prospero's mudslide, he makes the best. Tell him the lady with the candy said Hi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bkpwags
Dear Guest

Greetings from Dreams Huatulco. Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our resort. We are happy to read that our staff did a great job on your stay, we are more than happy because over all you had a great vacation. Concerning your comments about the crust breads, we are addressing this suggestion to our food and beverage manager to work it out, we do take seriously our guest comments and suggestion because all we do is for our guests.

Hope to have back very soon in your home away from home.