“Love the Dreams for the 2nd year in a row”

Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Edmonton
“Love the Dreams for the 2nd year in a row”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

it was so great to go back to Huatulco, Everything was very good the food the weather is
always good the people are so nice ,I think it's the best place in Mexico this was our 3rd time to Huatulco and we have good friends there ,If you plan on doing any kind of tours Please see our friend Pilo on the beach he will give you the best price and the service is better than anywhere else here is his web ( pilovazquez.com ) we have known Pilo for 3 years since our first trip he is more than just a tour gide he is good friend now
we are going back in November again can't wait

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank twylalenny
Fernando R, Manager at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Greetings from the sunny Dreams Huatulco. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy to read that you will come back. we will be very happy to have again in your home away from home.

Once again thank you for choosing us.

Have an excellent day!
Fernando Ramirez
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Beach - clean and swimmable
Hotel - very clean and access to areas such as dinning pools beach easy and fast
Staff - very friendly and plentiful
Pools - three infinity pools over looking gorgeous views
Negative comments- look at other reviews, I don't have any
Returning next year
Ciao.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Francesco C
Dear Guest

Greetings from the sunny Dreams Huatulco. Thank you for taking the time to post your review, We hope to have the opportunity to serve you very soon here in your home away from home. Waiting fro you next year to welcome you once again.

Have an excellent day!
Fernando Ramirez
Rooms Division Manager
Toronto
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am a travel agent. I'm also going to tell you that I'm biased and Mexico is not one of my favourite destinations to send my clients and service is the biggest reason.

I need to rethink this idea because the staff at Dreams Huatulco treated my VIP clients with the utmost care and considerations.

These clients do a lot of business with me for their yearly vacation. So, when they return I want to hear that they had an outstanding time and most trip coming back from Mexico had me contacting the supplier on behalf of my client for some mix-up, screw up or service failure. So, when they depart I'm dreading their return because I know I inevitably spend my time working to fix the problem.

This trip was no different for me. I still have my personal views on every other trip to Mexico and know what the end result always is.

I happy to say that this is the first trip, I haven't had to do this! That is not to say that there weren't problems they just were not with the resort.

We had severe weather issues in Toronto that closed our airport for 2 days. There were people at the airport that had been there for 36 hrs and I prefer not to have my clients in that kind of mess if I can avoid it.

I called the resort to find out whether they could help me with the rooms if we were able to extend the trip with the airline. They went beyond my wildest dreams to help support me and my clients.

In the end, the clients spent an additional 3 days at the resort.

During the extended stay, it happened to be the 20th birthday of the daughter of my client. The challenge is that she has so many food allergies that she needed a flourless non dairy birthday cake. I wrote to the resort asking for help.

This is a pretty big challenge for most chef's but they were up to the challenge and pulled through for me.

When the clients were to check out of their extended stay, the flight was cancelled again. The hotel was right there to help me with the clients.

These client's during all the mess, never spent a second hanging around the airport not only because I was watching their flights but because I had the support of an amazing hotel and even more amazing staff.

Thank you ever so much for making my VIP client's stay the best they've ever had in 30 years of traveling to Mexico.

In a heartbeat, this is the resort that I will be selling for Mexico no question.

Everything about this hotel was amazing for my clients. The resort is amazingly clean, friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make the guests feel not only welcome but as though they were the most important person on the resort property.

After 35 years in the travel business, it's the first time I don't have to do anything except rave about the resort.

Thank you to everyone!

Room Tip: Rooms in the newest building are very nice. My client's were in room 1528 a corner suite with l...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Sue W
Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Talk about a warm spot to be in the middle of winter! Amazing! My husband and I enjoyed ourselves immensely! Wonderful food, hotel and so calm and wonderful. Thank you to the wonderful staff and great folks we met there. Would go back every year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KAREN B
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Perfect trip from start to finish.
Not a long drive from the airport.
A perfect welcoming arrival party.. the staff are always jumping to your service.
Private tequila tastings.
Wonderful beach.
The town of Huatulco is great too, go across the street from the resort and rent a scooter for a visit.
Restaurants are 100%, rooms are 100%, staff is 100%.

Room Tip: All are great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank I_get_around2014
Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We dont often choose the all inclusive route, but this was easiest for the time slot we had. It was a wonderful hotel. Everything was in good order and I loved that you did not have to bother with reservations in the restaurants. I likely would not have upgraded to the patio jacuzzi because we ended up spending so much time by the pools (very nice). Nothing wrong with jacuzzi but I think we only used it once. The beach is large and spacious and the weather was hot, hot, hot! I was not impressed with the snorkelling in front of the hotel as the visibility was only ~6'. We are used to the carribiean side clarity. However we hooked up with a fellow on the beach and did a few few dives north of us and a discover scuba course with a local DM. We went to his house to watch the video (which I thought was a bit scketchy), however it all turrned out well and we had a great experience. I am PADI certified, my BF was not. Again poor visibility but we saw a ton of rays and many other fishes. Still worth the experience. The little town is close by and cheap to cab too. Picked up a few souvenirs and went for the famous stone baked pizza. Expensive considering Mexico but delicious.

Room Tip: We liked the pool on the (south?) end with the jacuzzi and no kid area, our room above was quiet all...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Want2BWarm
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'm not huge into all inclusives (I would prefer not to do all inclusive at all) but it was for a wedding, and as far as they go, this one was fine.
There were a couple different pool options some adult only. as well as the ocean (got really deep, really quickly but the water was amazing). The pool near our room and by the japanese restaurant was usually pretty quiet which was nice.
when walking to our room (above the japanese restaurant) it fronts onto a parking lot, so my cozy senses were in over drive of not being met. But our view from the room, partial ocean was nice and calming. Nothing to write home about but nothing to switch rooms over. I think I would take the view and the quiet area over the more dense/louder areas that have a view.

Nice perk: full sized lotion bottles and sunscreen, though the spf is only 15, cant see that being paticularly helpful till the last day or two... the room was fine, pretty standard, getting a little worn down but not terrible and felt clean.

The food was mediocre, but I have spoiled tastebuds. I could always find something to eat, but I was never feeling like I was eating at a high caliber establishment, whatever, to be expected I guess. they usually had a little sushi area at lunch. Fresh pizza, fries, somekind of roasted meat: roast, pork tenderloin chicken etc. a salad bar. I have alot of food sensitivities and none of them were paticularly exacerbated by the food. the burgers I found paticularly offensive lots of filler or something, the ocean restaurant 2 out of 5, seemed like the soup was out of a can, maybe some people are fine with that... Liked the sushi restaurant, the mexican restaurant wasnt anything to write home about but sometimes it was nice to go in for dessert and coffee etc. Same with the Italian restaurant, although they did have this euclair puff thing that we went back for 4 or 5 times for. I think all the restaurants offer a spanish coffee show/service, its pretty cool to watch and a nice addition... Breakfast was good, I had some really good expiriences, whoever said there wasn't bacon, that isn't true. they also have a fresh empenada station going which was lovely although go at the wrong time and the lines could be long. Standard omlet station etc.

There were water things to rent, movies played on an outdoor screen at night either in english with spanish subtitle, or spanish with english subtitle entertainment shows that we never went to.

The wedding was beautiful (dont pay extra to have tonnes of food, its not that great, and people can get the same stuff basically free 20 feet away). in terms of their appetizer spread, just some fruit and cheese was nice. but their bruschetta was terrible, a terrible soggy idea, and the bacon wrapped chicken I could do without, the sauce was nice...
The fruit was the first to go.

The town was only a short trip 7-10american, which was nice. I found a great massage company, Tomy's massage! 9581076133, I'm going to try and find them or enlist them on trip advisor after this. They speak or can find you someone who speaks english, be careful to get the address though because they have more than one location. Even with the 2 cab rides (there and back) it was cheaper than dreams. Its not a crazy spa expieirence, with robes and whatnot, but its a good relaxing massage, they know what they are doing and they will accomodate you to feel comfortable, I went back 3 times and had 3 different people and they were all great, I think they will even come to you at the hotel...

I couldn't believe how outrageous dreams resort spa prices were! 30 canadian to get my nails just painted!? thats $10 in Calgary, come on. I hate getting ripped off. they come around with spa deals if you are by the pools and everyday they have a different special they list in their daily activity newsletter that is delivered to your room, so wait to book if you are going to go. But I still say take a trip to town, they call you a taxi at the gate easy breezy.

We really liked the servers and all the staff, they always did their best to help and there was always a tonne of them. Our room cleaners did a great job as well. left a tip everyday, I heard they make something like 4 dollars a day with just wage, ughh. there were people selling stuff on the beach but not to the point I found it annoying.

Overall for a group destination I was happy. I wouldn't go back and I'd say in the world of all inclusives this one is probably pretty good. One couple had a 9 year old and she had a great time and loved the explorers club. Oh ya, and go find Tomy spa: tomy_s_spa@hotmail.com

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends