The good: the hotel is of good size. There is a good variety of restaurants. We were two families with teens, and they all had something to do. The pools are large, the chairs comfy. The service was very good (like it is often in Mexico). The entrance of the hotel is gorgeous, open, always clean. The drinks were very good. Clean. Room service fast. There are vendors with permits in the beach, we bought two activities: snorkeling and river rafting. Don't miss them if you go, plus it will take your kids entertained. The river is amazing: we saw wild birds galore, and teens went on a different raft and and had a lot of fun. One night we went to Santa Cruz, the little town, beautiful, clean, don't miss the "agua de horchata". All boys got handmade bracelets, which they still wear today. Don't miss the Mexican night, which is once a week, the restaurant by the beach was the best meal of the week. And if are sitting by the beach and a young boy comes to offer you fresh oysters, and you like oysters, do not hesitate to say yes. We asked the hotel maitre d' and he said we could. They are unbelievable. The best drink is the frozen cucumber-lime. The Asian restaurant was top notch and had a gorgeous bar. The activity staff was friendly all the time, and the activities at night were fun. There are different types of singers/bands in the club at night. If you really want to escape the heat, go to the coffe-shop, where you will find not only great coffee and snacks, but it is the best air-conditioned room in the whole property, and it has a great view. The spa is super worth, specially the water treatment. Wi-fi was free and coverage was great almost everywhere.
However, keep in mind: we went in August, the sea was very rough. The boys (between 11 and 14) loved it, but the rule was there always had to be an adult watching them. The surf can get so high at times, they pull everyone from the beach for safety. It was high season so one of us had to get up and go put towels on the chairs very early. The main elevator in our building was wet most of the time, watch your step. The gym is small. And bring mosquito repellent - when the sun starts setting, minute little, almost invisible mosquitoes start attacking. We stayed a full week and in retrospect, 5 days should have been sufficient.
Overall, a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular resort offering 421 luxurious rooms and suites, 6 shimmering outdoor pools, 6 restaurants and 6 bars, SPA & fitness center and endless activities for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Huatulco Hotel Huatulco
- Dreams Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Dreams Hotel Huatulco
- Gala Huatulco
- Gala Beach Resort Huatulco
- Gala Resort Huatulco Mexico