I actually used to work at this resort with the Sports and Animation team about 10 years ago when it was still Gala. I had been back to Gala a few times since my employment, and it was starting to show some wear. Since Dreams took over and completely renovated the hotel a few years ago, its truly glowing again!
The rooms are super modern with everything from the color, decor and furniture.
They are bright and comfortable, decently sized.
We stayed 'Preferred Club' Level, so we had a room that faced the ocean. Views were fantastic.
I would ONLY stay Preferred again, it was worth every penny.
Not only do you get free wi-fi (that actually works), reserved pool and beach areas, but you also get the lounge. We used the lounge every single day.
After you had a day out in the sun, but your not ready to go down to your a la carte dinner, you can come up here. They have very tasty appetizers, and premium booze like Grey Goose. We drank a full bottle of champagne in the room every evening! The service was great up there as well!
Renos look great!
I loved the idea that you did not need towel cards here as well. You simply pick up over-sized towels rolled freshly into baskets, re-stocked frequently through-out the day.
There were always chairs or beach spots available in the preferred areas.
The lobby bar gets busy later in the evening, and the disco is actually a great size and quite modern! (A far cry from what was there before)
Preferred level will get you premium drinks - yum.
The A La Cartes do not require reservations, which is SUCH a relief. I hate playing the ' go to front desk at this time' game. Luxury means- go when you want. Dreams gets this.
The A La Cartes are actually quite tasty! I would say a 9/10.
Buffets are large and beautiful, but like can be expected of large resorts, the food is moderate (but not bad by any means!) about a 7/10.
The have fresh squeezed juice, which is a huge thing for me! I hate syrups! :)
-If you are traveling as a couple, there is a romantic dinner you can buy (and its well worth it)
For around $175 you can have a private dinner on the beach, lit by candles, with a private waiter. You have a full 4 course meal with lobster and wine and champagne!
Its actually where my now fiance proposed to me!
- If you like being in the 'middle of it all' this resort might not be the best for you. Its amoung a few others, but nothing else is within walking distance. The town - La Crucsacita - is just a 10 minute cab away. There are markets, mall, etc. There is a golf course nearby
- The resort is good for couples travelling alone as well as any other group. There is enough to do so you wont get bored!
- There is a dance club half way into town called 'La Papaya'. LOTS of locals go here to dance the night away. I LOVE it. Big video screens, great latin dance music, and a mermaid tank!
I say its pretty safe, check it out!
All in all, great place. Real luxury experience!
I will continue to be a regular visitor of this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular resort offering 421 luxurious rooms and suites, 6 shimmering outdoor pools, 6 restaurants and 6 bars, SPA & fitness center and endless activities for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Huatulco Hotel Huatulco
- Dreams Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Dreams Hotel Huatulco
- Gala Huatulco
- Gala Beach Resort Huatulco
- Gala Resort Huatulco Mexico