We just returned from our family vacation Dec. 25 to Jan. 1. The weather was perfect - sunny and warm every day! Beach was great (no jelly fish this year) great swimming and sailing (you can even feed fish in the am - this is amazing - 100's of large fish swim right to shore and swim around you)
The bar service was wonderful - you where never thirsty! Steve (the outside manager) was very helpful - Fernando - not so much - was always smiling but not very helpful (to the point that he upset many guests - he had zero flexibility)
The resort was always clean - everyone works hard - the turn down service was a waste of time as they often came right after the room was cleaned (about 4) we had not even showered for the evening - they left one chocolate - what is the point? either leave enough for everyone in the room or not at all - we upgraded to preferred - not worth the money (it is at other Dreams but I wouldn't bother at this one)
There was a major language barrier here - this resulted in poor service -certainly not at the same level as other Dreams and Secrets that we have been too. It is the little things that matter and when people don't understand English... the little things are not taken care of
The spa was great.... The gym was tinny - but it is safe to run outside of the resort.
We went on an excersion to see iganas and rafting - great morning out - highly recommend it.
New Year's Eve was good - the resort put on a great party.... messaging on when to sign up for tables etc was an issue - but great party and fire works
We were not impressed with the kids club here compared to other Dreams but liked the fact that our kids could sign themselves out.
The food was only average at this resort.
Overall, good resort, not to the same level as other Dreams or Secrets
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular resort offering 421 luxurious rooms and suites, 6 shimmering outdoor pools, 6 restaurants and 6 bars, SPA & fitness center and endless activities for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Huatulco Hotel Huatulco
- Dreams Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Dreams Hotel Huatulco
- Gala Huatulco
- Gala Beach Resort Huatulco
- Gala Resort Huatulco Mexico