We spent a great week in December at this resort. Previous reviews indicate that the property may need some upgrading but we were very pleased with all aspects of this resort.
Our room was on the third floor with a lovely balcony overlooking the pool and beach. It was spacious and had a very comfortable king size bed. The bedroom had plenty of storage space, and included a mini bar. The bathroom and linens were great.
We never experienced a lengthy wait time for the elevator to arrive, which is worth noting, I think!
The customer service was great! Abril, working at both the front desk and customer service desk is wonderful. Her English is great and her smile and service exceptional. We had no problems with either communication or lack of good service.
The food....the food is exceptional. We ate at the seafood and steak grill, seaside, one night. There are four specialty restaurants offered on the resort as well as the ongoing buffet: Steak and Seafood; Mexican, Spanish and Japanese. The general consensus was that the buffet was the best. I cannot verify that as, of the four options, we only ate at the seafood and steak grill. We enjoyed that thoroughly. The setting and service and food were great...but we did have to make a reservation.
The buffet is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with only a short change-over time between each. The choice of food is exceptional...both Mexican and NorthAmerican as well as other theme nights. All is of excellent quality and provides a good opportunity to sample many different dishes. The menu is not repeated each day so if it looks appealing, try it! We were very impressed with the quality and choices at each and every meal. Truly an exception at most buffets. The staff is extremely attentive and their supervisors are on hand and accessible.
There were a number of bars on the property. You can upgrade to a higher grade of beverages but we found the standard grade to be very good. Poolside service is, for the most part, very good. The only exception we found was one fellow who ignored those of us who did not tip him at every delivery. Others, including Giovanni and most of the bartenders, did a super job whether they were tipped or not (Supposed to be a no-tipping resort.). On one occasion we overstayed at a special function and the staff was both patient and gracious.
We spent a wonderful week at this resort. It is not cheap to stay here but we definitely felt it was money well spent and would recommend this facility highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Huatulco invites you to experience the hottest new resort All Inclusive location in Mexico without the hustle and bustle of a big city. Huatulco Bays is quickly becoming a key tourist Mexico beach attraction, offering well-preserved natural landscapes combined with luxury accommodations. This resort is well-positioned in the center of a cove, overlooking dazzling golden beaches and the sapphire blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. Live your dream vacation as you bury your feet in the sand, sip a cool drink and watch the waves roll onto shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Huatulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Hotel Huatulco
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Resort
- Barcelo Resort