Overall: Stayed at Barceló from Dec 17 to the 24th. This is a relatively small resort (about 350 rooms or so). Every thing is a few minutes walk and felt very convenient no matter where the room was located.
Generally speaking the food was good between the two buffets. We liked the Spanish restaurant. Mexican restaurant Agave was OK. It switched to Seafood on certain nights and was satisfactory. Did not try the Sushi as it was booked. Heard bad reviews from other guests.
Huatulco is definitely geared towards Canadians. Scotia Bank, hotels owned by Canadians, Saskatchewan Rough Riders flags on boats, people wearing ponchos with Calgary Flames.... do I say anymore. The American $ and the Canadian $ is treated at par so take Canadian Cash as they take either $ or Peso everywhere.
It was sunny with fantastic weather and people are sooooooooo good and welcoming. Fantastic destination. Will surely be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Huatulco invites you to experience the hottest new resort location in Mexico without the hustle and bustle of a big city. Huatulco Bays is quickly becoming a key tourist Mexico beach attraction, offering well-preserved natural landscapes combined with luxury accommodations. This resort is well-positioned in the center of a cove, overlooking dazzling golden beaches and the sapphire blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. Live your dream vacation as you bury your feet in the sand, sip a cool drink and watch the waves roll onto shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelo Huatulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Hotel Huatulco
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Resort
- Barcelo Resort