We have been to this resort in December when the water was much calmer. Mid April is when the waves are so big that you cannot swim. Found out that Mid april through to september is the rough times in the ocean and beach. Can be dangerous. Weekends come with full to capacity occupancy at the hotel. There were as many as 40 young males in the pool who then took over and were very rude to everyone else. Anyone who experiences this should let staff know as they knew english swear words and continued to shout them out. They also tried hitting older people with a volley ball, staff did not pay too much attention. Wish staff knew a few more words of english as there were many times they could not figure out the basics. Being polite will get you everywhere here. Learning a few spanish words would be beneficial. La Crucecita was marvelous as we ate a traditional lunch and sampler, fantastic! Also tried the mud scrub but found out that it could have been cow poop as when it dried it went green. Do not recommend that as it could make you sick, that was at the La Bocanna surfer beach. Great place to go as Barcelo is beautiful with flowers and scenery. Good food that is fresh....Needs more evening/outside bar entertainment other than the show......Highly recommended canadian place. Great to chat with many canadians from across the country. From a proud canadian...!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Huatulco invites you to experience the hottest new resort All Inclusive location in Mexico without the hustle and bustle of a big city. Huatulco Bays is quickly becoming a key tourist Mexico beach attraction, offering well-preserved natural landscapes combined with luxury accommodations. This resort is well-positioned in the center of a cove, overlooking dazzling golden beaches and the sapphire blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. Live your dream vacation as you bury your feet in the sand, sip a cool drink and watch the waves roll onto shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Huatulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Hotel Huatulco
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Resort
- Barcelo Resort