Our family stayed at the Barcelo Huatulco from Mar. 26th until Apr. 2nd and had a fantastic time. We booked this trip as a last minute get-away as the price was right and the reviews seemed quite good. We knew nothing about Huatulco until a few days before our trip. Let me say we were pleasantly surprised. First off the weather is amazing! Best week of weather we have had while on vacation. 35 deg's everyday and I'm not sure that we saw a cloud the whole week! People in Huatulco are very friendly and the area is very safe and clean. As reported, the rooms are outdated and are in need of upgrades but they they were clean and provided us everything we needed. We had a nice room overlooking the pool and the ocean. Everything from our airport transfer to our check-in went very smooth. There were lots of activities to keep our kids busy as we relaxed in the pool and the ocean. We are not picky eaters and found the food was fine with plenty of variety. We did try all the a la carte restaurants and found the Spanish one to be the best. The shows at night were suprisingly very entertaining. They had an outdoor bbq and show one night and it was great! I can honestly say everyone who works at the resort tries very hard to do the best job that they can. Language is a bit of a barrier but eventually they can figure out what you are asking for.
One thing to be aware of is that there are quite a few locals that use this resort. That did not pose a problem for us as we were just there to relax, but I did notice that the locals would get quicker service at the restaurants and bars which irritated some travellers. We only had poor service the one night in the Mexican restaurant but other than that we didn't wait long the whole week for anything really. Also just remember, that the beach is public and there are MANY vendors. I found if you were polite and just said no, then they left you alone, but if you are sitting near the beach be prepared to be approached. All in all it was exactly what we were looking for..some family time R&R in great weather. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our early morning beach walks with our coffee. We would definately go back to Huatulco!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Huatulco invites you to experience the hottest new resort All Inclusive location in Mexico without the hustle and bustle of a big city. Huatulco Bays is quickly becoming a key tourist Mexico beach attraction, offering well-preserved natural landscapes combined with luxury accommodations. This resort is well-positioned in the center of a cove, overlooking dazzling golden beaches and the sapphire blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. Live your dream vacation as you bury your feet in the sand, sip a cool drink and watch the waves roll onto shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Huatulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Hotel Huatulco
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Resort
- Barcelo Resort