We travelled on a Sunwing package from Nov. 20 - 27th from Toronto. Despite hearing of problems with Sunwing previously; everything went very smoothly for us with the only problem being a 1 hour delay leaving Toronto due to fog. Nothing you can do about that! Huatulco airport was small, but efficient and very clean. Good experience there. We loved the Barcelo from the moment we arrived - might add that we have been to many all inclusive resorts. The front desk staff were excellent (particularly, Soraihi?? who helped us to change our room when we discovered the air conditioning was not working well). Had the regular room (535) which overlooked the pool and a sideways view of the bay). It was fine - yes, it is certainly not new but was extremely clean and well maintained. At all times, the staff were pleasant and always asking if there was anything we needed and if we were having a good time! Our favourite restaurant was La Tortuga as it was open air and by the beach and the pool. The food was not fabulous, but we've come to not expect that at any all inclusive resort. Breakfasts were great and there was always something that we liked at lunch or dinner. If you cannot find something that you like, you have a problem. The manager of La Tortuga is a wonderful lady named Sofia who always goes above and beyond to make sure that you are happy! The view of Tangolunda bay is spectacular and the weather was perfect every day. Yes, the beach is quite steep and drops off quite quickly into the water which can be rough sometimes. Care is required. We managed to find a shady spot every day. The hotel was definitely much busier and thus, noisier on the weekend - not unusual. In short, we would love to go back! P.S. Did the bay tour with Elias (beach vendor) and felt it was well worth the money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Huatulco invites you to experience the hottest new resort All Inclusive location in Mexico without the hustle and bustle of a big city. Huatulco Bays is quickly becoming a key tourist Mexico beach attraction, offering well-preserved natural landscapes combined with luxury accommodations. This resort is well-positioned in the center of a cove, overlooking dazzling golden beaches and the sapphire blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. Live your dream vacation as you bury your feet in the sand, sip a cool drink and watch the waves roll onto shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Huatulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Hotel Huatulco
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Resort
- Barcelo Resort