We vacationed from December 27, 2011 until January 3, 2012. This my third time in Mexico, a place we love to visit. Huatulco has a nice small airport which was a nice direct flight from Toronto through SunWing.
Rooms were clean and spacious, but tile floors and bathrooms starting to show the wear of time. The resort is right on the beach with easy access to all amenities. We were on the Western end of the hotel, and could hear the resort next door external bar until 3 am one night.
The resort was nicely decorated for the Christmas/New Year’s holiday. They have a couple of nice buffet restaurants with excellent fresh local food. We enjoyed sharing the resort with many local Mexican families over the holidays too. Sofia, in the oceanfront restaurant, was always smiling and very attentive to our family needs.
The New Year’s Eve outside dinner was outstanding with a buffet of lobsters, quail, shrimp, pork. The evening entertainment ended with Fireworks!
The only disappointing incident was a member of our party having her purse stolen right in the lobby bar area. The purse was left briefly unattended, under a chair. The security director had video of the lobby, but wouldn’t show us the time sequence in question. He confirmed he could see us arrive with the purse, but didn’t see it leave. Can’t imagine the reluctance to share the video?
Overall, a nice hotel, good food, great weather, but you need to keep your personal items close at hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Huatulco invites you to experience the hottest new resort All Inclusive location in Mexico without the hustle and bustle of a big city. Huatulco Bays is quickly becoming a key tourist Mexico beach attraction, offering well-preserved natural landscapes combined with luxury accommodations. This resort is well-positioned in the center of a cove, overlooking dazzling golden beaches and the sapphire blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. Live your dream vacation as you bury your feet in the sand, sip a cool drink and watch the waves roll onto shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Huatulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Hotel Huatulco
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Resort
- Barcelo Resort