“Dinner at El Grillo Mariero 3/1/2014”
Review of EL GRILLO MARINERO

EL GRILLO MARINERO
Ranked #3 of 192 Restaurants in Huatulco
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was invited to dinner that evening by a wonderful couple I had met that was staying at the same resort I was staying at,and he was there Sportfishing in the same area as I was,so his wife and him invited me to dinner.This restaurant is owned by a local family.I am from Houston so I have access to a lot of good seafood ,but this place was the best seafood I have ever eaten.It was the best freshly caught Red Snapper I have ever eaten.I will return to this restaurant again and enjoy the food and the lovely family that runs it who made me feel at home.

Viva La Mexico
Thomas Harris (Tommy.)
Houston,Texas
U.S.A.

1  Thank 56003Thomas_H

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here last night. My husband had mahi mahi and it was good. I had the Spanish Mackrel and with in an hour of eating the fish I was ill. I was up all night and in the morning my stomach is still sore. I will not eat here again.

1  Thank Darlene M
Francisco R, Propietario at EL GRILLO MARINERO, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Over 23 years, we have been characterized to provide fresh, quality products, we offer a 100% local fish that many times we caught ourselves.

We don't believe that our dishes have made you sick, because you and your husband to shared the two kinds of fish, the recipes are exactly the same as developed and further doubt that the fish of the day and are only available when we have available.

Francisco Ríos
Owner

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We visited several times during our vacation. The whole red snapper is the best anywhere. We had the catch of the day fillets and they were amazing. Our people ranged in age from a baby to 64 years old - 2 to 9 people. We always had great service and a wonderful meal. A place well worth visiting.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have been going to Grillo Marinero for many years. It is always our first stop when we arrive, and there are many other meals there during our stay. We have so many favorites. The huachinango (red snapper) is the best we have ever had. The fresh mahi mahi and the shrimp in garlic and butter are also at the top of the list. The service is outstanding and getting to know the family has been a great pleasure!

1  Thank kubes
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by local's and we were pleasantly surprised. We had the mahi mahi ((freshly caught) and garlic shrimp and both dishes were fabulous. We saw lots of people eating the seafood soup as well. The waiter spoke English which was helpful as the majority of waiters don't speak English in La Cruceita and menu's tend to be Spanish only. The restaurant is nothing fancy in décor but the food was one of the best meals we had. It was the mothers birthday the day before and there was a table loaded with flowers thought it was someone's wedding so we took a picture that we have added. Defiantly recommend this restaurant