“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Juanita

Cafe Juanita
Ranked #15 of 174 Restaurants in Huatulco
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cafe Juanita is located in Marina Chahue. Perfect for having breakfast or lunch with a view of the water. Our food is local, fresh and delicious.
Brockville, Canada
“Very nice”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Carlos was a great host. We were looking for some particular shops in the village and he took us himself. He showed us a great Mescal shop. The cafe itself was where we spent most of our time if we took a break while in town.

Visited February 2013

Armstrong
“Average at best”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Cafe Juanita is over rated! The food was average at best. The restaurant was very clean and located on the second floor. It was not busy but 3 tables were occupied. Service was fine but waitress was also the cook. We had a chefs salad that was not crisp and drenched in dressing with average taste. We also shared a flank steak baguette. Bread was fresh and tasty but next to nothing in the baguette. We saw 2 other baguettes for other tables and they looked similar! I would highly recommend west park cafe and their club sandwich before ever returning to Juanita's for a very average lunch!!

1 Thank 64DDArmstrong
Boston, Massachusetts
“Love this place”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I don't know..it is something about being on the second floor, the vibrant colors of the furniture, the art on the walls and the fresh food..you just feel like you are on vacation and in paradise. I love getting there early, (opens around 8:30) sitting in the window seat overlooking the park and hearing the birds. They have very fresh fruit plates..egg breakfasts and really anything you wanted...we are vegans and they made food to order for us. There is also a note on the menu that all the food is properly washed...very important. The owner, Jane or Juanita also runs a cooking school..a great experience with her husband who is a local.
We have had dinner here as well and really enjoyed the fresh spinach salad with couscous.
Go and see if this is the morning or dinner place for you!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank blsrsuz
Huatulco, Mexico
“Thank you, Jane!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

For someone who spends winters in Huatulco, I hate to admit that last night was my first visit to Cafe Juanita. As an excuse, I can only say that we do not usually go out for breakfast or lunch and Jane has (I believe) only recently started serving dinners on a few evenings a week. My wife and I and our two guests had a most enjoyable evening. For starters we shared two orders of calamari, which was crisp and tender; not in the least bit "chewy". For mains, three of us ordered Mahi Mahi with chipotle salsa, rice and salad and one person ordered shrimp linguini. The Mahi Mahi was fresh and cooked to perfection. My wife wonders why I can't serve salad the way we had it last night. The shrimp linguini too was much appreciated. Our dessert orders varied from banana fritters with ice-cream, to cheesecake, to strawberries with chocolate ice-cream. Dinner was accompanied with a couple of bottles of decent Fume Blanc.

The ambience at this small informal restaurant was perfect for a casual evening, seated at a table looking down on to the main square at Santa Cruz.

The prices were very reasonable with the cost of the food and wine (excluding the tip) adding up to less than 1,400 pesos. Thank you, Jane!

• Visited February 2013
Milwaukee Wisconsin
“Best Meal of the Season”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Cafe Juanita this January. We ordered the very fresh tuna sashimi style for an appetizer ( served with soy ginger) and both of us had the fresh tuna, cooked to perfection- sauteed with some lime, ginger and Worcheshire. Medium rare, just like we like it. It was by far the best tuna I have ever eaten and have had it many times here is Milwaukee and elsewhere. We shared a salad of beets and goat cheese which was also good. My favorite part of the meal was the scrumptious chocolate cake.( We shared this too!) This meal was so good, we ate it twice in one week since we were leaving Santa Cruz. Love this restaurant as it serves food that no one else has . Atmosphere is so relaxing and friendly. Jane and Alfredo are the best hosts in town. Love the red wine too.

• Visited January 2013