“Nothing but "tight lines" all day with Jesus!”

White Shark Sport Fishing & Tours
Ranked #6 of 35 Tours in Huatulco
More attraction details
Owner description: White Shark Sport Fishing & Tours gives vacationers access to all the beautiful scenery, marine life, deep sea fishing and water activities that Bahias de Huatulco, Mexico has to offer. We pride ourselves on providing you a relaxing and worry-free experience. We customize every trip to make sure we fit the needs of your family & friends. Sport Fishing Bay Tours Snorkeling
Useful Information: Activities for older children
cleveland,ohio
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Nothing but "tight lines" all day with Jesus!”
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Let me start by saying that my wife and I have fished in many places (Venezuela, Costa Rica, Mexico and thoughout the Caribbean). After reading the forms I decided to email Jesus about our upcoming trip to Huatulco. His quick reply, weekly fishing reports, talk about the bate and lures that he uses and description of his boat, "The White Shark" all contributed to my decision that he is a Fisherman. We set our date with him.
Jesus met us at the hotel upon our arrival. We went over the types of drinks we wanted on the boat and what time he would pick us up in the morning.
Promptly at 6 a.m. Jesus and his brother, Roberto, picked us up at the hotel. Thirty minutes later our lines were in the water. Within five minutes we landed two bonito.
About 3/4 of a mile offshore Jesus located the blue water line and then the reels started to explode! Mahi Mahi nonstop, all day long. We kept thirty and released about the same amount. We also raised two sailfish but couldn't get them to bite.
Jesus could tell that we were happy and smiled and laughed every time he handed one of us the rod.
Roberto is the best filet man I have ever seen. We brought Mahi back to the hotel for our group of friends. The Mahi was enjoyed by all.
After such a great day we decided to go out a second time, later in the week with Jesus. Again, he met us promptly at the hotel. The second day was just like the first. 28 Mahi in the boat and 30 released with two sailfish raised (once again, no hook up).
Jesus and Roberto are two of the Best Fisherman that my wife and I have had the pleasure of fishing with. They both truly love to fish. If you want to experience nonstop action Jesus and "The White Shark" are the ones for you!
Contact Info: Jesus Vasques V. [--] Cell: [--]
Kurt (Grande Barba) and Sue.

6 Thank hongsuguy

Saskatoon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Jesus is a "real fisherman"”
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I had the pleasure of going out on the whiteshark fishing boat with Jesus Vasquez and Rodrigo his mate. I went with a "real fisherman" from Edmonton, and I did my homework before going with Jesus. I found some reviews on trip advisor, and had a local Saskatoon guy email who had just gone with Jesus. The cost is 50 USD per hour and we did not try and negotiate a cheaper rate. You will find cheaper boats, but I wasn't interested in BS, I wanted to go with a guy that loves fishing, and knows what he is doing. I have been on several ocean charters as well as numerous fly-in camps and know fishing. He got back to me by email promptly, didn't promise anything other than good tackle and baits, and a sound knowledge of the area and the fish. He provided lots of drinks (beer included) as well as a hearty sandwich. I could have eaten more, but it was included and was fresh. I caught an approx. 20Kg Mahi mahi and Monty my fishing partner caught 3 fish - i chula and 2 Mahi mahi's one small and the other maybe 10 kilo's. If you want numbers you can fish closer in to shore, but will not have a shot at the "big one". All in all I would recommend Jesus and his crew, we had lots of laughs, his engish is excellent and I didn't feel the need to negotiate the price as he promised value for our dollar but no fish guarantee. If you do go after the big one, Jesus will take you in closer on the way home, and you should be able to land some fish for the table, or for just the fun of catching. All in all Jesus loves what he does for a living and it showed. My fishing partner and I had a great time and didn't for one second feel we over paid. In this case and ( usually all others) you get what you paid for and I feel I got "all that". If you simply want to go for some great fishing (no guarantees) you have the right boat with the White shark and Jesus. He also met us down at the beach at the Barcelo, and was there when he said he was going to be, and was also prompt in picking us up at 6 in the morning to go - we saw a whale and hundreds of dolphins all around us, and in my buddies words "that was worth it in itself" Sorry if this sounds too positive, but it truly was - Thanks Jesus!!!!!!

2 Thank okemabeach
northern wisconsin
“fishing with jesus is a must”
Reviewed April 4, 2009

we fished with jesus (white shark tours) the week of march 15 and it is truly a must -- he met us in the lobby of the hotel at 6am with a cab to the marina in santa cruz we had a lot of action, bonita and some mahi mahi there were a lot of dolphins and sea turtles! it also enabled us to tour some of the bays at sunrise! my husband is a 3rd generation fishing guide in northern wisconsin and knows what it is all about--jesus and his mate were both very attentive to our needs, and he spoke good english--even though jesus tried the tuna just weren't hitting that day--but that is why they call it fishing not catching. the good lord willing and the creek don't rise we will back next year jesus!

Saskatoon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fishing with Jesus”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

My wife, myself and another couple had the pleasure of fishing with Jesus Vasquez aboard the White Shark on February 24, 2008.

Jesus and his mate were excellent hosts. The ocean was a bit rough the day we went out but the "crew" handled everything very well. They kept the boat clean and were very helpful.

We did not go very far from shore, maybe 5 or 6 miles, and we could see shore from where we were fishing.

We caught 6 Bonito (they look like small tuna) and three Mahi mahi, two of which were over 30lbs in the 6 hrs we spent fishing.

Jesus speaks three languages Spanish, French and English. I do not know about his French but his English is pretty good. He told me he writes English and Spanish but is not very good at writing French.

I found this very helpful as I was able to make arrangements over the internet before I got down to Mexico.

I would have given the whole experience an excellent rating, however for the ladies no bathroom was a bit of an issue, especially with the rough water.

I was hoping to catch a sailfish which did not happen (that's fishing) and I would definitely go out with Jesus again.

1 Thank Jackfish4
Manitoba
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yahooooo March 2009”
Reviewed March 23, 2009

There were four of us from Canadian Prairies that went out with Jesus fishing. We caught over 20 Bonitas and one very nice Mauhi Mauhi. It was 55lbs. The fishing was fast and furious. We had four on at one time three times. The Dolphins were fantastic. There were literally hundreds and hundreds of them.

Jesus we will be back one day to fish with you!!

1 Thank Winnipeg99