“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Echalote

L'Echalote
Ranked #6 of 174 Restaurants in Huatulco
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bogota, Colombia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent new years eve at L'echalote, and we had a wonderful time! Not only did we eat an awesome meal prepared by french chef Thierry, but we also had a great time at the restaurant and afterwards at the bar. I totally recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013

North Vancouver, Canada
“It's trying to be good, but inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We dined here at 6:30pm on a Friday evening, we were the only patrons there. Its nicely decorated and the menu is appetizing. The waiter we had was pleasant, he took our order and brought us our stale bread promptly. My wifes glass of red wine was delivered promptly, but too bad she oredered a white. My glass of red, luckily arrived as a red, but ice cold (and yes i know its common to be served cold reds in Huatulco because it heats up quickly) not a very big deal to us. I ordered the beef fillet with roquefort sauce and it was properly cooked and delicious. My wifes beef bourguignon was a little disapointing, the chunks of meat were rare (hard to imagine after cooking in red wine etc for a "long time", but the flavour in the rest of the dish were "off" aswell. If the waiter would have visited our table once after delivering our food we would have said something but we were not fortunate enough for that. They provided us a high chair which was a classic wooden one for our 18th month old. As we always do, we wiped the tray before we laid his snacks out for him. All I am going to say is; he sat on our lap after one swipe of the wet-wipe of the tray, but you know what, I think it is the responsibility of parents to clean highchairs after they use them, this one should be burned! We were tempted to try their desserts again (cause 2yrs ago they were awesome!) but we couldnt wait that long. We paid our bill, and on our way out I thought I'd say hello to the owner, the waiter said he was there and gave a shout to the kitchen,... the owner did not come out of kitchen. Enough said. I just hope he was working on his beef bourguignon and maybe building another highchair!
Listen, this place does make really good food, we hope we were just the exception this time. We will try it again.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank GFYN
Sherwood Park, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Night Out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our dinner experience for both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve was superb. The preparation of the food, the service and atmosphere were excellent. The owner takes pride in everything he does and it shows! Highly recommend!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Stacey and Dan S
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Supberb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

..my partner and I happened to be staying right next to this place and decided to review the trip advisor reviews before hand - and we were feeling very excited to try their cuisine.. and I must say were not disappointed. I had the Sole fillet fish with butter and parsley and my partner had the big prawns with saffron based sauce. Both had such lovely flavours. We had struddle and a moose for desert - again, delicious! Highly recommend this place for delicious, well priced food :)

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LaPricklyPear
Edmonton
“Yum - a wonderful lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We really enjoyed our three course daily special, of salade Nicoise, a tender flank steak with great sauce and superb potatoes, and a mango friterole for dessert. When we come to Huatulco we normally don't go to the same restaurant more than once as we want to try many places. However, we plan to return to L'Echalote for dinner next week because the food was just outstanding. And, thanks to the generous owner who shared his recipe for mashed potatoes, we will be making "patates a la Thierry" once we get back home!

• Visited December 2012