“I went there with my boyfriend for sushi...”
Review of Suntory

Suntory
Reserve with OpenTable
Suntory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 328 Restaurants in Acapulco
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Calle Teniente. Mauri y sq. Costera Miguel Aleman 36,
Copenhagen, Denmark
“I went there with my boyfriend for sushi...”
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I went there with my boyfriend for sushi. They have traditional and special menu, we got the special parts and it was really tasteful. Really nice japanese garden, great bar. If you are looking for great japanese food + sushi, this is the place to be.

New York
“After a whole week of bad Mexican food...”
Reviewed May 19, 2010

After a whole week of bad Mexican food and so called 'International' food (whatever they mean in Acapulco), my husband and I were ready to eat in KFC. After driving by Suntory a couple of times, we decided to give it a shot, even though it was kinda weird having Japanese food in Acapulco? Boy glad we did, first meal in a whole week that wasn't greasy and salty. We opted for the set meal called The Acapulco, which came with shrimp tempura, cooked salmon, miso soup, sushi or you can choose another appetizer, teppanyaki, fried rice, dessert and coffee, all for about $50. It was so much food, well worth the money. The place has a nice ambience, small teppanyaki tables, and even though was getting busy the night we were there (on Mother's Day), they didn't seat anybody else at our table. Service was good, the teppanyaki chef was friendly. The only thing worth mentioning is, if you drink sake, it'll cost you about $14 for a small jar, which I think it's pretty outrageous, because the sake was kinda water down. They have a nice selection of wines and top shelve liquor, but problem is they do not have a wine list, in a hurry I just ordered sake, seem no fuss at the time. Otherwise, Suntory is a great place to go.

San Diego, CA
“Consistent Performer”
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Our visit to Suntory was quite enjoyable. My BF had been there every time on multiple previous visits to Acapulco; it was my first trip.
The restaurant was totally booked for New Year's week, so we weren't able to get a reservation, but we took our chances to see if we could get a walk-in table. Luck was with us, as we were seated after only about 30 minutes; we talked with some who arrived before us and waited over an hour WITH a reservation.
The opening margarita was awesome-- just the right note of tang. By the time we were seated the hour was late, so we bypassed apps and went straight to main courses: thinly-sliced ribeye medium rare and langostinos, with mixed fried rice.
Our tableside chef was competent & friendly, but spoke little English (plus we spoke little Spanish) so not a lot of conversation transpired. I was less than impressed by his showmanship, as I've been to other Japanese restaurants where the chef stole the show, but his cooking was perfect.
The food was predictably excellent, and the portions generous. Service was crisp, efficient, and personable. The wine list was fairly limited and priced on the high side for what the labels offered, but not unreasonably so. We will definitely return to Suntory on our next trip to Acapulco!

1 Thank anastasiab695
Leeds, UK
“Higher Standard of Japanese in Acapulco”
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Went there with my friend in my last visit to Acapulco.
Very nice setting/decor, classy and elegantly casual atmosphere, professional/correct service. The evening we went, there was a mix clientele of USA/Canadians, Mexicans of certain level and some Europeans ( including myself! ). Had the lobster salad which was delicious. I heard from a close source that the Tepanyaki is excellent, definitely worth another trip/visit.
As the other reviewer mentions, it might not be suitable for everybody's budget but then you get what you pay for.

3 Thank SmartTraveller01
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“nice food but the chain...”
Reviewed June 25, 2008

nice food but the chain of shu restaurants they opened is better

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook