“KNOW BEFORE YOU GO !! USE EXTREME CAUTION !!!”
Review of Casa Condesa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Acapulco
Casa Condesa
davidnjames40
“KNOW BEFORE YOU GO !! USE EXTREME CAUTION !!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I stayed at this place, and I hated it. It was more like a guesthouse than a resort by any means. I am young in my late 20's and this place was full of old gay guys that love YOUNG BOYS, truly discusting. Meals were like you were staying in someones house and you had to sit at the table with everyone, absolutely a no go. There were hustlers all over the place and I simply didnt feel secure at all in this dump. The manager was rude, the other staff indifferent. I would NEVER go back. Acapulco gay scene is 75% gay pedophiles and 25% prostitutes and men that pay for them. Its hardly a mecca, and like this hotel has ZERO appeal with the exception of the sleezebags that go there. I will never return.

Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
6 Thank davidnjames40
kilocupcake, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Condesa, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
We are sorry to hear that you did not seem to have a positive experience on your trip to Acapulco several years ago and that it has taken so long to be getting back to you. At the same time, your comments are nearly a year later than your stated visit, and exactly what we might do to learn from your comments proves very difficult.

We are a guesthouse, also known as a bed and breakfast, and make no pretense to be a hotel or resort. The staff is trained to address the guests personally by name and to be courteous to everyone. We do strictly enforce a "minors not allowed" policy. It has gone a long way to discouraged those interested in underage encounters to even inquire about accommodations at the guesthouse. (a well known fact on the beach and at the various club.... this is a principle that we are proud to enforce.

Otherwise, our guests do come in all shapes and sizes and maturity. Breakfast is included at your convenience, and additional meals may be arranged to be taken in the privacy of your room, at an intimate table in a secluded corner, or at a more popular large family style setting.... I am sorry if this was not pointed out to you. The pool, while small, is open around the clock, and drinks and snacks are available at your convenience 24/7. While the structure dates back to the golden age of Acapulco, there is daily maid service and efforts are made to maintain a clean and comfortable surroundings.... some area is always undergoing a sprucing up or some phase of regeneration!

Acapulco has had more than its share of sensational bad press lately, but it continues to be a wonderful, sun-filled destination for the seasoned traveler. And, at the end of the day, if you haven't sufficiently wound down and disconnected from your regular routine, put yourself in the hands of one of the best massage therapists on the planet. We really make every attempt for you to have had a wonderful time, and hope that some day, you might reconsider Acapulco as a vacation destination.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I've stayed at a couple places in Acapulco. I splurged and stayed at Las Brisas, but I started my stay here at Casa Condesa. Traveling alone, this was a great decision because I made good friends at the Casa, and found myself coming back for dinner, even when I was staying at the other hotel. Casa Condesa is a great value. It's a little bohemian, a little rough around the edges, but that is part of it's charm.

If you don't get an email back right away, don't worry, you will. You can also call them toll free from the US. The pickup from the airport was so convenient

I felt right at home, I made nice friends, I will definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank cmmchicago
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I stayed at the Casa Condesa, got to know everyone that stayed there and the guys working there. It couldn`t be better. Fransisco, Andres and the gang is just sweeter than candy and the view is great, pool is cool and so much is included in the price. The way the place is built is very interesting, feels like being in the rain forrest - a very gay one though. But hey, this is the place to stay for gay. Love it, will come back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank LittleBobo83
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 19, 2010

this is just a a perfect retreat location for partnered couples... if single.. you can meet some interesting people here.. its clothing optional and well very relaxing as most of the travelers have mentioned here.. Aldo is great Paco is adorable.. Julio the Chihuahua so cute..and ofcourse both the owners are deff. sweet .. they will make you feel at home in a tropical atmosphere... Love Casa Condesa.. Would go there all the time..

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Casa Condesa is one block off the Costera (the main drag). There are a lot of bars on the Costera. These bars close very early in the morning. The bars have no walls, therefor, the music is loud, and it carries. We were originally in Room 2, but the noise was too much for us to receive a good nights sleep. When we mentioned this to James, the owner, he immediately switched rooms for us. We moved our own items, however, the staff offered to move it for us, but the control freak in me wanted to do it myself. The hotel also has ear plugs available. That is the only "complaint" I have, and to be fair, it's not their fault due to the bars.

Now, that being said, Enrique picked us up at the airport. A quick stop to pick up James, the owner, at Costco. James informed us that dinner was provided the first night for free. But, Francisco, a great staff member, made some REALLY good margaritas, so we missed dinner. But we did have dinner 3 times, and every time did NOT leave the table hungry. James is an excellent cook.

The pool is naturally heated, but with the Acapulco heat, the pool is quite refreshing. The breakfasts are made to order, so if you don't like what you get, you probably ordered the wrong thing. Everything is delicious.

Roy, the manager, is very helpful with guiding you to the beach and arranging a massage with Aldo. By all means, get a massage by Aldo! It is so relaxing! Thanks Aldo!

Jasmine, the cleaning person, is very freindly. Make sure you tip her well, she so deserve it!

Francisco, the one we saw the most, is a great young man. He is very freindly, always asking if there is anything you need, and just a great joy to be around. He went out with us one night, and it was just a blast!

I highly recommend Casa Condesa for anyone that wants to be away from the craziness of the beach and does not want a 5 star hotel, but a 5 star staff!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank butler46203
London
Reviewed February 25, 2009

We have been here before, so it is our second time and that means we like not only the place, but also the people and the location. Casa Condesa has lot of different rooms for different tastes. So my advice would be to ask Roy (the administrator) all the details of the accommodation. We stayed in a room with a big terrace and an outdoor toilet & shower. Great for the nice warm weather. Food and hosting every night was excellent and we are thinking to go back again next year.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GabsBunny
Midlothian, Illinois
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Every winter, sometime around my birthday, my partner and I escape Chicago's snowy, frigid shores, to see the sun and per chance to sweat. This year Acapulco was our lucky winner!

Acapulco. This hot, sunny, pulsating city is making a comeback. In the 50's & 60's Acapulco was one of THE places to be and be seen. Movie stars, politicians, the powerful and the elite all made their way to its sandy shores. In the 70's and 80's it fell on hard times, neglect and pollution sent the city into a steep decline. Then the 90's brought a new, forward looking mayor who decided enough was enough and partnered government with business and thus put the city back on the tourist map. Unfortunately, most Americans haven't rediscovered Acapulco yet. For many of us it remains a glamorous, eccentric, old fashioned relative from a bygone era. Part of me hopes it stays that way. It was rather refreshing not to be trampled by hordes of camera-toting American tourists.

Some of us have made our way back to this city on a gorgeous bay, lured, in part, by prices cheaper than other resort destinations in Mexico. It is in this city, once again throbbing with energy, that you will find a little slice of home called Casa Condesa. Quaint and cozy, with a slightly quirky decor, the Casa is affectionate, affable and exceedingly hospitable. James, Roy and their staff go to great lengths not just to make you feel welcomed, but to make sure you're at home.

Every night James whips up the best meals! Never once did dinner disappoint! And, never once did we ask anyone for restaurant recommendations! Every evening guests gather with James, Roy and occasionally a few of their friends around a large table to share a scrumptious meal (served family style), share travel tales, talk politics or love or whatever, and in the process get to know one another. In my opinion, the evening meal was the highlight of each day. Good company, fantastic food, a cold beer or nice bottle of wine, accompanied by an attentive smile from François, a consummate maître d'. And, if you're really nice, you might just get a cake for your 42nd birthday, just like I did!

Each room in the Casa is different and very uniquely decorated! They have a small, clothing-optional pool, partly shaded during the heat of the day. The staff is extremely attentive and very friendly (don't forget to tip!). Enrique, their driver, will pick you up at the airport and is almost always available to take you wherever you might need to go. Breakfast is served to order every morning. High-speed Internet is available (as is Wi-Fi). The gay beach is just a few blocks from the Casa (Roy is happy to give directions, heck, he'll probably take you himself!) and there are numerous restaurants, bars, clubs and shops all within an easy walk.

An absolute MUST while in Acapulco is a massage by the house masseur, Aldo, affectionately known as the 'squeezer'! His professional touch is nothing short of blissful heaven! In nearly 20 years of receiving massages I have never - bar none - received a better massage than from the hands of Aldo!

Casa Condesa is true gem - a real find! We are both so glad to have discovered this wonderful little hideaway in the heart of Acapulco!

• Liked — Dinner and the central location!
  • Disliked — Those pesky mosquitos!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RandyRandy