“A great place with wonderful staff”
Review of Casa Condesa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Acapulco
Casa Condesa
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I stayed at the Casa Condesa, got to know everyone that stayed there and the guys working there. It couldn`t be better. Fransisco, Andres and the gang is just sweeter than candy and the view is great, pool is cool and so much is included in the price. The way the place is built is very interesting, feels like being in the rain forrest - a very gay one though. But hey, this is the place to stay for gay. Love it, will come back!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank LittleBobo83
There are newer reviews for Casa Condesa

Reviewed January 19, 2010

this is just a a perfect retreat location for partnered couples... if single.. you can meet some interesting people here.. its clothing optional and well very relaxing as most of the travelers have mentioned here.. Aldo is great Paco is adorable.. Julio the Chihuahua so cute..and ofcourse both the owners are deff. sweet .. they will make you feel at home in a tropical atmosphere... Love Casa Condesa.. Would go there all the time..

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Casa Condesa is one block off the Costera (the main drag). There are a lot of bars on the Costera. These bars close very early in the morning. The bars have no walls, therefor, the music is loud, and it carries. We were originally in Room 2, but the noise was too much for us to receive a good nights sleep. When we mentioned this to James, the owner, he immediately switched rooms for us. We moved our own items, however, the staff offered to move it for us, but the control freak in me wanted to do it myself. The hotel also has ear plugs available. That is the only "complaint" I have, and to be fair, it's not their fault due to the bars.

Now, that being said, Enrique picked us up at the airport. A quick stop to pick up James, the owner, at Costco. James informed us that dinner was provided the first night for free. But, Francisco, a great staff member, made some REALLY good margaritas, so we missed dinner. But we did have dinner 3 times, and every time did NOT leave the table hungry. James is an excellent cook.

The pool is naturally heated, but with the Acapulco heat, the pool is quite refreshing. The breakfasts are made to order, so if you don't like what you get, you probably ordered the wrong thing. Everything is delicious.

Roy, the manager, is very helpful with guiding you to the beach and arranging a massage with Aldo. By all means, get a massage by Aldo! It is so relaxing! Thanks Aldo!

Jasmine, the cleaning person, is very freindly. Make sure you tip her well, she so deserve it!

Francisco, the one we saw the most, is a great young man. He is very freindly, always asking if there is anything you need, and just a great joy to be around. He went out with us one night, and it was just a blast!

I highly recommend Casa Condesa for anyone that wants to be away from the craziness of the beach and does not want a 5 star hotel, but a 5 star staff!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank butler46203
Reviewed February 25, 2009

We have been here before, so it is our second time and that means we like not only the place, but also the people and the location. Casa Condesa has lot of different rooms for different tastes. So my advice would be to ask Roy (the administrator) all the details of the accommodation. We stayed in a room with a big terrace and an outdoor toilet & shower. Great for the nice warm weather. Food and hosting every night was excellent and we are thinking to go back again next year.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GabsBunny
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Every winter, sometime around my birthday, my partner and I escape Chicago's snowy, frigid shores, to see the sun and per chance to sweat. This year Acapulco was our lucky winner!

Acapulco. This hot, sunny, pulsating city is making a comeback. In the 50's & 60's Acapulco was one of THE places to be and be seen. Movie stars, politicians, the powerful and the elite all made their way to its sandy shores. In the 70's and 80's it fell on hard times, neglect and pollution sent the city into a steep decline. Then the 90's brought a new, forward looking mayor who decided enough was enough and partnered government with business and thus put the city back on the tourist map. Unfortunately, most Americans haven't rediscovered Acapulco yet. For many of us it remains a glamorous, eccentric, old fashioned relative from a bygone era. Part of me hopes it stays that way. It was rather refreshing not to be trampled by hordes of camera-toting American tourists.

Some of us have made our way back to this city on a gorgeous bay, lured, in part, by prices cheaper than other resort destinations in Mexico. It is in this city, once again throbbing with energy, that you will find a little slice of home called Casa Condesa. Quaint and cozy, with a slightly quirky decor, the Casa is affectionate, affable and exceedingly hospitable. James, Roy and their staff go to great lengths not just to make you feel welcomed, but to make sure you're at home.

Every night James whips up the best meals! Never once did dinner disappoint! And, never once did we ask anyone for restaurant recommendations! Every evening guests gather with James, Roy and occasionally a few of their friends around a large table to share a scrumptious meal (served family style), share travel tales, talk politics or love or whatever, and in the process get to know one another. In my opinion, the evening meal was the highlight of each day. Good company, fantastic food, a cold beer or nice bottle of wine, accompanied by an attentive smile from François, a consummate maître d'. And, if you're really nice, you might just get a cake for your 42nd birthday, just like I did!

Each room in the Casa is different and very uniquely decorated! They have a small, clothing-optional pool, partly shaded during the heat of the day. The staff is extremely attentive and very friendly (don't forget to tip!). Enrique, their driver, will pick you up at the airport and is almost always available to take you wherever you might need to go. Breakfast is served to order every morning. High-speed Internet is available (as is Wi-Fi). The gay beach is just a few blocks from the Casa (Roy is happy to give directions, heck, he'll probably take you himself!) and there are numerous restaurants, bars, clubs and shops all within an easy walk.

An absolute MUST while in Acapulco is a massage by the house masseur, Aldo, affectionately known as the 'squeezer'! His professional touch is nothing short of blissful heaven! In nearly 20 years of receiving massages I have never - bar none - received a better massage than from the hands of Aldo!

Casa Condesa is true gem - a real find! We are both so glad to have discovered this wonderful little hideaway in the heart of Acapulco!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank RandyRandy
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Have just returned from a 5 day stay at the Casa Condesa. Yet again we had a fantastic time. From the moment you arrive you feel at home and really switch off from the 'outside world'. James and his staff make you feel like family, cooking up great dishes every evening. The best thing about the casa condesa is the socializing with the other guests and going home from Acapulco with new friends from around the world. Can't wait to book my next trip

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank zchal24
Reviewed December 1, 2008

Casa Condesa is one of those special holiday finds. From the moment I arrived I felt like I was at home surrounded by friends rather than staying at a resort.

My room was spacious, colourful and very Mexican! I loved the open shower with the downlights and the coloured windows. The bed was comfortable and the room was airconditioned and had a TV. Casa Condesa is very open so I felt free to walk around, converse with staff and guests, relax in the sun, use the internet or even take a naked dip in the pool! Dinner time is at 8 O'clock nightly and apart from experiencing James' delicious cooking, it is a chance to swap stories with staff and guests. Roy, the manager is an absolute hoot and Francisco made sure I was well taken care of!

The Casa itself is within close range to the gay beach Playa Condesa, local cinema/shopping mall and many bars and clubs. If you're unsure about what to do or where to go in Acapulco, the staff at Casa Condesa are very knowledgeable and always keen to assist.

All in all my stay at Casa Condesa was the hightlight of my North American holiday. I will definitely return again and hopefully stay for longer next time!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo