“Wonderful staff!”
Review of Casa Condesa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Acapulco
Casa Condesa
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have stayed a number of times in Casa Condesa while visiting Acapulco and I will always return here. What makes a hotel special is different for everyone but Casa Condesa should please almost any gay traveler. It is a tranquil, beautiful space that feels more like a grand home in the tropics than a hotel. It is conveniently located a short walk to the gay beach and a comfortable walk to several gay clubs.

One of the special things about Casa Condesa is the staff. They genuinely want you to enjoy your stay. They are very friendly and service oriented without being overbearing. James, the owner is a joy to talk to.

Many guests enjoy just relaxing by the pool or in a hammock during the day. Whether that be your thing or heading out to the clubs until the wee hours Casa Condesa is the absolute best choice for the gay traveller visiting Acapulco!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank asdsrfr

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a delightful place to stay in Acapulco...warm...friendly....and very welcoming. You will not find any place more accommodating to the gay traveler. No matter how often I've stayed, I've always had the best experience. Close to the beach and bars.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank BigJoeNYC
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was in Acapulco for work and then decided to stay as I found this oasis online and looked inviting. I stayed 4 nights and rarely left the property. The staff are to be commended for looking after me all thru the day and night. Special props goes to the owner and designer of the whole place, James. We had long chats and he was very informed about the general area as he has been there for 15 years and been coming to Acapulco for many more. There are a wide assortment of rooms to choose from and all have their charms. The pool is small but a wonderful place to cool off and enjoy a naked swim. The nightly dinners do not happen very often but I managed to have 2 while I was there and was delicious. Drinks can be had at any time and there are so many places to lounge around you can find you own little corner and cuddle up with a good book. The upstairs pavilion is really the best part of the hotel. Big and open with extremely comfortable couches, hammock and chairs to socialise or just enjoy the view. I will certainly be back!

Room Tip: choose the upstairs rooms as they seem to have a little more light. The Chinese room by the pool is...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank roaddrake
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Wow, I'm a picky traveler and Casa Condesa exceeded my expectations! Great job gang. From the moment you arrive you are treated as a special guest with the whole staff there well trained to make your experience special. It is a small boutique bed and breakfast style accommodation. Each room is unique; ours had a nice big flat screen, mini refrigerator, walk in closet and free wi-fi that was high speed and trouble free. Really felt like we were staying at a friend's home and not a hotel. Everything was provided so there was not much of a need to leave the property. The option of dining in house was excellent and so much better than trying to find a restaurant and hoping for something good. Again, it was like your friends cooking a tasty meal for you in their home. And the "anytime breakfast" was custom cooked whenever we woke up and decided to leave the room. It's not like one of those buffets where if you sleep in and miss the cut off by 5 minutes everything is packet up and picked over. Fresh squeezed juice, fruit cut just for you just before it is served to you and hot eggs any way you like them make for a great way to start your day, even if it is already afternoon!
The pool is refreshing, and while the beach is just a block away, staying at the pool may have been the ultimate in laziness, but it was so convenient and comfortable. The hammocks in the upstairs open air patio are the perfect place for a nap or just to lay and relax or read a book. This truly is a little slice of gay paradise.
The whole staff is to be commended on their helpfulness and being there just when you need them; not overly intrusive, but available when you need them. I never felt overly fussed over nor ignored. Finding that balance is almost magical. They've got it down.

What I liked best: The overall atmosphere, the genuine friendliness of the entire staff, being able to stay there without going out for anything if I didn't want to.
What I liked least: having to leave! (oh, and the mosquitos, but they had a fun bug zapper that helped a lot!)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Eric_Grubb
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I stayed at this place, and I hated it. It was more like a guesthouse than a resort by any means. I am young in my late 20's and this place was full of old gay guys that love YOUNG BOYS, truly discusting. Meals were like you were staying in someones house and you had to sit at the table with everyone, absolutely a no go. There were hustlers all over the place and I simply didnt feel secure at all in this dump. The manager was rude, the other staff indifferent. I would NEVER go back. Acapulco gay scene is 75% gay pedophiles and 25% prostitutes and men that pay for them. Its hardly a mecca, and like this hotel has ZERO appeal with the exception of the sleezebags that go there. I will never return.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
7  Thank davidnjames40
kilocupcake, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Condesa, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2011

We are sorry to hear that you did not seem to have a positive experience on your trip to Acapulco several years ago and that it has taken so long to be getting back to you. At the same time, your comments are nearly a year later than your stated visit, and exactly what we might do to learn from your comments proves very difficult.

We are a guesthouse, also known as a bed and breakfast, and make no pretense to be a hotel or resort. The staff is trained to address the guests personally by name and to be courteous to everyone. We do strictly enforce a "minors not allowed" policy. It has gone a long way to discouraged those interested in underage encounters to even inquire about accommodations at the guesthouse. (a well known fact on the beach and at the various club.... this is a principle that we are proud to enforce.

Otherwise, our guests do come in all shapes and sizes and maturity. Breakfast is included at your convenience, and additional meals may be arranged to be taken in the privacy of your room, at an intimate table in a secluded corner, or at a more popular large family style setting.... I am sorry if this was not pointed out to you. The pool, while small, is open around the clock, and drinks and snacks are available at your convenience 24/7. While the structure dates back to the golden age of Acapulco, there is daily maid service and efforts are made to maintain a clean and comfortable surroundings.... some area is always undergoing a sprucing up or some phase of regeneration!

Acapulco has had more than its share of sensational bad press lately, but it continues to be a wonderful, sun-filled destination for the seasoned traveler. And, at the end of the day, if you haven't sufficiently wound down and disconnected from your regular routine, put yourself in the hands of one of the best massage therapists on the planet. We really make every attempt for you to have had a wonderful time, and hope that some day, you might reconsider Acapulco as a vacation destination.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

I've stayed at a couple places in Acapulco. I splurged and stayed at Las Brisas, but I started my stay here at Casa Condesa. Traveling alone, this was a great decision because I made good friends at the Casa, and found myself coming back for dinner, even when I was staying at the other hotel. Casa Condesa is a great value. It's a little bohemian, a little rough around the edges, but that is part of it's charm.

If you don't get an email back right away, don't worry, you will. You can also call them toll free from the US. The pickup from the airport was so convenient

I felt right at home, I made nice friends, I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank cmmchicago
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I stayed at the Casa Condesa, got to know everyone that stayed there and the guys working there. It couldn`t be better. Fransisco, Andres and the gang is just sweeter than candy and the view is great, pool is cool and so much is included in the price. The way the place is built is very interesting, feels like being in the rain forrest - a very gay one though. But hey, this is the place to stay for gay. Love it, will come back!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo