“Small hotel near beach and entertainment”
Review of El Hotelito

El Hotelito
Ranked #106 of 167 Hotels in Acapulco
Rego Park, New York
“Small hotel near beach and entertainment”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Small cozy hotel far from center but close to the beach. Plenty of restaurants and bars around. No mosquito nets so can't leave windows open, that's a minus. Quiet rooms. Much nicer upstairs with balconies.

Room Tip: upstairs with balcony is much nicer
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annageish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Veracruz, Mexico
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and it was "Excellent", but on my latest stay I noticed the lack of maintenance.

First I was assigned a room that was flooded and had no light, then reassigned to another one in which the shower was not working properly and finally the one I sayed at was clean but there was some mold growing by the shower the sink was loose, the curtains looked old and not tidy.

Don't get me wrong, it is still a fair place to stay for the price buy it is not what it used to be. For an overnight stay would be ok but maybe not for a whole vacation.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Luis K
Ottawa
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We had planned to stay in Acapulco for five days of our two week trip to Mexico. We had booked at El Hotelito based on the reviews available on this site. When we arrived at the hotel at around 2pm, our room wasn't ready. We waited for about an hour in the lobby for our room. To their credit, they offered us a complimentary beverage while we were waiting. When we got to our room, we were quite disappointed. First of all, the Hotelito does not have an elevator and we were on the third floor. It wasn't a problem just a bit of a pain when you forgot something in the room. Second of all, El Hotelito is not a modern hotel, it's an old Acapulco joint that's been revamped wth a bit of white paint. The room itself was relatively clean. The rest of the hotel, not so much. The cushions on the chairs next to the pool were stained and so were the curtains in the room. It all felt a bit old and dingy. The location however is good. Close to the beach and restaurants. The staff is friendly but very young and somewhat inexperienced. If you are 20 and want a cheap place to go party, this might be for you but it wasn't for us. After two nights, we decided to leave and go back to Mexico D.F. sooner than planned. It took many many weeks and many emails to get our money back, but we managed to get refunded for two night.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — it was old and dingy
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
8 Thank Cachupina

Travelers are raving about these Acapulco hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2006

Hello,
If you are looking for a vacation full of adventure and fun, the Hotelito is not the place where you will find it. Me and my friends just came back from Acapulco and we experienced the worst service an hotel can provide to fulfill your expectations. Despite the fact that Acapulco is an amazing place to go to the Hotelilo will restrict your plans in many ways. When you pay for a place to stay you expect a good service and availabilty of many things. So take this advice seriously.

• Stayed March 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2006

El Hotelito is Acapulco's hidden secret. The place is very clean, the location is great (only one block away from the beach and one block away from the restaurants and clubs), and the hotel staff is very friendly! Not once did I have to ask for my key when I returned from the beach because they knew who I was and what room I was staying in! The pool is nicely decorated and it is a refreshing swim under the hot Mexican sun. The rooms are average, but extremely clean! The hotel has a great policy of not allowing anyone under 21, and it really helps. Some of the other hotels were loud and boisterous, but this place was relaxing and mature. My only complaint about this hotel is that there is not elevator, but the fourth floor is the top floor. I would definitly stay here again!

• Stayed February 2006
14 Thank BoysInNY
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 13, 2005

Some friends and my self arrived in Acapulco without a hotel reservation... We asked to the taxi driver where could we stay? Nice hotel, not expensive, good location and cool. The taxi driver headed us to el hotelito where more than all that, DO NOT ACCEPT KIDS, great!!!! The price was really nice for the quality of the place. Definetely the pool and the cleaness of the rooms are the strongest points of the place. Also, it is very close to Walmart, restaurants, clubs and 30 steps from the beach. The manager gave us a nice discount so we stayed there and enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 27, 2005

I went to Acapulco with my boyfriend and two of his friends last week. I had booked at Hotel El Tropicano. When we got there, the A/C was not working, the TV was broken and the place was very messy. We were paying 70 dollars a night. Next day we started looking around for another place. Hotels that didn't seem very luxurious were around 100 dollars a night. When we got to El Hotelito and looked at the fancy lobby, I thought it would be a waste of time to even ask. The guy at the reception (probably the owner) was very friendly and gave us a tour to the entire hotel (which is tiny), and told us the rate: 80 dollars a night, but since we were staying the whole week, he made us 25% discount.
The rooms are spacy and very fancy. They have remote-control high-quality A/C a safe box and cable TV. Also, some of them have a nice porch. The pool is small but with an amazing design and you can swim 24 hours a day. The little bar by the pool is also very nice, although the drinks there are expensive. Absolutely all the personnel we met at the hotel is very friendly.
El hotelito is 1 minute walk away from the beach, 5 minute-walk away from the Wal-Mart and about 7 minute-walk away from two of the best clubs in Acapulco: El Alebrije and Baby'O.
El Hotelito doesn't accept kids, which makes the whole environment more romantic. I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Acapulco.

• Stayed May 2005