“Friendly and Fun”

$75.00*
2-Tank Boat Dive in Acapulco for Certified Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SDA is a PADI 5 Star IDC Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Resort in Acapulco - Mexico since 1998. We offering scuba diving, snorkling, kayaking, hiking and PADI dive courses from the entry until the professional level, Divemaster, Instructor, MSDT, IDC courses, IDC Staff Instructor.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went for half-day snorkeling tour, accompanying a larger group of scuba divers. Hotel pickup was on-time, friendly and efficient. While the dive boat and, especially, the pier were a bit rustic, the crew was fun, flexible, professional and knew their stuff; and the price was right. The crew went out of their way to make us comfortable. One crew member snorkeled with us and helped us identify sea life. We had a great time. Very reasonably priced and easy to set-up. Highly recommended

Reviewed November 10, 2012

If you're looking to Scuba dive while in Acapulco, do yourself a favor and call Mario at SDA. They pick you up and take you back to your hotel, the equipment is well kept (which is rather important when you're going underwater), and the instructors are professional, friendly and speak excellent english. Make sure to go for two dives if you're doing the beginner package, splurge a little extra for the pictures and videos, you won't regret it. Highly recommend this.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We completed 4 dives over 2 days with SDA and we were totally satisfied. We were all certified open water divers but my friends needed a rehearsal as they dove quite some time ago. Our guide, Tiger, made sure to confirm things, took us to shallow water and made them feel comfortable underwater and there was no rush whatsoever. The following dives were more and more relaxed and the conditions were just perfect. We dove around Isla Roqueta on all four dives and saw sea turtle, eagle ray and various fishes I can't name. The equipment was in very good conditions with seemingly new regulators, the boats are a little worn but fit the purpose. Food and drinks on board could be a little better, but it's just a minor sidenote.
We booked our dives via e-mail with Mario, everything was as planned and promised.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I spent two weeks in acapulco Sept. 2012 and had a great time. Mario (owner) and Boris (divemaster) where very friendly and helpfull. Being low season there were few other divers and had very personal service. My wife and I got to Acapulco with no reservations since there are tons of hotels on the Coastera of Acapulco with good prices. We stayed in one of them for the first three nights and SDA had good contacts for accomodations through them and on their website and got us a beautiful villa for the remainder of our stay.

Since we had lots of time I did 10 dives and they were very helpful in everything from recommending the best days to dive based on visibility and weather. Keep in mind that diving the Pasific is not the same as the Caribbean. The visibility is not as clear but not bad and there is tons to see and more than worth the trip. the dives there ranged from shallow sandy bed covered with different sea stars to deep dives on huge rocky walls covered in life and on multiple dives being surounded by schools of eagle rays soaring gracefully by. Conditions there are different but the types animals there are incredible.

The service from SDA was exellent. Their driver (Jack) who picks you up for each dive speaks exelent english and can give you lots of information about the city and area attractions. They have comfortable larger boats that have shade and handle the waves better than small ones. They also carry a cooler with a variety of water and pops, as well as simple ham and cheese sandwich and fruit which was a nice extra most outfitters do not provide. Overall I definatly reccomend SDA to anyone planning a trip to Acapulco

Reviewed July 14, 2012

In early July, I completed 4 dives over two days with this shop. I am an advanced open water diver and travelled with my own equipment. I made arrangements directly with this shop, although I believe most hotels can book this for you.

The first day was fabulous, considering this was the offseason with sub-prime conditions. The driver, Jack, picked us up at the hotel. There was one other certified diver at my hotel also going out, and we were the only two on the boat the first day. Jack's english was PERFECT and he served as a mini-tour guide. The owner/manager Marco greeted us at arrival and got us checked in. We were also greeted by Boris, the divemaster who was from Puerto Rico. Both had great energy and conversed with us about prior dives and what we wanted to experience on this dive. Boris was one of the best DMs I've ever dived with. He chose specific sites based on our interest and capabilities. During the dive he gave us little learning challenges while also pointing out sealife. After the dives, he gave us very helpful feedback and suggestions.

On the first day, we dove the "El Bajo" and "Dentes de perro" dive sites. These sites were off the coast, away from the island Roqueta. We saw misc small tropical fish/bait fish, as well as many puffers, balloonfish, and eels. We did spot one octopus of decent size as well as a ray in the distance. While on the boat during the surface interval, we spotted a turtle swimming and dolphins. Visability was mediocre this time of year, and limited to 10-12 feet. They said it was much better November-March. For the first dive we followed a line down and back up. On the second dive, we did not follow a line.

On the second day, neither Marco nor Boris were there (I guess they had the day off). We were left with other staff, only one of which spoke english (the DM for these dives) and it was minimal. We were the only two divers on the boat, but there were snorklers on the boat too this time.

They chose to dive two sites closer to the island of Roqueta. I forget the first site name and the second site was the "Arabian House". Visability was very poor, maybe 5 feet at best. There was a lot of drift/current. We saw much less on this trip. The snorklers couldn't see anything, and basically called off their second snorkling session to do a bit of hiking on the island instead. The snorkling guide did not speak any english, but luckily one of the snorklers did speak english.

On the boat, they offered water or coke from a cooler. They had ham/cheese sandwhiches available during the break, as well as fruit (bananas this time). There was plenty of shade on the boat.

Overall, if diving in Acapulco, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that shop. That said, you should ask for either Marco or Boris to be on the boat during your dives. Based on visibility, I wouldn't recommend snorkling outside of the "prime" season, but that is a critique of Acapulco and not this shop. The only negative was that the boat did not have a ladder. As a diver, you had to do a backflip into the water (not a big deal) an had to re-enter the boat via a boatside platform they lower into the water.