Me and my sister are at the Crowne Plaza right now and that is where I am writing from.... Tons of issues that we would like families to be aware of (especially those that speak English only)
1. Trouble getting interconnected rooms, despite having called the hotel directly with our request before travel
2. ABSOLUTELY NO kids activities
3. No entertainment of any kind. Very difficult to keep kids busy and occupied, especially in the evenings
4. No kid friendly food at the limited buffet
5. They promise 1 fine dining experience a week at one of their 2 restaurants - guess what? One restaurant is for ages 12 and up the other is closed
6. Worst of all - no snack bar, the kids want some nachos or a light meal and there is NOTHING.
7. Last but not the least.... We are travelling with an infant but the rooms don't have refrigerators or microwaves for us to store milk or snacks so when I inquired about options at the front desk they ended up charging us for 2 fridges through our stay when we only need one..... Simple conversations and requests are tough so don't even attempt more than a "hola"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Plaza Hotel Acapulco is an impressive Hotel with a unique pyramidal architecture, facing the Ocean in the Heart of Acapulco Golden Zone, at 35 minutes from International Airport and 5 minutes from downtown Welcome to the most famous beach of the world ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Plaza Hotel Acapulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Acapulco Hotel Acapulco
- Acapulco Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Acapulco