“So Many Pillows No Balcony.”

Hotel Acamar Acapulco
Ranked #104 of 178 Hotels in Acapulco
Chilliwack b.c.
“So Many Pillows No Balcony.”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We go to Acapulco every year and stay in the Playa Caleta area.
Wanted to try something a bit different this year so booked at the Acamar.
We had asked for the best room with an ocean view and were told we had it.
The room was spacious but we had no Balcony on that floor which I believe was the sixth floor facing the water.The bed was a King size but we had 3 little flat pillows on it. After the first sleep we asked for more pillows which came on the 3rd day. Then we had five which was nice as I got four of the little flat things and my girlfriend got one and my arm.
About a week later at about eleven at nioght there was a knock on the door which I answered.
Here was a worker with two more pillows stating they were for our room. I quickly accepted them, thanked him and with the door closing turned to my girlfriend smiling. Now we had seven.
This made up for the no Balcony as we had learned to live with the large windows sliding open as if we were outside.
I would stay there again but I think only if the Caleta Hotel went downhill.

Room Tip: Take the fifth floor ocean view if you want a Balcony. Ask for extra pillows before arrival.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank willemt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I'm never going back to this hotel! Awful service, breakfast and place! its located in front at the sea, ok... but at the poorest side of Acapulco and at the "mountain side" (no mountain at all, only a street shopping with a man yelling/ shouting "Naranja de oro, Naranja de oro!!!!
It's sheap and awful, believe me and Acapulco will be ready in 5/10 uyeras from now. Go to Ixtapa, Playa Del carmen, Cancun...

Room Tip: maybe if you say in front the sea...but it doesnt change service and breakfast at all
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank elianabragam

Travelers are raving about these Acapulco hotels

Painesville
Reviewed August 20, 2011

One of the best experiences I've ever had at a hotel! Will definitely go back there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Erlangen, Germany
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I went there with two friends and at first we got a tiny room where there was no place to even leave our suitcases. When we complained at reception we were moved to a huge room, about three times the size, with a very big bathroom and a massive shared terrace.

The pool was nice enough and we had a good time.

Room Tip: Ask for a better room, they do have nice ones
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Washington
Reviewed May 25, 2009

First of all, if you are looking for the "American" Acapulco experience, this is not the hotel for you. I vacationed with my Mexican boyfriend, so although I do speak Spanish, he did most of the communicating. This hotel is in the Acapulco Tradicional area, where the locals like to vacation. Yes, everyone speaks Spanish, and yes, you will be approached constantly by vendedores. But, that is what Mexico is about! You will find the rooms clean and cheerful. We stayed on the "mountain" side, which is really the "street" side, for economical purposes, but if you have the money to spend, I would suggest staying on the beach side. The pool is clean, unless there are a lot of people in it. The beach is small and charming, and the hotel is open, so there is a nice breeze in the lobby. There are air conditioners in the rooms, which was a necessity in May. The restaurants in this area are all authentic. If you are in need of something at a larger store, you will have to travel, but the buses come by every few minutes, and you will always find a taxi. In short, I would definitely recommend this hotel, but you should love the Mexican culture, and you should speak Spanish or be travelling with someone who does.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannie83
Lausanne
Reviewed April 2, 2009

We stayed in the Acamar after traveling through Mexico. Being very tired of traveling and all the different hotels we were super happy to stay in this hotel. Although there were some constructions renewing the recepcion area and some sort of bar at the pool we had a great time and could enjoy our stay. I must say that the staff is very friendly and give the place a nice personality! I really recommend the place to anyone!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bmfornaro
mexico df
Reviewed April 2, 2009

After arriving and not knowing where the hotel was we were in awe when se saw the beautiful beach from the front desk. The people were very young and very friendly and they can get you about anything you want. It is a small hotel and it is so worth it. We got to meet the owner who is always there and he gave us some great pointers. The beach was very crowded on the weekend but during the week we were the only ones there and the water was beautiful. I came here to get away from the stress of the city and I am going back for semana santa so enjoy some more piña coladas at the bar. Oh they also have great live music on the weekend during the evenings. Nothing bad to say about the place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple