“Not a good time.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 179 Hotels in Acapulco
Palo Alto, California
“Not a good time.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I would advice against satying in this hotel. Be aware of the people that try to sell you time share, it is a scam. They will not leave you alone. They will defenitely ruin all of your vacation. A really bad expirience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank TYRA B
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Mayan Palace Acapulco, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear TYRA B :
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your recent stay with us.

As one of the most successful companies in the Mexican tourism field, we clearly communicate the terms and conditions associated with accepting an invitation to our sales presentation and for that reason; we are shocked to learn about the inconveniences experienced during your visit.

We do appreciate you brought this to our attention and it will be shared with the appropriate management to be thoroughly investigated since our primary goal is to ensure you are able to relax during your much deserved vacation.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future to truly impress you with what we have to offer.

Mayan Palace Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the Mayan Palace for our spring break 3/8-15/13. The property was beautiful! The wrong date was booked and had us checking in the next day. As they were trying to work it out, we walked the grounds and took in the beauty. After 1 1/2 hours of waiting, we were told there were no rooms to accommodate us and was given the option of a room that slept 4 with paying a $50 charge for our 5th person. We were told we could check into the room we originally booked the next day at 10 am, when challenged with how the room be available that early if it was occupied and would need to be cleaned. We were then told we could check in at 3:00! It appeared they got us for N extra $50! We weren't oriented to the properties (3 in all!) and spent the week finding things out. Our trip was salvaged partly due to our driver for the week- Carlos Alegria "Mr. Happy". He was there waiting on us at the airport when we arrived and he drove us around all week giving us the ends and outs of Acapulco. We booked a tour with lunch on a private island and he accompanied us all day! We booked a shopping tour and he not only drove us, but walked around with us helping us with our broken Spanish. He was awesome! You can reach him at tourshappiness@hotmail.com and can call him at 011527441317402. It was very inexpensive and well worth having the same driver for the week!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Divadee J
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Mayan Palace was a wonderful place to stay in Acapulco. We had a large master suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room and kitchen. The condo unit was excellent, clean and comfortable. The rooms were pristine, the grounds beautiful and the pool was to die for. We loved the lazy river and floated around the entire complex. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed taking the shuttle over to the Grand Mayan for breakfast and the beach but we enjoyed the pool and condo better at the Mayan Palace. Can't wait to go back and we'll stay two weeks next time.

Room Tip: It is nice to have the two bedroom master suite with kitchen. We kept pop, fruit, yogurt in the fri...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PLB_13
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family was scheduled to stay at the Mayan Palace in November. En route to Acapulco, my husband became very ill. We had to abandon the trip and go to the doctor ASAP. Turns out he had a stomach virus and was bedridden. I called the Mayan Palace and requested a refund. The staff was not there and I began the horrible process of calling countless agents, working to get a refund.

After finally getting a manager on the phone, I was told that if I could prove that we *actually* went to a doctor, I would receive a refund. I submitted the paperwork and waited. No refund.

On December 3rd, 2012 I called customer service one final time, and was told that I would receive a refund in 5-10 business days. Of course, I did not.

In addition to not receiving a refund, jumping through a lot of hoops to get a letter from our doctor, emailing and submitting the proper paperwork, and calling and calling, the customer relationship marketing team (email people) spammed me, sending me over 100 emails asking me to rate my stay. Oddly, none of the links to the survey worked, so I was unable to provide feedback via-a-vis this channel.

The only positive thing that happened: someone took me off their list, and I have stopped receiving survey requests to rate a stay that never happened, and a refund that never came.

In writing more than 50+Trip Advisor reviews, I have never awarded a business such a low rating.

If the circumstances were a bit different, I could understand: the Grand Mayan *does* provide refunds in instances when people are ill. I was willing to accept a credit for another stay, or just an honest admission that I would never get my money back (a conclusion I resigned myself to and came to on my own). I don't need the money back. But, I was horrified that the Grand Mayan spammed me sending me more than 100+ emails and did not honor their refund policy. Their lack of integrity was a turn-off and I would warn others regarding this property's cancellation policy, email privacy policy.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
14 Thank OrangeMarigolds
Dear Amovingstory :

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to write a review about your experience with our Mayan Palace’s staff.
We generally receive very favorable comments about our staff and the service they provide; unfortunately in this instance, it would appear that is not the case.

Please help by providing us more details about this, contact us at customerservice@mayanpalace.com.mx

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future.

With all good wishes,
Mayan Palace Management.
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Grand Mayan was a wonderful place to stay in Acapulco. The rooms were pristine, and the grounds were beautiful. We just couldn't get enough of that lazy river! If you needed a change in scenery, the shuttle for the Grand Mayan came very frequently. You can have the hotel call for cabs, but we had our own tour guide/driver Roberto Alarcon. He was simply the best! He had lots of good recommendations for restaurants and gave us a lovely city tour. Very reasonable too. We even learned a little Spanish! Although there was only one restaurant, there were a lot of other ones in the area to choose from....sigh....I miss that pool already....

Room Tip: No matter which of the four buildings you are in, they each lead to the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stephanie L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Got married at the Grand Mayan! Stayed at the Mayan Palace. Everything was wonderful. From the lady who did my hair to the taxi driver Dexter! The staff at this place is all great!!! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Outstanding, sprawling resort on the beach only 10 minutes from the airport. Rooms with kitchette, living/dining room and separate bedroom are well thoughtout and spacious. Beachfront seafood restaurant has great atmosphere. Large pool that winds through resort is nice. Can also ride paddle boats on premises.

Room Tip: Try having dinner at either Madiera's or Su Casa over-looking Acapilco Bay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple