“Very good with view remarks”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #27 of 351 Restaurants in Acapulco
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award Wining Fine Dining, Authentic Thai Gastronomy, Thai Chef, Imported Ingredients from Thailand
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Surprisingly the service is not as perfect as in the other restaurants of Banyan Tree. The food is very good, but not extraordinary like they want you too believe and for the prices they charged, it is overprized! We dont have a problem with paying high prices as long as it is worth it.
I know better restaurants in Acpaulco for more aceptable prices. the restaurant is decorated nicely and elegant , very suitable for a nice dinner on the coast. The terrace could do with more lightning in the nights, it is too dark, I dont like it when I can not see what I am having on my plate.
My review looks negative, but the restaurant is not that bad as It seems in my review, it is above average, I just expect more from Banyan Tree

DamianTorres, Gerente at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us and for your high commendation on our service.

Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve both our service and our product and I want to share with you the actions we are taking for your comments.

We look forward to your return to Saffron Restaurant and to having the privilege of being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Food: Just OK, ive eaten in Nahm in Bangkok and other Thai restaurants, this one was avg at best.

Service: Above average, waiter had very good knowledge of everything.

Price: Fair, its obviously a high cuisine restaurant at 5 star hotel.

So far so good but....

The BIG problem was when we ordered the check and we got a surprise that has NEVER happened before. Exactly like laurathomemail wrote in a previous review, they add a 15% service (which would be ok if it was tip), but the waiter explained to us that that service charge goes to the hotel staff (gardeners, people who clean the bathroom, security staff, etc etc). We werent even staying at the hotel and they they told us that its Banyan Tree policy. NEVER in my life have i seen anything so absurd. They expected us to accept that AND on top of that leave another 15% tip. The manager came, explained everything to us and told us that he´s had many problems with other guests dining. After 15 minutes of discussions which ruined our experience, they finally eliminated that 15% "hotel service charge" (or whatever this absurd thing is) and we gave 15% real TIP.

Without this experience, the restaurant is probably 3.5 stars but believe me when i tell you that it was probably the most uncomfortable experience ive ever had a restaurant.

TIP 1: We had dinner at 9pm and it was dark already and had no view whatsover.. The restaurant is located at a very elegant and nice outdoor spot. Im sure experience improves greatly if you go, say at 7pm, to watch the sunset. I didnt see them but for sure the views are breathtaking.

TIP 2: If you´re not staying at the hotel and took a taxi, have the waiter order a taxi way in advance. The hotel is located far away from everything and it takes 30-45 minutes for a taxi to get there.

1  Thank Jacobo_tbp

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.

Once again I appreciate your preference in choosing us, and I look forward of welcoming you again in the near future

Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wonderful food and service. Ate there twice while at the resort for five nights. Food tasted nicely authentic with clean, refined, intense flavors, and a sense of lightness - even curries did not feel heavy. Excellent and delicious satays. Beef salad and duck salad with mint were remarkable, with wonderful contrasts of hot and cold, crisp and tender, sweet and sour, and redolent with fragrant fresh herbs. Duck curry with various fruits was simultaneously rich and light with the fruit adding interesting flavor and texture without cloying sweetness. Steamed sea bass was perfectly cooked and served on top of some very remarkable cabbage rolls. All served with choice of plain or subtly flavored rices perfectly cooked. Vegetarian pad Thai was elegant and refined, not sticky, and not over sauced. Suggestion of Casa Madero Chardonnay to go with food was perfect. Prices are high but worth it considering the food quality, experience, and location. Service was spot on, friendly, warm, and professional. Diego our server was excellent, as was the restaurant manager. The chef - from Thailand - was really wonderful. We had the chance to have some great conversations with him both times and interestingly enough he was chef at Mayakoba when we were there two years ago. Ambiance and view from the terrace was magical at night. Go if you're thinking about it, whether you're on resort or not. Fantastic.

We thank you immensely for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read the nice description you made about your visit with us. We are overjoyed to know that our Saffron restaurant has pleased you.

Our main commitment is to maintain the high standards you have experienced through consistency training to our staff of whom we are very proud and believe is the finest in Acapulco.

We sincerely hope to welcome you to Saffron Restaurant on a future occasion.

With kind regards,

Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had two dinners at Saffron while we stayed at the Banyan Tree last week. The service was impeccable and the food was very good but not great. One night I ordered the chicken curry, which was tasty but not noteworthy. Another night I wasn't that hungry and just got spring rolls, which were underwhelming (but then again they were just spring rolls after all!) My boyfriend ordered a different signature dish each night and was happy with his meals but not blown away. The beautiful setting of the restaurant and the high quality of service would garner 5 stars but my two experiences of the food equate more with a four star experience.

DamianTorres, Gerente at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2014

We wish to thank you for taking the time to describe our service with the care you did.

It is very gratifying for the Saffron family to read throughout your comments and realize that your visit with us was pleasant enough to spend your time sharing the experience with others

I have taken note of your observations, be sure a follow up is taken on them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Saffron Restaurant soon.

Regards,

Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Saffron at the Banyan Tree in Cabo Marques is an excellent Thai restaurant, that serves fairly authentic Thai food that is kicked up a notch. It is the signature restaurant at all of the Banyan Tree resorts. The service is impeccable and the ambiance is sleek and upscale.Many of the restaurants in Acapulco boast of their views of the city, Saffron has the most incredible sunsets.
Don't be surprised when you see the price tag. But you get what you pay for.

We are delighted to read the nice description you made about your visit. We are overjoyed to know that our Saffron Restaurant has pleased you.

We sincerely hope to welcome you to Saffron Restaurant on a future occasion.

With my best regards,