“Always love it...”

$50.00*
Kayaking Tour with Lunch in Acapulco
Ranked #8 of 94 things to do in Acapulco
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a glass-bottom boat and explore this small island, which has nice beaches, restaurants and a zoo.
Windsor, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Always love it...”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

When we were there the water was so clear we could hunt many fish of various colour. I used a little blow up float and went everywhere close to shore and explored and saw so much!!!!

Visited December 2013

Sodus Point, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect day trip - outstanding hike + beaches - My favorite!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I discovered Isla la Roqueta by buying a ticket on a PALAO excursion. A great intro for Isla la Roqueta and worth the price - 150 pesos + 35 pesos the hotel that sold me the tickets charged on top. I will write a separate review for Palao.

After I discovered la Roqueta, I went back 9 times. Instead of getting there via Palao boat, I started going directly to Caleta beach, buying Roqueta Directo for 40 pesos and going straight to the island, skipping the cliff-diving and other attraction spots offered by other boats.

Most local tourists go there to hang out on the beach which is wonderful. There are also two smaller beaches that are rather secluded and on business days could be totally empty and feel like your "private" beaches.

I loved the hiking trails on la Roqueta. Took me about 3 hours including stops at scenic overlooks to complete a trail variation around the island. If I hang out on one of those private beaches, it would be longer.

I never felt threatened by anything - snakes or shady people while on my hikes. I am a 50 year-old woman and most of the times I was on the trails alone. Just gorgeous and perfect for me because it is a well established network of trails, signs are mostly missing but it didn't matter, I just picked the ones that were hugging the shore. Then on other hikes I'd go to the Lighthouse and change my trails...

So, if you like to hike, stay on the trails - you'll be in the shade and you might find the beaches on your fist hike - or at least one, and at least one overlook with a breath-taking views...

I can't wait to go back. I did lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks and la Roqueta hikes definitely helped me to shape up!

Visited January 2014
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Relaxing and fun!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Isla la Roqueta, is a very relaxing place to spend the day. Watch the seashell salesmen float by on their small rafts, and take in snorkeling. Or just people watch and a little swimming while relaxing in a lounge chair on the beach. All boats are glass bottom, so when buying your ticket to cross to the island, purchase the NON-glass bottom boat ticket, it's cheaper!

Visited February 2013
5 Thank joybee10
Houghton Lake
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Perfect ending after Cliff Divers”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We've been going to Acapulco for 28 years in a row, thios Feb 2 will be 29. Every year I rent a cruiser and take friends from Acapulco, most have never been out on the ocean, and go to the cliff divers. After we stop at Isla La Roqueta and have dinner. GREAT food,service and view....a MUST go!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank acafool
Acapulco, Mexico
“What an island!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family from Canada just love this island.Assured fun guaranteed.A must for anyone visiting Acapulco.

Visited December 2012