Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Acapulco
from $34.50
More Info
from $40.00
More Info
All reviews great beach bay vendors waves restaurant mexico
Reviewed January 8, 2019

This is a great beach: sandy, no waves due to the cove. There are few non-nationals there, but the food is amazing and the beer cheep and cold. We went to a restaurant that does not seem to come up on Trip Adviser: Don Tomy: get the Octopus in love it is wonderful; Margaritas are so small but so powerful. Sit in the sun and take a dip when you get hot. There are many venders so practice: "No gracias"; " cerveza por favor" banios.
Getting there: contract with a cab you trust, some will wait others will come back; try to get out before dark as people can get pretty drunk later in the day (we used whats app) there is only one road in and out so expect some traffic. Mega is on the way out if you need to supply.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

We have visited the beach and it’s marvellous. Much clean waters than Acapulco shore small restaurants with shadow not much people was sun bathing though if you have small chidren or looking for some seaside with clear waters you should go there

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Sevilay G
Reviewed January 11, 2018

We hit this beach one day - because from the road it looks amazing! I feel that many areas in Acapulco are either all rich people or all poor people...not much in between. We are average people - not rich not poor ....thrill seekers and over all well seasoned ....our experience at this beach was not good. The area is VERY POOR and people are RUNNING up to your car on the drive in trying to get you to eat at their restaurant and buy things. You have to choose a place because there is no other parking available. We selected a restaurant with beach chairs and a bath room. The locals were nice but the bath rooms were not clean at all!!! I can deal with basic but not filthy and no T.P. The food was ok but we couldn't converse due to the 100s of vendors walking by us trying to sell their goods. I think the Mexican Gov should pass a law or make vendors stay on the beach and OFFER their goods but not push them on tourists - it was sickening. ( EVRY 10 sec they would hit you up and they WOULD NOT take NO for an answer.) I understand they are trying to do their job...but they dont seem to understand they are driving tourists away! Upon leaving - our bill was incorrect and my husband ( who is Mexican ) tried to sort it out with the owner and they would not adjust the prices to match what was in their menu - basically they were over charging us. My husband and I felt ripped off and would never go back. Too many other nice places to hit for beach view and food - such as Barra Vieja. We feel that in 5 to 10 years that whole area will be scooped up by a hotel chain and turned into condos. ( sad to say ) I feel bad for the locals - but it all goes back to Education and they dont know any better. It was a depressing experience. If you just want to hit the beach - I suggest the Diamond beach area and Barra Vieja. We ate dinner at Barra Vieja and the locals there told us "they didn't even like" the Marques area. I hope the future generations of Mexico in this area all get a GREAT education so they can become the best restaurant and hotel owners and lift themselves out of this mess. I LOVE MEXICO and wish to see all of them succeed!!

Date of experience: December 2017
3  Thank heidi D
Reviewed February 12, 2017

Took some friends from out of town. It was very relaxing. Nice gentle waves. Ate at Maria Teresa. Good. Just did cerviches, octopus in love, topas. Just be prepared for all the peddlers.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Very nice place for a day trip nice beaches nice food nice people very relaxing spent the whole day there would like to go every time that I visit Acapulco

Date of experience: July 2016