“Penthouse at Las Torres”

Las Torres Gemelas Suites & Beach Resort
Ranked #132 of 178 Hotels in Acapulco
NYC
“Penthouse at Las Torres”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We lodged there with a family of five. Two adults, one senior, a teen and baby. Definitely spacious enough for all and the view was beautiful BUT the previous tenants that occupied the space had gotten robbed... We were advised to take all valuables, ipads, etc with us. It made me very uncomfortable wondering if when we walked in we were going to encounter thieves.
The place is very run down, the elevators are slow, valet parking took 90minutes to retrieve our car. It was just fair.
Unfortunately, all of Acapulco seemed to be in a sad state due to the economic crisis. As far as safety in the street. Never felt unsafe. The streets were pretty calm and not booming with the dynamic I recall Acapulco to be. It's very sad. Would we return? Unfortunately not, the ambiance was just sad and dreadful. On another note, we went to San Miguel de Allende the following week and that's the Mexico I remember.... lively and happy....

Room Tip: Due to the previous incident prior to us checking in; we felt more comfortable not having housekeepi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MChavez229
jamesguzman, Manager at Las Torres Gemelas Suites & Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I am sorry to hear that you were made to feel uncomfortable during your visit with us. The incident that took place was a one time incident and the perpetrators were caught and the property was returned to the owner. There have been many precautions that have been put into place to make sure these types of thing don't happen. We also have in room safes and a safe at the reception desk. I hope that one day you will decide to come visit Acapulco again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Toronto
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed in the Penthouse, which was really a 3-floor two FULL bedroom suite....by myself! Next time I'm bringing a crew with me. Yes, there will be a next time. The view from all floors was spectacular, but the view from the top floor deck of my suite (fit 15-20 or so just on the deck), which was essentially a bar in the back, with a large wrap around cushioned seating area, with a jacuzzi (fits 3-4 easily) and a deck overlooking the Pacific, more specifically Bahia De Acapulco (Bay of Acapulco) was absolutely absolutely stunning. One of the best views in the world.

During the day, the sun beckoned to be "worshipped", on the deck and the evening proved to be a setting of serenity as I enjoyed the calmness of the bay and the sultry invitation of the city behind me where the city lights peppered all over the hills guarded the bay. Truly a site to be experienced.

The hotel/Apt complex itself is very touristy, I prefer quiet and so remained in my suite often. The complex had a good mix of amenities, stores, various tourist offerings such as scuba, jet skis, including a reasonable pool with significant depth on one end (I didn't go in), and then steps lead to the beach area, which was pretty much private, surrounded by rocks....but waves were too much for me to handle at the time I went. The hotel itself is likely a 3 star, but I stayed in a 5 star suite, hence the 4 stars.

When going to the beach, be sure to seek out Simon who makes various fresh fruit salads with lots of salt/chilli's....I had the mango for breakfast every morning.....one of the best in the world....no joke. Watch out for the crabs among the rocks.....they are hiding and lots.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for a room with a balcony. You absolutely need to hear the waves at night wh...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank AamarToronto
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stayed here in July with a mate , and we had a great time ...

I stayed in both the studio ( with my girlfriend ) and the penthouse, and would recommend both to anyone travelling to Acapulco.

I have been to Acapulco many times before, and will definitely look to stay here on my next visit , which will hopefully be soon !!

Great location , amazing view , good pool , secure , what else can you ask for ..

Thanks to Jeff for great communication , and a great holiday !! Hope to see you again soon in beautiful Acapulco !!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Traveller_1877
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Every day, I'd walk into my suite and see the couch, beds, desk, glass wall, and beyond that wall the patio and Pacific ocean and think, "Good lord, am I really here?"

The staff was polite and helpful. But then again it seemed like everyone in the city was polite and helpful. Even the lobby was amazing. Open air and with a nice view of the hotel pool and the ocean beyond that.

There were a few handy shops in the lobby as well that all opened out onto the street. So it was easy to pick up little things on the way in and out.

I loved my suite the most, however. It was so nice that I enjoyed hanging out there about as much as exploring the strip and hanging out on the beach. It was chic and cozy at the same time. And that glass wall with the view! I want to go back just to lie in that comfortable bed and fall asleep and wake to the sound of the Pacific outside my window.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank RamblingAnarchist
Raleigh
Reviewed July 24, 2011

You are in the very center of Acapulco bay and the view is to die for. We stayed up high, which made the experience spectacular. Management is responsive and focused on customer satisfaction. You are near everything in Acapulco. The breakfast bar in the lobby is very good, served in the typical Mexican style. The front desk staff speaks excellent English.

Room Tip: Get up high and face the water. The sunset view will pay for it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed February 3, 2011

This is a good place in a good location. Staff are friendly, accommodating and reliable. Ours was a penthouse suite, spacious and well-appointed, with excellent views of Acapulco Bay and the ocean beyond. We couldn't have done better at the price, which was very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveler52053
Vancouver
Reviewed April 8, 2010

First impression when you walk into the apartment is that it is very spacious and modern. The floor to ceiling glass window that shows Acapulco Bay is impressive. The combination of dark hard wood floors and ivory couch make for a stylish feel. The main room has a quality sound system which was great for entertaining or relaxing. The rooms were large and beds were comfortable. The apartment's location is great for beaches, resturaunts and night life. Spending time on the rooftop watching sunsets was spectacular. I enjoyed my stay here and can't wait to visit again. -Boody

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple