“Thank you, Rudy.”

Tour by Van
Book In Advance
$58.50*
and up
Acapulco Shore Excursion: All-Inclusive City Sightseeing Tour and Baby Turtle...
$63.00*
Coyuca Lagoon, Turtle Release, and Witch Doctor Market Tour from Acapulco
$44.99*
Historical Tour of Acapulco with Visit to the Municipal Market
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I never push shopping stops in my tours. A customized and comprehensive tour in your personal Van gives you complete freedom to explore at your own pace with an itinerary that suites your personal interest. You will not waste time in shops or wandering around with people with different interests and preferences, choose your own stride and schedule. Your tour with us will be a referral of your Mexican Riviera Cruise or Holiday in Acapulco. It's your vacation… Get the most out of it!!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Ontario
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Thank you, Rudy.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've been coming to Acapulco for fifteen years and always considered myself fairly independent. I met Rudy through Trip Advisor and have come to depend on him more and more to show me sides of Acapulco that I've never seen before. He cares about his clients and I consider him a friend.

4 Thank snorkldik

Santa Clara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Viva Acapulco”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Rudy showed my family a great time in Acapulco. He was on time as promised and not once did i visit a place in Acapulco where I felt unsafe. The views Rudy took us to see where incredible. If i go back to Acapulco Rudy will be the first person I contact.

Dave

2 Thank dsarab
Hyderabad, India
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Acapulco Magic with Rudy & Romeo”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our visit to Acapulco could not have been complete and magical without Rudy & Romeo from Tour by Van. From the moment we got in touch with them, detailed communication and plan of our tour followed. Rudy provided a big comfortable airconditioned van for us all the days, and Romeo with his sense of humour, practical tips and knowledge of the city was absolutely fantastic. both of them showed us all the main attractions of the city, they listened to us carefully and avoided crowded places which was important for us. The recommendation for the restaurants was awesome and well selected. The highlight of the tour was the lagoon at Pie de la Cuesta, Pescado a la talla, bird watching in the lagoon, mud mask, mango plucking from the plantation and river cruise. Rudy & Romeo are honest hard working tour operators and they deserve all the support we can give them. They are undoubtedly the best in Acapulco. I strongly recommend them for any one visiting Acapulco and looking for a reliable, trustworthy and fun tour operator to spend time with. All in all.......truly 5 star *****

2 Thank SoumenChowdhury
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Rudy is a very nice, kind and helpful man! We were a group of 11 Norwegian students and 1 teacher visiting Mexico City and Acapulco, and my contact with Rudy before our trip was great. He drove from Acapulco to Mexico to picked us up at our hotel, and drove us all the way back to Acapulco! We also visited a beautiful city, Taxco on the way. It was a great service, and a very interesting trip. The next day, Rudy recommended a city-tour in Acapulco, witch we agreed on. The trip was great, we got a lot of information and great guiding by two very kind guides, and we got to see a lot of Acapulco! The only ting was that he went through places a little fast... But that would probably be because Rudy wantet us to be together/safe, and it was maybe too much to see in a short time! It was a little misunderstanding when it was payment-time (he wanted us to pay more than we first agreed on, we had to pay more than we first expected, and we felt we where a little bit fooled…) So double-check the total price, before an activity. But Rudy is a great guy, and he offers a very good service, and wants the best for his costumers!

4 Thank Noraramfjord
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Trip! Rudy & Romeo are the absolute best!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Rudy is reliable, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and an absolute joy! I know most American tourists are typically skeptical about tour guides - however, Rudy catered to all my requests and after the first couple of minutes, I felt very safe in his care.

After some extensive research, I emailed him in advance regarding an airport pick up. His prompt responses were reassuring of his business ethics (with no deposit required and several follow up emails to confirm arrival times). When we arrived at the airport, he was waiting eagerly in the lobby to collect our suitcases and get us on board of his very spacious air conditioned van (It was 90 degrees!) I was very glad to have his assistance as other local taxi drivers were aggressively trying to lure us into (non-air conditioned) out dated cabs. These aggressive tactics were quickly dissolved through Rudy and Romeo's protection. I was extremely happy to have them watching over us.

Based on his advice, we made a quick stop by the local Walmart which was vital for bottled waters and other essentials. He dropped us off at our resort and we made arrangements for a tour van the following day.

Romeo picked us up at 9:30 am on the dot! He took us to the Chapel of Peace church which can best be described as "breath taking." Although Sunday service was taking place, we were free to roam the area and take pictures from this beautiful vantage point. Then we continued our way to meet Rudy in the heart of the local markets. Rudy took the lead and introduced us to some of his buddies in the market. I felt like I was getting an "insider's peak" of the "real" Acapulco lifestyle. We sampled different bites of local food but kept it to a minimum out of fear of potential stomach issues. We drove around the city and Romeo pointed out the mega mansion where Sylvester Stallion lived while filming Ramboo. Soon we were taken to see cliff divers! This was absolutely amazing (and scary) to watch. About 6 divers took the leap from a 130 ft drop. If you come for the show at night, apparently they jump with torches in hand. We made a pitstop by the mural of Diego Rivera. Rudy and Romeo shared some history about its origins. Our last stop of the day was a beach front restaurant with amazing fresh fish and very reasonable prices.

We inquired about snorkeling but was informed that it was not the best time of season especially following some night time rain showers. Also, we had thoughts of swimming with the dolphins however $130/hour USB was not worth the price. Instead, Romeo created an personalized in prompt tour. He took us to a free zoo and saw crocodiles, iguanas, and other exotic creatures. Local men were climbing trees and retrieving coconuts. One man looked to us (obvious tourists) and sliced one in half and told us to sample the coconut milk. Acapulco is extremely welcoming of tourists - this is how they make their livelihood!

The last trip we took was to a sea turtle conservatory. We watched a brief video about how sea turtles are becoming engaged because the turtles and eggs are illegally stolen and sold on the black market. A woman named Maria would unearth the turtle eggs and replant them in her backyard. After labeling them with a predicted hatching date, the collect the new babies and place them in a bin. All new turtles are kept in fresh air to develop their sense of smell. After awhile, they are submerged into a pool to develop their swimming abilities. Maria gave us each a sea turtle to name and release into the ocean. Turtles instinctively migrate towards the sounds of the ocean. However, only one out of a thousand survive! Humans are their deadliest predator. Also, while in the ocean, they are typically eaten but other fish or birds.

Finally, we took a swamp tour on a little boat. This was the swamp used in Tarzan and Rambo 2. Our captain took us into a lily pad area and even created a flower necklace for me out of a lily flower she yanked from the swamp. When we returned to shore, we picked out a fresh red snapper, weighed it by the kilo and ordered it for lunch. They filet the fish, grilled it with chili pepper then served in at the beach picnic tables. I've never eaten a fresher lunch, esp at a reasonable price ($22 for the whole fish)!

Finally, it was sad to say farewell. Rudy and Romeo picked us up from our resort for our ride to the airport. After using local cabs twice to get around to other resorts - it was clear they were over charging us - practically double! From then on, we refused to get into any other vehicle except Rudy's trust wrothy vans.

I will definitely return to Acapulco and undoubtable call upon Rudy for his FANTASTIC services. I couldn't make a stronger recommendation for this unbeatable service. Two thumbs way up!

Visited January 2013