“We love this hotel!!”

Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows
Ranked #53 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Reviewed July 21, 2007

My husband I found this hotel by searching the web. We were delighted to find this hotel. We stayed in the bungalows, and enjoyed our privacy. The staff is very nice and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Gemini69Clive_Ia
There are newer reviews for Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows

Reviewed November 6, 2004

When we checked in the guy at the reception was really rude and they charge me more than what they had told me when I made the reservation. It was high season in the month of August so I didn't have the patience and time to look for another hotel. The room was very small for the $80 dollars that we paid. the bathroom was tiny and very old style.
The pool was nice and the breakfast at the hotel restaurant next to it was very tasty also.
I don't think I will stay there again, though.

5  Thank Perrik77
Reviewed October 16, 2004

Good budget property. This hotel was a good value even though it is not on the beach. The only complain I had was the nightly music that started after 9:00 and did not end till around 11:00, very loud for the early to bed people or those that like to read at night.

8  Thank Nysewander
Reviewed July 10, 2004

I chose Hotel Sand's for a 10-day stay in Acapulco for three reasons: the advices I found on TripAdvisor, its low prices and its very nice web page.
I have to say that my first impression of the Sand's hotel, when I arrived there, was not good: my partner and I arrived during night time in Acapulco after an Air France flight cancelation (me) and a Copa Air baggage loss (her), so we were not in the right mood against this hotel (probably against ANY hotel...); our disappointment was also increased by the fact that the hotel was under slight restoration as it was low season when we stayed there (June 2004).
However, as the days passed we started appreciating the place (quiet and green) and the staff (always friendly and willing to help, and Juanita is an added value to the hotel). And, reading the (negative) comments of other TripAdvisor users about five-star hotels of Acapulco, I think that we made the right choice.
Bungalows (we were staying in one of them) are possibly a bit small, but clean and comfortable enough for two people; rooms are larger and all of them with the terrace. The hotel, which also has a swimming pool, is not on the beach but is close to it: you can get to the seaside by simply crossing the Avenida Costera. The hotel location is also very good: you are right in the centre of the Acapulco bay and you can reach any place in a few minutes by walking or by taxi.
In the end, my bottom line is: I think that Hotel Sand's is one of the best quality-to-price ratio hotels you can find in Acapulco.

10  Thank nmasetti
A TripAdvisor Member
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 16, 2003

I have stayed and the Sands Hotel for the past 5 years and every year I enjoy it more. Its a very private place and the management sees to it that it stays that way.

• Stayed: January 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 4, 2003

I have stayed at the Hotel Sands and find it really clean and comfortable. The Hotel is small but makes up for it with the people who work their. The management is ourgoing and friendly. The staff is super. The staff has been at the Hotel many years. The pool area is great for relaxation. It is right across the street from the beach. It is a SUPER VALUE! Try it.

• Stayed: February 2005
17  Thank kyderby
A TripAdvisor Member
Tempe, Az
Reviewed February 23, 2003

I`ve been in the Sands many times, and everytime I find it clean, affordable & fun. if you`re the kind of people who likes a quiet place, without springbreakers.. this is the place to be

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Acapulco hotels
Hotel Restaurant Quinta Karla Pie de la Cuesta
#50 of 168 in Acapulco
El Hotelito
El Hotelito
#108 of 168 in Acapulco

Been to Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows

Address: Avenida Costera Miguel Aleman 178 | Frac. Magallanes, Acapulco 39670, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Guerrero > Acapulco
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #53 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
Price Range: $46 - $94 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows 2.5*
Excellent Location, 3 blcoks from Diana circle, 100 mts. is the beach, 2 blcoks from Diana Shopping Center,7 minutes from central station, 25 minutes from La Quebrada, 30 minutes from Airport, everything is around us.this family-friendly hotel offers comfortable amenities such as free home breakfast, wireless internet access,air-conditioned guestrooms.Guests can relax in the hotel's landscaped gardens or go for a swim in the outdoor pool. Kids can play of miniature golf or play on the on-site playground. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Sands Acapulco Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sands Hotel Acapulco